EA support/lack of actual support-Nero fiddles as Rome burns etc etc

Prev1
Damodamo
1574 posts Member
edited October 2019
Yep, I’m being that person.. any idea of if any of the devs will actually do anything after being advised to post on here after support say they won’t help??
Post edited by Damodamo on

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Yeah, this is more like a therapy group.
  • That’s what I thought, just wondering if any of the thousands of people posting the same question actually got any help.

Basically unlocked a toon, game crashed, on restart toon unlocked and shard count reset back to almost nothing. Not usually one to go beserk and break out the pitch forks or anything but it was the negotiator so I’m probably entitled to be a little bit kittened right now.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Damodamo wrote: »
    That’s what I thought, just wondering if any of the thousands of people posting the same question actually got any help.

Basically unlocked a toon, game crashed, on restart toon unlocked and shard count reset back to almost nothing. Not usually one to go beserk and break out the pitch forks or anything but it was the negotiator so I’m probably entitled to be a little bit kittened right now.

I would be upset. Maybe messaging Crumb can help.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    what toon? how did you get the shards? you are saying you unlocked but had extra shards left over too?

please don't be a malak thread lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • @Gifafi the negotiator, I unlocked, crashed, restarted, lost progress and lost unlock. Not a malak thread :)

@CCyrilS yeah I’ve done that, but @CG_SBCrumb hasn’t been online in 3 days or so :/ I also copied @CG_TopHat as well just for kittens and giggles
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    @Gifafi the negotiator, I unlocked, crashed, restarted, lost progress and lost unlock. Not a malak thread :)

@CCyrilS yeah I’ve done that, but @CG_SBCrumb hasn’t been online in 3 days or so :/ I also copied @CG_TopHat as well just for kittens and giggles

I see. Well I know they have a lot going on, hopefully they get around to it. Good luck.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    idk. good luck
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I don't understand. Neg is unlocked after obtaining currency and buying blueprints. You can only buy so many at a time. Are you saying you got enough blueprints to unlock (145) and after the crash you lost both the ship and the blueprints?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @TVF no not all in one go, I bought the last 15 today, so went from 130 to 145, then went to activate. Then the game crashed, on restart, there were only 25 shards out of 145 on my account. Support have acknowledged that my account has purchased negotiator shards, but won’t look back past the start of October to verify how many I had purchased.

I realise it’s an exercise in futility trying to get them to do anything and that the advice to come here is a joke, I’m more frustrated than angry or anything. Just kind of resigned to having to redo a few months worth of grinding over again.
  • @JacenRoe it was an unsettling experience which I’d rather not repeat :/
  • Only one measure works well - uninstalling the game
  • Interesting I've been buying negotiator with my get2 I dont know how many shards I had at my most but I'm back to 5/145 now, curious if others were reset, negotiator isnt something I look at daily...
  • Sounds like a good thing I didn’t buy any. Possible bug?
  • @BobcatSkywalker your not going to get anywhere mate, it’s all just a case of tough luck from what support have said
  • Well, in all my life I’ve never seen such bad technical support from any company. Had several issues. None was solved. So, I am sorry, OP. Most probably, you won’t get any help.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Ha, so lose negotiator and spend over 6 hours on calls/hold, speak to multiple people and eventually are told that sorry we can’t help you, but for your 4 months worth of effort, here’s 100 crystals.

Apparently going the route of speaking to a supervisor takes them to an expert on the game and they have refused to look into it.

Cheers customer service dudes and dudette..

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Unfortunately the only people that can help you are the CS reps at EA Help.

I suggest you open a ticket, and then message CG_SBCrumb with the open ticket number and ally code to see if he can help.
  • @Kyno thanks for that, I messaged @CG_SBCrumb yesterday before the third phone call I had from customer support, two more today and they have said they are closing the ticket and are unable to help as they can’t issue replacement shards due to instructions from management. But here’s a 100 crystals.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno thanks for that, I messaged CG_SBCrumb yesterday before the third phone call I had from customer support, two more today and they have said they are closing the ticket and are unable to help as they can’t issue replacement shards due to instructions from management. But here’s a 100 crystals.

You will need to use a different method than a phone call to open a support ticket for this to help.

Try email, if that is an option.

CG_SBCrumb will need an open ticket number of he can help.
  • The recommended option for the uk was a phone call from customer service. They have stated that they can’t help as management have said they aren’t allowed to do that and that they can’t see transactions older than last week/aren’t willing to look into it. My options basically as informed by customer service is to either file a bug report or deal with it and move on.

As there are numerous bugs etc floating around That have never been dealt with, I doubt I’ll get any help. I’ll just suck it up and move on I guess. Till it happens to someone else and then I’ll moan again.
  • 3720:1 is the correct answer.
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    The recommended option for the uk was a phone call from customer service. They have stated that they can’t help as management have said they aren’t allowed to do that and that they can’t see transactions older than last week/aren’t willing to look into it. My options basically as informed by customer service is to either file a bug report or deal with it and move on.

As there are numerous bugs etc floating around That have never been dealt with, I doubt I’ll get any help. I’ll just suck it up and move on I guess. Till it happens to someone else and then I’ll moan again.

Did you file a complaint on the EA website?
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en
    If not, give it a try.
  • @Chucko_marek i have three emails from three different customer service people telling me that they can’t help me any further with this, basically I’m boned, so I just need to start the grind again... or don’t bother and wait for malevolence instead.
  • Was this after the last update they released?Did you download the last update?
    @Chucko_marek i have three emails from three different customer service people telling me that they can’t help me any further with this, basically I’m boned, so I just need to start the grind again... or don’t bother and wait for malevolence instead.

I'd wait for Malevolence then, just my .02...
    But it isn't fun to be in your position.
  • @HWHound yes, it was yesterday (Tuesday)

@Chucko_marek im kind of leaning in that direction now tbh..then I’m also leaning towards opening a new ticket everyday untlil I get someone who is reasonable
    @HWHound yes, it was yesterday (Tuesday)

@Chucko_marek im kind of leaning in that direction now tbh..then I’m also leaning towards opening a new ticket everyday untlil I get someone who is reasonable

Now someone likes to introduce chaos... I like that. (trying for my best Heath Ledger Joker impression) lol, of course
This discussion has been closed.