Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• Nobody cares!!!

I am coming back to this thread because again I am faced with some nonsense unbeatable opponents, but just reading through the last few comments it dawned on me:

NOBODY CARES!

I made suggestions on how to improve matchmaking. I complained. I tried to play “smarter” and invest resources “wiser”. And the truth remains that matchmaking sucks! And guess what:

nobody cares...
  • Therion
    81 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Post edited by Therion on
  • Therion wrote: »
    Did anybody else get automatically entered into this coming GA without hitting a "Join" button? I just want to make sure it's normal and not some bug where I haven't technically joined because I never hit the button.
    @Therion the current GA phase is the signup for round 3 of the current championship. It started 55 mins ago.

If you are already joined, then you hit “join”. Period.
  • Therion
    81 posts Member
    edited October 2019
  • rickertron
    324 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Decay wrote: »
    Matchmaking is a joke -

I faced a opponent with 48 more GL13 than me - What is that ? those toons have anywhere from a 6 to 22 speed advantage to an equivalent GL12 - This is not fun nor fair - maybe your programmers should actually play and test their algorithms before pushing them out - This is worse than Tesla's AP SW and Summon - Such horrible code and algorithms for this matching.

I would be curious as to what division you are in? If this was happening to you in like divisions 11 through 3, that would probably indicate an issue with matchmaking, but if you are in division 1 or 2 that is the lay of the land of divisions that comprise the top tier of competitors, with division 1 being the equivalent of an open class with only but one restriction.
  • I would like to see Ships in the Grand Arena. I'm sure there are folks who hate ships, but Ships are a big part of the game and contribute a significant part of a player's GP. Without including at least one ship battle in Grand Arena, it penalizes players who focus on ships.

I'll give you an example: A few cycles ago, I tied my opponent. We both had the same score of 1549. However, to my dismay, my opponent was given the win because he had a lower overall GP. However, my higher GP was because of my strong fleet of ships. My GP for characters was much lower than my opponents! Needless to say I was upset.

As a player who focuses on ships, it seems strange that matchmaking, Division Placement, etc. is determined on Overall GP rather than Character GP considering that there are no longer any fleet battles.
  • Did anybody else have an issue with signing up for this week‘s round of GAC? It did not show up for me and I did not get a bye either.
  • Shouldn't GAC be delayed until the Malak rollback occurs and the dust settles? Seems a little unfair to the player base to have illegitimate Malak's running around in GAC, and it is unfair to those with said Malaks as well because their resources have been used on an invalid unit.

@CG_SBCrumb
  • GAC Cheating problem still exists, even if reported in game. Cheaters still active, even meet the same cheater twice. I wonder why spending time and money in this unfair competition
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat

I’m sick of losing GAC matchups because you refuse to fix the crashes in your game. This is the fourth time in the last month my game crashed mid fight and because of it I lose the only viable counter I have to DR/Malak. Because of that I lost my final round and lost top “rewards”.

Fix your game. This is beyond pathetic at this point. If I was as bad at my job as all you are, id have been unemployed a LONG time ago.
  • ImYourKnightBro
    26 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    issue fixed
  • Ammgart wrote: »
    I would like to see Ships in the Grand Arena. I'm sure there are folks who hate ships, but Ships are a big part of the game and contribute a significant part of a player's GP. Without including at least one ship battle in Grand Arena, it penalizes players who focus on ships.

I'll give you an example: A few cycles ago, I tied my opponent. We both had the same score of 1549. However, to my dismay, my opponent was given the win because he had a lower overall GP. However, my higher GP was because of my strong fleet of ships. My GP for characters was much lower than my opponents! Needless to say I was upset.

As a player who focuses on ships, it seems strange that matchmaking, Division Placement, etc. is determined on Overall GP rather than Character GP considering that there are no longer any fleet battles.

@Ammgart have you been living in a cave? GAC matchmaking is not based on overall Gp. It’s based on the GP of your top x toons.
  • Really hope you guys reconsider NOT adding ships to GAC.
    As someone who has invested heavily in ships, to my dismay, it has grown to hurt me when ship GP is considered.
    Please don't over-complicate the GAC algorithms right when I feel like you guys have it figured out!
    If you want to include ships, have it be in tandem, but not on the same map. Mixing fleets and squads is the fastest way to get me to quit GAC altogether.

Let ships die, kill them if you have to.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Vectorman wrote: »
    Really hope you guys reconsider NOT adding ships to GAC.
    As someone who has invested heavily in ships, to my dismay, it has grown to hurt me when ship GP is considered.
    Please don't over-complicate the GAC algorithms right when I feel like you guys have it figured out!
    If you want to include ships, have it be in tandem, but not on the same map. Mixing fleets and squads is the fastest way to get me to quit GAC altogether.

Let ships die, kill them if you have to.

Them moving away from ships is impossible. On the contrary with the recent news they are looking into pushing ships more and more.

Your take on ships hurting mm is a bit preemptive. Current mm up till now calculates on defense+attack zones. So ships should add 2 fleets worth of gp into it. Now that would be bad for you compared to someone that have mediocre fleets as it leaves more room for their top x toon gp to be better than yours. But if they fail on your fleet and you wipe theirs you get a huge advantage there.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Finally, we’re making a small change to the way the layout works. We’ve added a single ship zone to the Grand Arena maps to spice things up. With more people unlocking the Negotiator, and the Y-wing and Hyena bombers hitting the game, we can finally start to include more ship content into the Grand Arena so that you are not facing the same squadrons over and over. We have further plans along these lines for the next iteration of Grand Arena Championships, so don’t get too used to any particular Grand Arena set up. What we can say is that we have no plans to shift the maps within a single Championship. All four Grand Arenas will use the same maps, so you will have had plenty of opportunities to see what works and what doesn’t.

great so this means those who have unlocked Negotiator will auto beat one who doest have it, so they can easy put lesser teams on defence as they cant beat it. Great for the whales and the ones who are in higher guildes.

Time to stop the game for sure now

Think you even lose more players this month then last month with the Malik Fiasco you made.

Lets all just quitte the game and call it a day

Rofl! How's this any different than having/not having anything meta in between opponents? You either have it or have to counter it...and generally need to both have it and counter it at high gps.

Anyway there's a problem with this and that's related to schedules. When the next gac launches there still won't be a malovalence around. It'll probably be avaliable by the 3rd week of it. So people that can unlock nego, but have been waiting for malo are at a disadvantage.

• Hey, I'm a returning player; had been gone almost a year until 2 months ago.

I just want to say that as a near-f2p player, Grand Arena has been my favorite part of the game by far. It's nice to have some PVP with similar-GP players, unlike Squad / Fleet Arena systems that only seem to benefit a couple of people per shard, and keeps those lucky few in power through a stupidly large amount of crystals.

Heck my Fleet Arena shard is so stagnant I can't even get a single win; no one beats my team to lower my ranking, and I can't beat any of the active players, since I've been gone for the last while and didn't build up my fleet properly. I can't complete the Feats for Fleet Arena, and just forfeit a battle each day to complete my dailies.

Grand Arena, PVP against players my own size, has been far more exciting. Thanks for bringing it into the game.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    No1 cares about GAC

Disagree.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I love GAC best part of the game imo.
  • rickertron wrote: »
    I love GAC best part of the game imo.

Was
  • Would have been incredibly smart to change the verbiage from "Player lock in 20h blah blah blah" to "Join period ends in 20h blah blah blah" since the behavior is completely different.

While we're on the GAC topic, thanks but no thanks for swapping zetas (useful to all players) for fleet omegas, which at least 50% of div 1 players have stacked in the triple digits even with a couple new ship releases. You guys officially took away 98% of the incentive to do anything for GAC this next week. Besides the fact that fleets are a not terribly interesting component of it, and in general the rewards don't come close to being worth the effort, but at least with no fleets, 5 man squads, and a couple zetas in the air, it was some small amount of fun and reward.

In general though, the time investment and the significant gear and mod investment to field twice as many teams as TW, is not worth it, in the slightest, zetas were the only thing diving any activity, just like fleet before crystals.

Dingo
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Would have been incredibly smart to change the verbiage from "Player lock in 20h blah blah blah" to "Join period ends in 20h blah blah blah" since the behavior is completely different.

While we're on the GAC topic, thanks but no thanks for swapping zetas (useful to all players) for fleet omegas, which at least 50% of div 1 players have stacked in the triple digits even with a couple new ship releases. You guys officially took away 98% of the incentive to do anything for GAC this next week. Besides the fact that fleets are a not terribly interesting component of it, and in general the rewards don't come close to being worth the effort, but at least with no fleets, 5 man squads, and a couple zetas in the air, it was some small amount of fun and reward.

In general though, the time investment and the significant gear and mod investment to field twice as many teams as TW, is not worth it, in the slightest, zetas were the only thing diving any activity, just like fleet before crystals.

Dingo

Previous GA with ships had no zetas either. No change.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I'm in the same boat. If there's going to be a mod lock, then there should at least be a leave button so we can leave and re enter. I tried to call customer service and have them take me out on the back end, and they said they wouldn't. Considering this is pretty much one of the only things to look forward to in this game right now, I just got screwed for this GAC.
  • So I saw the announcement about GAC rewards and thought great, finally they are listening and making the rewards good again.

But no.

Shame CG you had a chance to put out some positive news........
  • alikssepia
    46 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Oh, seriously, you put the ships in the rear area? Punishing players who invested in ships, making it almost unreachable if your enemy deploys an overpowered meta team to the front?

Ships area should have been easily available to make the GA finally interesting to the fleet players. You create comfortable conditions only for players who don't care about ships.

What we most certainly will see during this GA is ships area being blocked out.
  • Is that supposed to be a reward? My motivation to spend a month in the GA just vanished like the Zetas.