Kit Reveal: BTL-B Y-wing

Prev1
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited October 2019
UNIT NAME: BTL-B Y-wing
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Tank, Galactic Republic
Galactic Republic Tank that can withstand significant damage and Taunts when its allies are in need

Developer Insights

ABILITIES:

Basic: Twin Laser Cannons

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. This attack deals 20% more damage for each ally with Valor.

Special 1:Torpedoes Away!(Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to the target enemy and the weakest enemy, and dispel all buffs on them. Then, the Y-wing Taunts and gains Protection Up (50%) for 2 turns. This attack can't be evaded.

Unique 1: Astromech Advantage

FINAL TEXT: The Y-wing has +15% Max Protection for each Galactic Republic ally, including Reinforcements, present at the start of battle.

The Y-wing recovers 10% Health whenever a Galactic Republic ally is critically hit by an enemy, and Taunts for 2 turns anytime Unending Loyalty's effect triggers on an allied ship.

When the Y-wing is defeated, all Galactic Republic allies gain +30% counter chance for the rest of the battle.

Hardware: Backup Procedure

FINAL TEXT: Enter Battle: The Y-wing Taunts for 3 turns and grants all allies Retribution for 1 turn.

Replies

• Who's the pilot?
  • Dang, was hoping this would be a reason to gear up CUP
  • Galactic chase? Or direct hard/expensive cantina node? Marquee?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    FINAL TEXT: The Y-wing has +15% Max Protection for each Galactic Republic ally, including Reinforcements, present at the start of battle.
    I forgot if capital ships are counted as allies. I'm assuming if you reinforce this ship, it still counts KO'd allies or only allies in field and reinforcement slots after being called in?
  • The one thing GR did NOT need was yet another tank...
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    No pilot doesn’t make sense
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited October 2019
    The one thing GR did NOT need was yet another tank...
    Only taunt they had was through reinforcements, and, we don't know how necessary another tank is when Malevolence enters the table, Should make it doable for us in LS TB under Endurance while we don't have 7* Negotiators

Also, we get more ships to use Endurance for defense in GAC
  • So is this a galactic chase as well? Or just a surprise?
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    So is this a galactic chase as well? Or just a surprise?

Its a 1 star unlock then GET to 7 star.
  • A 330 shard 1* unlock no doubt... and don’t forget get1 and 2 required to progress.. @TAZZZOOO

/bitter/
  • Sounds pretty good. Would be a long farm no doubt wherever it ends up
  • stick your bwing somewhere into your p2w butt. oh wow a galactic republic tag for the new p2w capital ship counter to millenium falcon. cough cough.

Not sure how the Negotiator is P2W. I'm at 5* 40/85 and don't spend.
  • I'm less than thrilled to see pilotless ships for any other fleet than Separatists. That's just lazy game design, like everything recently. Two rushed TBs with less phases. Galactic chases instead of designing and testing marquee events (not to mention that we get to spend crystals on shards we'd otherwise get for free). And now a pilotless GR ship?

This would have been a great opportunity to add another clone for the Shaak Ti heap. A clone pilot with unique armor, another must-have character for collectors. This increasing reluctance to put in any work beyond the bare minimum doesn't really inspire confidence in the longevity of the game.
  • Lots of negativity from everyone, myself included. If only they could fix a certain "silly bug" and make good with the players...
    Honestly not interested in more pay to win stuff until I've caught up.
    Besides, how can I trust anything the devs say anymore.
  • Keep the YWing back until you can find a pilot to fit it.

Having specific Seperatists ships without pilots makes sense. Having a pilot-less YWing makes no sense and comes across (at best) as lazy.
  • how do you unlock it though lol
  • Maybe stop sitting around . And fix the game it is broke again
  • just rework Rex's ship!
    this is completely uncalled for!
  • It is a marquee.

Bla bla bla. Flaming again over the whole place.

Cool, a new ship! Thanks.
    It is nice to have not another unesuful char to gear up. Uh, there is in general a pilot inside? Uh, perhaps the asteomech is flying it, as can be seen with other ships in several ressources?
    Another ship for more different lineups, nice.

Stop flaming and quit plz
  • This would have been a great opportunity to add another clone for the Shaak Ti heap.

We don't want more Clones though.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • fleet isnt fun anymore since everybody in my shard starts to play the same fcn lineup with hounth tooth and millenium falcon. now we have to chase this **** to counter millenium falcon. thats p2w... they dont rework any other ship to get a diverse meta.. everything is about "farm this now to counter this in that way we want you to farm in that monotonic meta" and every fcn day u play against the same fcn lineup like a **** ... because CG wants it that way.

dozen of ships to farm but no! everybody has to play the same lineup and to counter that monotonic lineup u have to farm something new specific in a new specific game mode (geo tb) and to get there u have to power up your toons to get into the relevat guilds (money money). thats p2w because they make business with that.

u guys are just to dumb to see it.

bruh
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Ah....Pilotless Y-Wing, you make an excellent addition to my collection.
  • Seku wrote: »
    No pilot doesn’t make sense

They choose to not force us to upgrade a character/not add a pointless character just for a ship. This is a good thing overall since we can still focus our roster on who we "actually want"
  • Winterwolves
    1717 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Special 1:Torpedoes Away!(Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to the target enemy and the weakest enemy, and dispel all buffs on them. Then, the Y-wing Taunts and gains Protection Up (50%) for 2 turns. This attack can't be evaded.

It would be nice if this was the "weakest other enemy" so that it would always deal damage to a second enemy.

Edit: wait, would it deal damage twice to the target if they are the weakest?
  • Mox4
    23 posts Member
    Really disappointed that there is no Crew for this ship. Sets a really strange precedent, where apparently any ship in the future can be crewless, not just pure-droid ships, like the implication was with the Vulture.

I mean, even if you didn't want to release a new toon, there's still Echo and the ARC trooper. Either could serve as the pilot for this ship :/
  • I think the issue here is not the idea of pilotless ships, just the inconsistent implementation. Ships should either require pilots or they shouldn't (with the exception of canonically pilotless ships always being pilotless).

As a side tangent,
    I feel that inconsistency is one of the major flaws of this game, especially compared to other games. If you think about it, it explains a lot of the frustration from the community. For example, GP. It used to not matter how good all of your characters were. Then, it was good to have a really high GP, and it was good to level up bad characters. And finally now it is bad to have a high GP and any leveled up bad characters hurt your ability to be competitive. Another example is currency. Some stores have been abandoned (GW store). Some stores have been completely reworked (****). Some stores seemed to be for one thing [gear] and then turned out to be for something else [shards] (GET). Having a goal set before you and then having it change just as you get close is very frustrating. For a game that is all about planning and resource management, it is very hard to do either of those things if the fundamental structure of the game is always changing.