Here is how I complete Galactic War on a daily basis

Prev1
So lets start off with my team composition:

Leader: Qui-Gon Jinn: 4*, lvl 63( gear lvl 8) pwr. 4097
Darth sidious: 7* lvl 64(gear lvl 8) pwr. 4953
Luminara Unduli: 7* lvl 62( gear lvl 7) pwr.4717
Jedi Consular: 6* lvl 62( gear lvl 8) pwr. 4584
Greedo: 4* lvl 64( gear lvl 9) pwr. 4295

This is my main team but I have other characters if I need them or the situation fits.
A few of them are:

Count Dooku: 4* lvl 62( gear lvl 7) pwr. 3364
Captain Phasma: 4* lvl 62( gear lvl 7) pwr. 3142
Poe Dameron: 3* lvl 62( gear lvl 6) pwr. 2556
Eeth Koth: 4* lvl 63( gear lvl 6) pwr. 3116

So now that we have that out of the way lets talk strategy:

First we want to plan our attack, this should be who to target first, second, third and so on.
In the image you can see that he is running Phasma, Count dooku, Darth Sidious, Luminara and Jedi Consular. http://imgur.com/fgtrzfE

This is a standard issue team and is pretty normal in Galactic war, nothing we havent see before. So who should we attack first, you may ask? Well there is basically two options here, either Darth Sidious or Count Dooku. Darth sidious has the healing immunity but Count has that stun which can be brutal. In this battle Dooku is the imporant one to get down right away. Then we go for sidious and save Jedi Consular for last, as he is not a heavy hitter. If you choose to go for sidious first I would then go for Luminara right after. Always remember you want to keep your team as high hp as possible.
After Dooku is down go for the hardest attacker, which in this case is Sidious. Kill him after that choose between Phasma or Luminara. We whant to save Jedi Consular for last. While killing off Phasma and Luminara you want to heal depending on how many of your players are dam aged. I personally would go for Jedi Consular heal if I am not struggling but if I am I go for Luminaras heal.

So now that we have gotten the attack order in place. What attacks do we use?

Focus all attacks on your first target, which in this case is either Dooku or Sidious. I chose Dooku Because I am running 3 Jedi`s on my team and his stun with 90% chance to hit is too high for me. I take him out first then I go for Sidious. Luckily for me I have Qui-Gon Jinn and his Harmonious Assault is what is going to help me to get down Dooku. Then i use my other abilites on Sidious. 8/10 thats good enough to take him out depending if my force blast on Luminara hits or not.

After this comes one of the most important parts which is SO VITAL for this tutorial.
When you have burnt your cooldowns. we go into a process where we basically dont use any abilites just basic attacks. I cant stress this enough it is so important for every battle to have reset your cooldowns. This is the make or break moment. When i got in to the ryhtm of always reseting my cooldowns that was when I started completing Galactic wars on a daily basis. To be able to take out an enemy in your first turn is vital.

Endgame: The last battle you want to just blast all your abilitys. Use then when you have a chance.

Different scenarios:
1. You are not able to kill off one charachter in your first turn. Restart( By first turn I mean when your entire squad has had his/her turn).
2. You are soon to complete the battle but your entire team is low and no where near healing. RESTART( You do not want to start a new battle when one person is low).
3. But HaM everyone I face keeps one hitting me. restart( Belive it or not there is always one way to keep your entire squad alive and above red health, just keep restarting till you find the way)
4. RESTART if something went wrong. I cant stress this enough if you are not happy with the result do not end the battle, restart. It is ok restarting, I do it all the time.

Remember dont give up there is 99,9999% chance that there is one way to complete it. You just have to put in the time.

Please comment if there was something i forgot. Or if you have any questions.

Replies

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Can u tell me how to complete GW when I face 10-12 teams of level 70 maxed geared toons which includes certain heroes that can one shot and kill 2-3 members of my squad before I do the first move?
  • Reyia wrote: »
    Can u tell me how to complete GW when I face 10-12 teams of level 70 maxed geared toons which includes certain heroes that can one shot and kill 2-3 members of my squad before I do the first move?
    I must be honest and say that is pretty much as unlucky as you can be. That one is tricky, since speed is the current meta. I usually out speed my opponent with QGJ as leader. I am asuming the heroes one shotting you are, rey, GS and FOTP?

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    HAM wrote: »
    Reyia wrote: »
    I must be honest and say that is pretty much as unlucky as you can be. That one is tricky, since speed is the current meta. I usually out speed my opponent with QGJ as leader. I am asuming the heroes one shotting you are, rey, GS and FOTP?

Yes the one shot heroes are those three and Leia.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    @HAM good write up. I hope you keep facing teams like that for you last. That is what I normally face on 2 or 3rd node. Take all to 7* and purple gear and level 70 and that is what I am seeing starting about half way thru. Once you realize it is all scripted changing one attack or moving a higher heath player to spot a keeps hitting helps along with the 3 character suicide squad.
  • HAM wrote: »
    3. But HaM everyone I face keeps one hitting me. restart( Belive it or not there is always one way to keep your entire squad alive and above red health, just keep restarting till you find the way)
    4. RESTART if something went wrong. I cant stress this enough if you are not happy with the result do not end the battle, restart. It is ok restarting, I do it all the time.
    As much as we all know it depends on sheer luck, I have to say you speak the truth here.
    My GW run of today was oddly enough saved by Luke. Level 53, gear 7, 4*. And I was fighting full 70/7* teams. Unbelievable, literally.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride

Remember dont give up there is 99,9999% chance that there is one way to complete it. You just have to put in the time.

And that is why I LOATHE the recent changes to GW. It is a developer test to see how much monotonous bull shizer you will go through in restarts until you get the pre-determined mix of moves that doesn't leave your team obliterated. Like most, I firmly believe this game was better several months ago before the bean counters took over this game at CG/EA.
  • I have two accounts. One has five 7*, lvl 70 tier 9 toons. In GW this account rarely faces lvl 70 squads and completes the GW every day. My other account has one character live above. This account runs into a full 70 squad by the third battle every day and the next battle will almost always be full 70 s too. It's rare I get past the fifth battle.

Why is this happening?

lol.

this right here.

disagree, there is a definite finite amount of possibility...and there are lots of times that equates to a loss no matter what.

After you get through 5 or 6 straight 6* level 68plus teams chances are you are down toons...gonna happen...so by time you get to node 9 or 10, if you are lucky you have a 5 guys who can still actually do something.....

so those 5 guys, there are "x" amount of positional lineups, and out of each lineups there are theoretically 5 possible targets to go at first.

some simple graphing will show the only possiblities based on the numbers available..so there are times when there is a zero percent chance of moving on.
  • CMonsterGTO
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    This is why I fail at GW. It's broken.

Screenshot_2016-03-11-03-34-02_zpsy3nazhtb.png

Screenshot_2016-02-23-02-48-48_zpsnesimo2l.png

[Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
    Post edited by Afista on

When I see a lvl 70 team with big attackers, I sent in the bottom of my characters. This gets the team to burn their abilities on my scrubs and then I send in the A team and wipe them up. Especially when facing Poggle The Lesser, get him to use his damage enhance ability on your weaker characters and then he can't use it on your A team.

Also you can send in weaker teams to try to knock out one character in order to give your A team an advantage.

• I have try some of what was mentioned before, but the gw is not following the rules of the characters. I just watched Luminara hit me with force blasts every other turn - how do you get that cool down at 70 7*?
  • I hope some players find it useful. But this is what you have to look forward to at level 70. Every day:

2016-03-08%2002.56.12.png?raw=1
    2016-03-09%2000.42.17.png?raw=1
    2016-03-09%2001.25.05.png?raw=1
    2016-03-09%2001.28.44.png?raw=1
    2016-03-09%2001.36.02.png?raw=1
    2016-03-09%2001.42.39.png?raw=1

Good luck with that.
  • It's a fine strategy, but it simply doesn't work all of the time. And even if it did, I don't want to spend 3 or more hours retreating just to complete a game mode. The rewards are good, but they aren't that good.
  • Flanker66 wrote: »
    Reyia wrote: »

When I see a lvl 70 team with big attackers, I sent in the bottom of my characters. This gets the team to burn their abilities on my scrubs and then I send in the A team and wipe them up. Especially when facing Poggle The Lesser, get him to use his damage enhance ability on your weaker characters and then he can't use it on your A team.

Also you can send in weaker teams to try to knock out one character in order to give your A team an advantage.

I do the same!!! And I can beat GW every day... Same days are difficult other not. My higher time playing GW was 1 hour. Trying the right team to use.

In my node 2 a start to face 7* characters.
  • Crazy idea, but maybe don't race tof lvl 65+. Spend time and point to building multiple characters to 60 or so. I mean what are the real benefits of slaving to get 5-6 characters to 70? Unlocking Yoda? Plz! Everyone plagues the same characters and misses out on the fun of using Greedo, Biggs, Lando, IG88..I don't know. Just a thought
  • Thx for the guide! Here is my epic fail run from this morning :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwiPu_27-wY
    Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes videos www.youtube.com/channel/UCOw9nd02oL1rIc66U_e4eyw
  • I hope some players find it useful. But this is what you have to look forward to at level 70. Every day:

2016-03-08%2002.56.12.png?raw=1
    2016-03-09%2000.42.17.png?raw=1
    2016-03-09%2001.25.05.png?raw=1
    2016-03-09%2001.28.44.png?raw=1
    2016-03-09%2001.36.02.png?raw=1
    2016-03-09%2001.42.39.png?raw=1

Good luck with that.

I'm a level 67 and yes I send in a suicide squad when facing a level 70 squad to get the specials out of the way. To not see what he posted above I save my lowest characters I have no need for into the last battle when reached as another suicide squad during the next go round I start off facing lvl 49 to 55 instead of 60 to 65 lvl squads, it works for me I've been 28-1 this last month on the GWs
  • Ya GW is so not fun anymore. I don't want to have to blow suicide squads in order to have the enemy burn their abilities and all that noise!

I just want to complete it fairly easily each day for my daily allotment of those green/blue/purple things.

I no longer do GW daily....I just log on for the days when the enhancement missions are unlocked on their days each week. :(
  • I have only played a few weeks using a new account. I am not f2p and have been very strategic this time around. I am typically in the top 10 and have been #1 in shard. My Char level is 54, and I regularly encounter a GW team of all L70, 7* by the 7th node or later. Even being very strategic, I can not beat that team and progress. It appears to be a team I see in the arena, but I am not completely certain. The top 20 in my arena shard are nearly all level 54-58 18,000 power, with the exception of two accounts of all L70 7* ~30,000 power. It doesn't make sense to me in terms of pvp balance, and it completely takes the fun out of GW.
  • Sometimes it's always best to hit on a character that has the least hit points. One toon down is always an advantage however you look at it.

Leader: Qui-Gon Jinn: 4*, lvl 63( gear lvl 8) pwr. 4097
    Darth sidious: 7* lvl 64(gear lvl 8) pwr. 4953
    Luminara Unduli: 7* lvl 62( gear lvl 7) pwr.4717
    Jedi Consular: 6* lvl 62( gear lvl 8) pwr. 4584
    Greedo: 4* lvl 64( gear lvl 9) pwr. 4295

This is my main team but I have other characters if I need them or the situation fits.
    A few of them are:

Count Dooku: 4* lvl 62( gear lvl 7) pwr. 3364
    Captain Phasma: 4* lvl 62( gear lvl 7) pwr. 3142
    Poe Dameron: 3* lvl 62( gear lvl 6) pwr. 2556
    Eeth Koth: 4* lvl 63( gear lvl 6) pwr. 3116

So now that we have that out of the way lets talk strategy:

First we want to plan our attack, this should be who to target first, second, third and so on.
    In the image you can see that he is running Phasma, Count dooku, Darth Sidious, Luminara and Jedi Consular. http://imgur.com/fgtrzfE

This is a standard issue team and is pretty normal in Galactic war, nothing we havent see before. So who should we attack first, you may ask? Well there is basically two options here, either Darth Sidious or Count Dooku. Darth sidious has the healing immunity but Count has that stun which can be brutal. In this battle Dooku is the imporant one to get down right away. Then we go for sidious and save Jedi Consular for last, as he is not a heavy hitter. If you choose to go for sidious first I would then go for Luminara right after. Always remember you want to keep your team as high hp as possible.
    After Dooku is down go for the hardest attacker, which in this case is Sidious. Kill him after that choose between Phasma or Luminara. We whant to save Jedi Consular for last. While killing off Phasma and Luminara you want to heal depending on how many of your players are dam aged. I personally would go for Jedi Consular heal if I am not struggling but if I am I go for Luminaras heal.

So now that we have gotten the attack order in place. What attacks do we use?

Focus all attacks on your first target, which in this case is either Dooku or Sidious. I chose Dooku Because I am running 3 Jedi`s on my team and his stun with 90% chance to hit is too high for me. I take him out first then I go for Sidious. Luckily for me I have Qui-Gon Jinn and his Harmonious Assault is what is going to help me to get down Dooku. Then i use my other abilites on Sidious. 8/10 thats good enough to take him out depending if my force blast on Luminara hits or not.

After this comes one of the most important parts which is SO VITAL for this tutorial.
    When you have burnt your cooldowns. we go into a process where we basically dont use any abilites just basic attacks. I cant stress this enough it is so important for every battle to have reset your cooldowns. This is the make or break moment. When i got in to the ryhtm of always reseting my cooldowns that was when I started completing Galactic wars on a daily basis. To be able to take out an enemy in your first turn is vital.

Endgame: The last battle you want to just blast all your abilitys. Use then when you have a chance.

Different scenarios:
    1. You are not able to kill off one charachter in your first turn. Restart( By first turn I mean when your entire squad has had his/her turn).
    2. You are soon to complete the battle but your entire team is low and no where near healing. RESTART( You do not want to start a new battle when one person is low).

I tend to go after Sidious first, before he gets the chance to block my characters from getting their healing.
  • Xvim
    14 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    EasyRight wrote: »
    Crazy idea, but maybe don't race tof lvl 65+. Spend time and point to building multiple characters to 60 or so. I mean what are the real benefits of slaving to get 5-6 characters to 70? Unlocking Yoda? Plz! Everyone plagues the same characters and misses out on the fun of using Greedo, Biggs, Lando, IG88..I don't know. Just a thought

I am not sure this is viable considering the only way to build up characters is to:
    a) do missions that give XP and, in turn, level you up
    b) dump an absurd amount of cash into crystals

As to the original post, I am having a hard time believing you can regularly kill an enemy in one round. I have tried about 30 toon combos, different arrangements, skills, and I get dodge, deflect, miss, resist, and forced taunted to other characters. Meanwhile, my characters are getting killed left and right and I am only on node 4. I am seeing a lot of draws similar to what others have posted above. I am more interested in the match making system this game is using.
  • With the protection bat it makes it impossible to defeat 1 character in a round unless the opponent is extremely outmatched, which almost never happens.
  • This new update kicked in more time for me to finish ( that's what she said no rephrase that's what she wants! :smiley: ) now to be serious, it takes 30 min for me to finish GW before but now it takes more than an hour it's FRUSTRATING!
  • The trick is to use a bunch of low level 30 toons as cannon fodders when you get through half way to absorb and use up the enemy's special attacks.
  • Simple solution...keep arena power lower than GW squad by about 2-3K. For me, its an either/or situation. You either excel at Arena or GW. To do both takes a super deep and powerful roster. GW is rather easy for me and I follow several of the tips stated.

1. Always be full cooldown for the next match. Always heal before next match. And save JC...I get to heal with two enemies left, use Sid for a heal block on JC, finish off the 2nd to last toon, do some damage on JC, he will try to heal, finish him off. JC can heal by second try next match.
    2. At least two healers
    3. RNG...I don't always have to do it but I try not to lose anyone before node 10
  • For what it's worth GW is pretty much designed for level 70 players and above. Additionally, your main team should be at the same level as your user level. If you are at level 72 then you will see level 72 and even 73 squads in GW. If you don't have one full team of level 70+ or better, gear 8 or better with a medium ability load out you will fail each day. That's the sad truth to this entire game, the game should be progressing you up but so many things are forgotten or left out of the natural game play. I'm a prime example, I was stuck in the bad habit of just working towards unlocking characters that I completely missed that I needed to work on gear levels and abilities, or I did it so haphazardly that it was just too random to make a difference.

Personally my first win came relatively late in my gaming experience, but it just barely happened. Most in part and thanks to the Yoda event I was forced to upgrade my character base team and ended up with the remainder of my old squad as a B team. By the time the 3rd Yoda event came I had two full teams for GW an all jedi team of 7* level 70 gear 8 and a second team of level 60s - 70 gear 7 varied in 5* to 7*. As you progress through the game unlock the easiest toughest characters like Geonosian Soldier and Royal Guard. They unlock pretty easily and as you are farming you can usually get them to a decent star level in about a month. I know a month sounds like a lot but games like this are catered to those who pay and those of us that don't want to pay, or pay a little just have to work for it.

After I adopted a more sound strategy of ordering my teams to counter tougher teams, retreating when a move went bad, and sending in an expendable squad to level the playing field I've since won every day. It is true that RNG plays a large role in this game, and once your protection is gone, tougher teams can seem even tougher. It just takes a calm approach and don't be afraid to retreat from a bad scenario and rearrange your team. Switching the leader can some times make the difference between a win and a loss depending on the meta.

I run 2 healers on my main squad and I end up completing node 12 with the exact same squad. I sub out for my squad b and even c some days but the fact remains that GW still remains about the same difficulty. Those teams with Rey and GS, and the millions of teams with Dooku and Sidious are super annoying but they are beatable every single day. Ultimately it shouldn't matter what team you run, it should be possible to win under every variation with the proper amount of strategy, upgrades, and a little bit of luck. When all else fails send a lesser team in to die, hopefully picking off some protection or health points.