Player harassment

Replies

• Waqui wrote: »
    Tiig wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tiig wrote: »
    Report him, what’s the worst that could happen?

Wasting CG's time.

😂😂😂
    Oh wait.... you’re serious. That’s just sad.

Silly reports like those will do nothing but delay the reviewing of actual cheating. Apparently, for some reason you need to have someone explain simple stuff like this to you to help you understand. You're welcome.

The best thing we could possibly do at this point seemingly is waste their time. Maybe it will delay sum of the stuff they've been rolling out 🤣
  • RussianSKS wrote: »
    Nothing you can do about it really. Sometimes it is to your benefit to defeat the troublesome player's fleet/squad and then spend the crystals to immediately refresh your wait timer and jump into battle again to try to put some distance between the two of you. Otherwise you spend all your battles just trading places back-and-forth and nobody gets anywhere. You could also try attacking somebody else instead as a peace offering, but that doesn't sound like an option for you.

Believe it or not ... I tried that. For about a month I purposely chose whomever was 'next' rank wise to leave him alone, but last week he was in the 19th spot and I wanted in the top 20, so I attacked. Immediately got a PM. I mean really. HAS to be a kid, right?

I believe you. It's somebody who has too much time on their hands for sure if they are monitoring their rank that closely all day long. If you can climb your way into the top 10 or better, maybe you should try the battle refresh tactic. If you can outrun him, it might be worth the crystals for a better payout.

There is a premium discord bot that will tell you within 2 minutes of your arena rank dropping.
  • Also, I don’t think most people grasp how many people aren’t on the forums or Reddit. Those places are the minority. I think it’s one of the biggest reasons there is a disconnect between devs and people here. Those outside of the forums make up the majority of the player base but play the game very differently than those who spend time here.
  • I would try 2 things:
    Be such a pain the shard brings you in as a truce
    Pay attention who’s in first at different PO times and try to find them on discord and ask nicely about the shard chat, this guy likely is not the gatekeeper
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Attackoftherevans
    158 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Funny enough I had the same thing happen except the **** actually in game chatter me
    I said the same thing the op did and promptly reported him in game and he got banned in 2 days. The best part about it is he looked to have spent a ton of cash too.
    Ppl need to realize not everyone is going to cater to them bc of payout times
    It's a game
    Get over it
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • RussianSKS wrote: »
    No ... I very rarely read the forums. This is a game, not a lifestyle for me. I don't spend every waking moment reading up on ... I'm an adult with more important things to do. And for several months I DID have one f the strongest fleets, constantly in top 5

Yet, here you are, "adult."
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Jubai wrote: »
    Report this ****, I call this " scum placing " and CG really should look at a way to punish people who collude with each other to secure a payout as it takes away the whole aspect of arena.

People in my shard do it and send me direct messages ingame, I just ignore them.
    It's not collusion, it's communication. People in the chats automatically climb through the people they can't talk to because they have no trust they won't hit them.

The idea that shard chats are mafias is mainly pure fancy. There are a few people in every chat that would prefer they were more like the mafia. There are chats that don't have space for anyone else they've taken in so many people. And there are a very few purported chats that are ruthless (though this is only hearsay).

Really a shard chat isn't them reserving top spots for themselves and banning all outsiders. It's about not hitting people in their payout when it isn't also their own payout.

No, people that call shard chats collusion are people that don't want to communicate with their enemies. In any other type of ongoing competition people research their enemies and probably even communicate with them quite a bit. Where is the communication in arena in SWGOH?

There isn't any. The lack of communication between shardmates is SWGOH's design flaw. They failed to provide something that EVERY real life competitive arena has: communication. What do shard chats provide? ...Communication.

You don't like to communicate, fine, but come down off your high horse and realize that you're really only talking about your preference here (not to communicate), not morals, because communication is not immoral, it's strategic and logical and **** to not have been included to begin with.

• Woodroward wrote: »
    Report this ****, I call this " scum placing " and CG really should look at a way to punish people who collude with each other to secure a payout as it takes away the whole aspect of arena.

People in my shard do it and send me direct messages ingame, I just ignore them.
    It's not collusion, it's communication. People in the chats automatically climb through the people they can't talk to because they have no trust they won't hit them.

The idea that shard chats are mafias is mainly pure fancy. There are a few people in every chat that would prefer they were more like the mafia. There are chats that don't have space for anyone else they've taken in so many people. And there are a very few purported chats that are ruthless (though this is only hearsay).

Really a shard chat isn't them reserving top spots for themselves and banning all outsiders. It's about not hitting people in their payout when it isn't also their own payout.

No, people that call shard chats collusion are people that don't want to communicate with their enemies. In any other type of ongoing competition people research their enemies and probably even communicate with them quite a bit. Where is the communication in arena in SWGOH?

There isn't any. The lack of communication between shardmates is SWGOH's design flaw. They failed to provide something that EVERY real life competitive arena has: communication. What do shard chats provide? ...Communication.

You don't like to communicate, fine, but come down off your high horse and realize that you're really only talking about your preference here (not to communicate), not morals, because communication is not immoral, it's strategic and logical and **** to not have been included to begin with.

This ^
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    haven't read any of the comments, but if someone is harrassing you by calling names etc because you attacked him/her ingame you can definetely report him, even if it's on discord.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Join the shardchat and spread peace.
  • Join the shardchat and spread peace.

Join the empire and help bring peace and safety to the galaxy ;)

You won't hit each other in a game that is built around hitting each other. Do you really know what collusion is?

(italics are my emphasis)
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »

You won't hit each other in a game that is built around hitting each other. Do you really know what collusion is?

Won't hit each other at a time that only costs players crystals, which helps no one but CG.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Maybe a noob question, but I only started on the forums and this game (restarted) this past June...
    But what is a shard chat?
  • The fact you waited this long to know what a shard chat is baffles me. Like do you read the forums?

Most people in this game are in shard chats. If you waited 3-4 years to get in one they likely are “full” and you missed your chance.

Only when people start quitting because of things CG doesn’t fix where there may be some room in one.

This seems like a really silly way to handle a shard chat. Theirs room for everyone unless you're scared of the guy you don't want to let in. With 24 payout windows theirs really no reason to block a competitive player from a shard chat. Btw 2+ years in top 5 in fleet everyday and I'm almost positive we don't have a fleet chat at all
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019

collusion is organization. Automatically isn't organization. They are hitting the people that refuse to talk to them. These people are asking to be hit by refusing to communicate. It is based on the actions of the person being hit, not organization of those who can talk. That is not collusion in any sense of the word.

It isn't the chat requesting those guys be hit. It is those guys asking to be hit by not joining the chat. I don't know you, I can't trust you. I'm not leaving you in a position to hurt me.

And the part you quoted isn't saying we don't hit each other. It's saying we auto hit those people we can't trust because we don't know they won't hit us at a time where there is absolutely no gain in it for them.

This game is about strategy and making the right choice. Pointless FFA where everyone hits everyone at all hours of the day is NOT in the design.

No I know very well what collusion is, but those who tie it to shard chats have no idea what it is or no idea how shard chats actually work.

• TVF wrote: »

Won't hit each other at a time that only costs players crystals, which helps no one but CG.

OP has clearly stated he was the one climbing and the person sending him messages has a later payout. If shard chats are so beneficial to the game, maybe CG should have an in-game chart and people can sign up for their pay out. First 24 get the rewards and anyone else can get bent. No need to actually play arena anymore, just sign up and get your rewards in perpetuity.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    TVF wrote: »

OP has clearly stated he was the one climbing and the person sending him messages has a later payout. If shard chats are so beneficial to the game, maybe CG should have an in-game chart and people can sign up for their pay out. First 24 get the rewards and anyone else can get bent. No need to actually play arena anymore, just sign up and get your rewards in perpetuity.

They should add an auto chat for arenas. That last sentence is your delusion though, not anything actually tied to shard chats.

They should add an auto chat for arenas. That last sentence is your delusion though, not anything actually tied to shard chats.

Join shard chat early on = better rewards + time = stronger teams for those in shard chat + hit anyone who isn't in shard chat = perpetually better rewards
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019

Join shard chat early on = better rewards + time = stronger teams for those in shard chat + hit anyone who isn't in shard chat = perpetually better rewards

It's not about when you join the chat it's about talking to the others, so yeah, not actually a thing tied to shard chat organization and hieararchy. It's about communication, nothing more, nothing less.

In what venue do you do better by not communicating? None. Not unless you're scamming people.
  • Can't say what you guys are doing in your chats, but the two I am in we don't gang up on people because of some mafia reasons.
    We are actually really nice people who invite everyone who reaches the top (if we can get a hold of them, swgoh.gg profile helps a lot).
    Why?
    Because we all want crystals, and the real competition is happening in GAC!

It's not about when you join the chat it's about talking to the others, so yeah, not actually a thing tied to shard chat organization and hieararchy. It's about communication, nothing more, nothing less.

In what venue do you do better by not communicating? None. Not unless you're scamming people.

Take OP for example, he didn't even know shard chats existed. He was just playing a mobile game and probably enjoying it more before he knew they existed.

You take it for granted that everyone reads forums or is on discord or reddit. Or is even old enough to access chat. Plenty of players just play the game. Free for all hit anyone who is above you and prove your team is the actual design of arena. Having to go to an outside app to get around that shows how much shard chats are not part of CG's design for the game mode.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

I was responding to your comment, not OP's.

Shard chats are a benefit to most (not all) players that use them. They are a detriment to CG, as I stated, but they have no way to stop people from using them.
  • Citadel_of_Ricks
    229 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Shard chats are a benefit to most (not all) players that use them.

Clearly they are also a detriment to those who don't.

(emphasis is mine)
  • How can this be an issue for a self-proclaimed "adult". Just ignore/block/mute him and move on, FFS.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Shard chats are a benefit to most (not all) players that use them.

Clearly they are also a detriment to those who don't.

(emphasis is mine)

Ok. That was not the point. Re-read the original statement you responded to, your reply, and then my reply.

Take OP for example, he didn't even know shard chats existed. He was just playing a mobile game and probably enjoying it more before he knew they existed.

You take it for granted that everyone reads forums or is on discord or reddit. Or is even old enough to access chat. Plenty of players just play the game. Free for all hit anyone who is above you and prove your team is the actual design of arena. Having to go to an outside app to get around that shows how much shard chats are not part of CG's design for the game mode.
    I'm not taking anything for granted. Some people don't ever know about shard chats, true. That has nothing to do with anything I said. I said shard chats were about communication so people attack methodically instead of erratically. It is not about collusion, it's about not wasting fights fighting people who are going to hit you back because it's their payout hour and instead hitting the guy who you know is just past and it doesn't matter.

It's not collusion it's communication and consideration. The design of arena is foolish because it has no communication built in.

Shard chats do actually lead to CG giving out more crystals in arena than otherwise, but I also bet there are hundreds of people playing this game who are only still doing so because of the guys in their shard chat. I know that's one of the only reasons I still play. I like those guys.