Player harassment

Replies

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    RussianSKS wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    I am DEBATING about reporting him in game. Should I?

Report him for what? He doesn't cheat. It's an arena. You insist on fighting him. He insists on fighting you. It's all good. Battle it out.
    it's the harassing PM's & name calling that's getting annoying.

So block him on discord and dont join in game chats with him. Problem solved, enjoy the rest of your day!
  • People play ships?
  • People play ships?

More than squads, in my case. There I can be number 1 for half of the month, because I share the payout with somebody else. And yes, I am on ships shard Discord server. So, we all know each other's payout and act accordingly. But we are open to anybody who wants to join us.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Tell CG he got extra Malak shards. They will look into the situation immediately.
  • lol - getting harassed by someone in game makes me laugh... I'm not laughing at you personally, but to think that the harassee thinks they actually make a difference is beyond me. It hardly ever happens to me - either here or on other platforms, but I just block or mute them and attack them anyway.

Progression is not about bending to their will or doing what they want, it's about taking you out if you're in a spot I want to be in. I attack whomever, whenever and however I want - as many times as I want. I'm sure the people stuck in my ranking right now really don't like me because I will change arena teams throughout the day to progress - even if it's by a single slot that I want.
  • Answering the original Question:
    If your opponent sent you a harassing message in Discord, then blocked you in Discord, then the problem solved itself. Nothing to do in-game and nothing for CG to do.

If your opponent complains that you attacked him because you’re not in the Shard chat, then your options are either to ask to join the Shard chat (which is likely handled in Discord), OR to decide that the Shard chat doesn’t matter to you and that Arena is supposed to be a competitive game mode—so you will Attack whomever you choose.

Don’t worry about the babies. They aren’t worth your time.

Keep on gaming!
  • Shaddes wrote: »
    Attacking other people will solve the whole problem. You’re both stubborn

Disagree, if someone is sitting in a spot that is one prize tier up from you and they are the only one you can attack to obtain that next tier, they should get attacked regardless of how immature they are or how much they think they are entitled to that spot because they colluded to get there.
  • Ships were a quiet peaceful place until relics. Change your payout if you can. No one needs that ****. I started waiting until my payout to do any attacks just to avoid the headaches
  • RussianSKS wrote: »
    No ... I very rarely read the forums. This is a game, not a lifestyle for me. I don't spend every waking moment reading up on ... I'm an adult with more important things to do. And for several months I DID have one f the strongest fleets, constantly in top 5

Wow I have no clue how you made it this far...nearly 4 years into the game and you haven’t heard of shard chats?

Also you don’t have to spend every waking moment in this game to know about it. I’ve spent an hour today on the game and will spend about 30 for TB. That’s it.

Please don’t play victim to a victimless crime as nothing as happened it’s just you who are obviously clueless.
    No ... I very rarely read the forums. This is a game, not a lifestyle for me. I don't spend every waking moment reading up on ... I'm an adult with more important things to do. And for several months I DID have one f the strongest fleets, constantly in top 5

Wow I have no clue how you made it this far...nearly 4 years into the game and you haven’t heard of shard chats?

Also you don’t have to spend every waking moment in this game to know about it. I’ve spent an hour today on the game and will spend about 30 for TB. That’s it.

Please don’t play victim to a victimless crime as nothing as happened it’s just you who are obviously clueless.

You sound like you need a screentime break. Happens to me as well. No shame in it. Games overly demanding

Report him for what? He doesn't cheat. It's an arena. You insist on fighting him. He insists on fighting you. It's all good. Battle it out.

Just block him
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Report him, what’s the worst that could happen? Screw his life up a bit.
  • If that ever happened to me, I'd start attacking him whenever possible. Perhaps he'd convince his shard chat mates to target me, and as a consequence I'd end up with less rewards for a period, but it would be totally worth it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

In-game or on Discord? If it's in-game feel free to report it. If it's on discord, please don't waste CG's time with a report.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Arena is half squad / fleet development and the other half is social. You seem to be failing one and this is the result.

Wait, you think OP is failing the social aspect of ship arena rather than his opponent?

Sounds like the opposite to me

According to the OP it's both of them. They both insist on hitting each other, and both are mad that the other does the same.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Tiig wrote: »
    Report him, what’s the worst that could happen?

Wasting CG's time.
  • Just fyi, the worst thing you could have done is let him know exactly what time your payout is.

Weak players like the whiney guy getting hit can go crying for help to take advantage of your payout time and really can deny you ever getting much of a payout.

It's a failing of the game for sure that needs to be fixed. Changeable payout times and restructure ALL shard arenas every other week or so :) then if they want to cheat and arrange payouts they gotta work for it.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member

Wasting CG's time.

😂😂😂
    Oh wait.... you’re serious. That’s just sad.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Wasting CG's time.

😂😂😂

Reporting someone for something that CG does not do anything about does indeed waste their time. Someone has to spend time looking into it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Tiig wrote: »

Wasting CG's time.

😂😂😂

- I couldn't beat a team that I usually beat, the opponent must be cheating. Because I still can't understand that one can only cheat on offense. Let's report him
    - Someone beat me in GAC. Since I'm not aware of all the different teams counters, I guess he cheated. Let's report him
    - Some guy in my arena dared attack me (shocking). Let's report him

Yes, these kind of clueless reports must be legion and are definitely wasting time to the team supposed to catch the real cheaters
  • Shaddes wrote: »
    Attacking other people will solve the whole problem. You’re both stubborn

Disagree, if someone is sitting in a spot that is one prize tier up from you and they are the only one you can attack to obtain that next tier, they should get attacked regardless of how immature they are or how much they think they are entitled to that spot because they colluded to get there.

I'm in a ship shard chat. I take first every day. Was doing so running ETA2, FOSFTF, Poe... Cassian, Ahsoka, Plo, 5s under Mace before Negotiator came out. Well this fleet doesn't even begin to work properly on defense, so I would get attacked by everyone and fall quite a ways. So I began attacking everyone that climbed through me.

Told them that I get targeted by everyone so I can't afford to care who's payout is where if I want to make any crystals. Everyone climbing through me is why I have to buy too many refreshes to make crystals, so I'll spend some to make sure the people climbing through me don't make any either.

They say: you're the only one I can beat to make top blah blah blah. I say: Then get a better fleet so you can win on offense. I can win on offense. I deserve to be here. If you can only get here by beating me, you do not. Why should you make crystals off of my efforts while I don't?

Now the people in the chat left me alone to begin with. The ones that were cool got in the chat, and that was everybody. Run Negotiator fleet now so I hold better than before.

@OP But yeah, if that guy is the only one you can beat to move, then hit him, expect him to flip out, and acknowledge it as a choice that YOU made. As others have said, block him if his messages bother you. Obviously any time you hit him it will be a problem so just know it will be.
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Report this ****, I call this " scum placing " and CG really should look at a way to punish people who collude with each other to secure a payout as it takes away the whole aspect of arena.

People in my shard do it and send me direct messages ingame, I just ignore them.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Wasting CG's time.

😂😂😂

Silly reports like those will do nothing but delay the reviewing of actual cheating. Apparently, for some reason you need to have someone explain simple stuff like this to you to help you understand. You're welcome.
  • If you can prove it prove it