The top eighty and matchup balance, meta vs non-meta.

I am a long time player. Unfortunately, I missed the meta and am F2P. I don't mind this except when it comes to balance in matchmaking. I do not have any teams that will beat JKR. In GAC, Squad arena, TW, it does not matter. If it is present, I am going to lose. That doesn't mean I don't try. If my opponent places on front, I can not get past it. How is it balanced if I can throw my entire roster at one team and not even make a dent? My opponent responded to chat and was nice. They just played the match they were given. Overall, the matchmaking has been very close and competitive, but this lineup seems really unfair. (In my head I sound like I am whining) I am a good loser. It teaches me how to be a better player. The only reason I am saying anything about it here is that the devs said matchmaking was meant to be balanced in a way that people can win or lose 50% of the time. That is wonderful. In this case, I had a 50% chance of my opponent placing on defense or using on offense. This has nothing to do with strategy on my part, rng, etc. My roster is unable to compete. So why was I matched with this person. Gp makes no difference. My Ugnaught, Cup, tuskens, mods, etc will not make me able to beat JKR period. Saving my best teams for offense, makes no difference, I cannot and have not been able to defeat a JKR team ever. I can not be the only player in all of SWGOH that is having this issue. Thanks for your time and making it this far in my rant. Please fix this minor hiccup in matchmaking.

Replies

• I'll be damned if they didn't put me up against another opponent that not only has fully developed JKR, but a full DR team with g11 zeta Malak. I do not have DR or Malak, not even close due to the abysmal drop rates on the OR team. ****? Tell me how I have even a small chance of beating these teams without the metas. My Padme and JKR are g8...This is not F'ing balanced.
  • lol, hooray. I am pleased to say I beat my first JKR in GAC. (6 tries, but still)
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    CG said in the previous Q/A they are not considering folding meta power into gp in the short term. Even if they did, you'd still get matched with such meta teams you don't have, they'd just be weighted more. The other way which you seem to be asking for is to get matched with same roster as yours which is not even possible or would yield a %50-%50 chance due to other types of differences.

JKR though? Check youtube to see how many counters exist. And anyone that's somewhat competetive already has him. About %45 of the accounts on swgoh.gg has jkr.

Soon there'll be a new meta in town and all the -have not-s of the forum will be crying it's not beatable. (I have no crystal pile, so I'm likely to be a have not). There's very much intended advantage to having the latest best team across the game.
  • Sarbitar wrote: »
    You can easily make a GG sep droid team that beats jkr on auto.

You can make GG nuke squad that easily beats malak relic7.

Just use google and search for those teams.

Padme team also beats jkr and malak.

Shak, clones and jka are also very effective. They are all f2p.

No to Padme. My G13 (relic 3-5) Padme team has to get very lucky to beat a 6-star Malak team. JKR...no problem. But Malak is just too OP.
  • My GP is 3.6M why am I up against 4M GP rosters constantly. Im div 3 not div 2.
    According to what CG put out in game -GP range for div 3.1 to 3.7M GP -this should not be the case.
    Where are my round rewards for this bug.

This is why Im not paying to support your content anymore. So you can keep increasing the paywalls and put out the same repackaged content for the same 5% whales all you.