What's a good Tank character?

Should I go for fives, Han etc.

Replies

• Terrorize89
    434 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I think all tanks suck currently till they redo the entire role and how tanking works, but from what I've experienced, the two best tanks are Old Ben then Fives, maybe Poe too.
  • I think all tanks suck currently till they redo the entire role and how ranking works, but from what I've experienced, the two best tanks are Old Ben then Fives, maybe Poe too.

Fives is on my LS squad, apart from that I don't use tanks apart from tank only gear challenges , Oppress, Windu (also LS squad) and HK-47 are pretty tanky though.

I use them here and there, mostly in GW but i use either Oppress or HK as 5th spot in PvP depending on if I'm facing Jedi or not (HK gets the nod against heavy Jedi teams).
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Fives is beastmode, but I don't think he has a taunt. Correct me if I'm wrong.

When it comes to true tanks (taunters) Poe is probably tops.
  • I feel like the Tanks shouldn't be called a "tank" unless they have a taunt. I still use chewy with a high attack team. He draws the dmg and the high attack kills the enemy.
  • Nosnibor wrote: »
    I feel like the Tanks shouldn't be called a "tank" unless they have a taunt. I still use chewy with a high attack team. He draws the dmg and the high attack kills the enemy.

I still like what Han brings to the table. His whole "your team gains turn meter whenever he's hit" gives you a pretty good power turn when he taunts. Sure, he's gonna die... but you should get a free turn or two per hero out of it before he finally bites it, and often that's all it takes.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • The reason tanks aren't working well here in SWGOH is that when players get to higher levels, taunts can be outdone by sheer damage and critical attacks so they definitely need to do something for their longevity with some characters.

My idea was that their attacks would improve with level, similar to how some other characters like Asajj Ventress for example. Up to Level 6, she has the Strike Fear attack but that turns into the Endless Wrath attack at Level 7. If they did the same with the tanks, that would give them more endgame playability. I know EA is probably working on this balancing of stats right now so hopefully, it'll be fixed down the road....
  • I am against increasing hp because it could cause new problems. A simple solution would be to reduce all damage by half (or a certain percentage) while taunting is in effect because the opposing heroes are "too enraged" to dish out proper damage. This will allow tanks to survive longer and serve their purpose even at higher levels.
  • obiwan1011 wrote: »
    I am against increasing hp because it could cause new problems. A simple solution would be to reduce all damage by half (or a certain percentage) while taunting is in effect because the opposing heroes are "too enraged" to dish out proper damage. This will allow tanks to survive longer and serve their purpose even at higher levels.

Good idea. Or increase the tank's defense and introduce heal bonus
  • I would like a counter strike feature with taunt. Maybe 25% damage w/ self heal