Are u kidding me? Driven by NEW content?

Prev13
Soz58
108 posts Member
142fg5evhjf4.jpeg

Replies

  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you want a recap of 2019?
  • Options
    G13 relics is New Content
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    The game doesn't sell itself by doing nothing
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Yes you want a recap of 2019?
    Yes please, it won’t take long Geo TB, Relics, Gen Anakin... what did I miss?
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    Soz58 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Yes you want a recap of 2019?
    Yes please, it won’t take long Geo TB, Relics, Gen Anakin... what did I miss?
    Millenium Falcon
    Geo rework
    Clone Trooper Rework
    Sep rework
    Padme legendary
    DS TB
    Malak
    Darth Revan
    General Skywalker
    new toons and ships such as Shaak Ti, Brood Alpha
    Grand Arena Championships
    Mods 2.0 (including slicing, filtering, sorting)
    Relics
    QOL updates such as the UI for battles

    Depending on when that report starts, you can add Bastila Shan (Fallen), Carth Onasi, Canderous, Juhani and C3PO to the list

    I'm sure there are some more i'm missing since these were all from the top of my head
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Good quality list, how ,any in the past 6 months, nice to see you CG employees sticking together
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    Soz58 wrote: »
    Good quality list, how ,any in the past 6 months, nice to see you CG employees sticking together
    No problem, hidden CG employee that set this thread up just so we can brag about our achievements
  • Options
    Relics relics relics. Got to get those whales and krakens spending that money!
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Soz58 wrote: »
    Good quality list, how ,any in the past 6 months, nice to see you CG employees sticking together

    Ah looks like someones changing up their statement.

    Nice.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Soz58 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Yes you want a recap of 2019?
    Yes please, it won’t take long Geo TB, Relics, Gen Anakin... what did I miss?
    Millenium Falcon
    Geo rework
    Clone Trooper Rework
    Sep rework
    Padme legendary
    DS TB
    Malak
    Darth Revan
    General Skywalker
    new toons and ships such as Shaak Ti, Brood Alpha
    Grand Arena Championships
    Mods 2.0 (including slicing, filtering, sorting)
    Relics
    QOL updates such as the UI for battles

    Depending on when that report starts, you can add Bastila Shan (Fallen), Carth Onasi, Canderous, Juhani and C3PO to the list

    I'm sure there are some more i'm missing since these were all from the top of my head

    New replay-able events seem to be missing. Geo TB displaced Hoth and GAC just replaced GA. One off events are about as useful to include as something like Yoda or BB8 events. Oh wait those 2 have mythic so we can still play them from time to time. Wouldn’t that be nice. Too bad they didn’t figure that out. Still waiting like most for something new besides trash like relics or new gear.
  • Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Soz58 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Yes you want a recap of 2019?
    Yes please, it won’t take long Geo TB, Relics, Gen Anakin... what did I miss?
    Millenium Falcon
    Geo rework
    Clone Trooper Rework
    Sep rework
    Padme legendary
    DS TB
    Malak
    Darth Revan
    General Skywalker
    new toons and ships such as Shaak Ti, Brood Alpha
    Grand Arena Championships
    Mods 2.0 (including slicing, filtering, sorting)
    Relics
    QOL updates such as the UI for battles

    Depending on when that report starts, you can add Bastila Shan (Fallen), Carth Onasi, Canderous, Juhani and C3PO to the list

    I'm sure there are some more i'm missing since these were all from the top of my head

    New replay-able events seem to be missing. Geo TB displaced Hoth and GAC just replaced GA. One off events are about as useful to include as something like Yoda or BB8 events. Oh wait those 2 have mythic so we can still play them from time to time. Wouldn’t that be nice. Too bad they didn’t figure that out. Still waiting like most for something new besides trash like relics or new gear.

    Gear, relics, toons and ships is pretty much what we'll get. I honestly don't see any new game modes for this game at this stage.

    And that is sad. I think the last replay-able content might have been the scoundrel run for the mods and slicing materials. Too bad we can’t at least get more of those kinds of events. That would be a nice start anyway.
  • Options
    If it’s not new content, why do people keep spending money on it?

    Contrary to what some people want to believe, a lot of people actually like playing this game. As much as I don’t like the latest direction, I enjoy the game. They can’t even kick me out.
  • Options
    The only thing this game has got going for it is Star Wars. If all these type of games were some generic topic this game would have been stopped long ago.
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    The only thing this game has got going for it is Star Wars. If all these type of games were some generic topic this game would have been stopped long ago.
    psr5mygpn1ia.png

    And here I thought the Star Wars IP was working against the game's favor!
  • Options
    Characters and ships are in fact game content. Good luck playing the game without them.
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    New content for a game like this would be a Raid, TB, etc. Changing around some stats on a character don’t count, and neither does adding gear 14

    I mean, I agree with you that it’s not the content we want as players, or not what we want most anyways. But you also have to realize this is a briefing to investors. It is new content, and you can’t really expect them to go into detail about what type of content. Investors don’t necessarily play the game, they don’t care.
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    New content for a game like this would be a Raid, TB, etc. Changing around some stats on a character don’t count, and neither does adding gear 14

    I mean, I agree with you that it’s not the content we want as players, or not what we want most anyways. But you also have to realize this is a briefing to investors. It is new content, and you can’t really expect them to go into detail about what type of content. Investors don’t necessarily play the game, they don’t care.

    "Investors don't play the game, they don't care", haha. It seems devs don't either :unamused:
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Soz58 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Yes you want a recap of 2019?
    Yes please, it won’t take long Geo TB, Relics, Gen Anakin... what did I miss?
    Millenium Falcon
    Geo rework
    Clone Trooper Rework
    Sep rework
    Padme legendary
    DS TB
    Malak
    Darth Revan
    General Skywalker
    new toons and ships such as Shaak Ti, Brood Alpha
    Grand Arena Championships
    Mods 2.0 (including slicing, filtering, sorting)
    Relics
    QOL updates such as the UI for battles

    Depending on when that report starts, you can add Bastila Shan (Fallen), Carth Onasi, Canderous, Juhani and C3PO to the list

    I'm sure there are some more i'm missing since these were all from the top of my head

    You forgot the new packs, it is new content too !
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Soz58 wrote: »
    Good quality list, how ,any in the past 6 months, nice to see you CG employees sticking together

    Ah looks like someones changing up their statement.

    Nice.

    Typical forums:

    Step 1 - Post baseless rant
    Step 2 - Receive rational, well thought out and researched counter point
    Step 3 - Resort to personal attacks on anyone who disagree with Step 1...
    :D

    A few minor points:
    1) Yes, reworks with new abilities, new interactions so that a character/faction synergizes better with newly released toons/events and becomes more viable in several game modes does count as new content.
    2) Relics, which are different than gear or mods, and use an entirely different leveling mechanic including old gear and options on what "higher end" gear to use to push into the upper ranges of R5-R7 also counts as new content (and one I enjoy, actually).
    3) Two new TBs by the end of 2019 and GAC clearly count.
    4) Entirely new character mechanics (BA "summoning" another toon, Wat Tambor, General Skywaler and the "Advance" and "Cover", etc.) all added

    Sorry, there are many legitimate complaints about this game. "No new content in 2019!!!!" Is not one of them.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Not sure if “Skywaler” was intentional or not, but I chuckled
  • Options
    The Malak event was a lot of fun. Granted, I unlocked him the second pass and my toons were all g12 except big z, but he has his zeta. During Malakgate I was able to complete both sides without moving mods. Point is that was fun.

    The challenges that come on a monthly or bi-monthly rotation would be great if they had a more strategic requirement like the malak event.

    Relics have changed the game. 5 star unlocks, or a marquee toon will now be utterly useless in arena. The positive there is the meta won't change over night. I do think relics have given arena some diversity. Most are still running DR, but the full squads themselves have variety. Padme is abundant and nuke squads as well as JKR squads are sprinkled in too.

    A raid is needed though to get the community into theory crafting again. The HSTR was both fun and frustrating when it first dropped.

    All in all, for me the game is still enjoyable despite the shortage of true new content.
  • Options
    Soz58 wrote: »
    Good quality list, how ,any in the past 6 months, nice to see you CG employees sticking together

    From that list, the following were in the last six months:

    Geo rework
    Clone Trooper Rework
    Padme legendary
    DS TB
    General Skywalker
    new toons and ships such as Shaak Ti, Brood Alpha
    Grand Arena Championships
    Relics
    QOL updates such as the UI for battles


    I didn't include the sep rework, although GG and Magnaguard were tweaked in the last six months. The list also missed g12 finishers, farmable locations for g12, g12+, and guaranteed zetas from challenges, plus possibly other things.

    Want to change the time frame again?
Sign In or Register to comment.