Are u kidding me? Driven by NEW content?

13Next

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    MntMan wrote: »

Relics isn't really new content either. I'd just g14 not being called g14.

Except, it's nothing like "Gear 14". Relics are completely different then any other in-game progression system. First off, "regular" gear is farmed directly from nodes and is very specific (i.e. you can't use Mk5 droid callers instead of Mk3 carbantis in a slot where carbantis are required). Relics are a combination of signal data (which is farmed in cantina - which, for many end-game players who use relics, is better anyway) and "salvaged" gear. The function of Scavenger in the game is also completely new - and does something players have been asking for a LONG time, that is, a way to "spend" unused gear. Even the higher level relics R5-R7 allow choices as to what gear you want to use - which also makes them entirely different from "regular" gear. And, thankfully, unlike mods, relics don't boost speed. In essence, they balance out the need for speed, by buffing many other stats.

So people lazily stating "dude, relics are just g14 but just not called that" are either being completely dishonest, or actually have no idea how relics actually work and are just parroting what they saw someone else post.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    DragonWzd wrote: »
    Lol, like relics are something special, they are just red stars from MSF. It's exactly the same as restarring our 7* characters. The progression is almost the same.

well, except relics aren't completely random rng drops
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Although Asajj Ventress didn't get a touch-up to synergise with the Separatist faction (yet?), I still appreciate the change do her basic stance

Her special stance needs a rework though.

B-boy stance ftw
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • @Ultra Racking up them schillbucks.

( totally agree btw. there has been a ton of reworks. Some segments totally forgot but ton of reworks)
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »
    The only thing this game has got going for it is Star Wars. If all these type of games were some generic topic this game would have been stopped long ago.

Far from the "only" thing, but definitely the biggest thing. I played Dragon Champions and will it was new, it was just a reskin of this game not new content. But it wasnt Star Wars and I didnt care at all about the characters.

You didn't care about Mr. Panda?

Panda Express is ok in a pinch. I did like the ice dude, dont know his name though. I called him Mr. Freeze.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    They need to make a Big Trouble in Little China game like this. Now that I would play.
  • Miketo28 wrote: »
    The Malak event was a lot of fun. Granted, I unlocked him the second pass and my toons were all g12 except big z, but he has his zeta. During Malakgate I was able to complete both sides without moving mods. Point is that was fun.

The challenges that come on a monthly or bi-monthly rotation would be great if they had a more strategic requirement like the malak event.

Relics have changed the game. 5 star unlocks, or a marquee toon will now be utterly useless in arena. The positive there is the meta won't change over night. I do think relics have given arena some diversity. Most are still running DR, but the full squads themselves have variety. Padme is abundant and nuke squads as well as JKR squads are sprinkled in too.

A raid is needed though to get the community into theory crafting again. The HSTR was both fun and frustrating when it first dropped.

All in all, for me the game is still enjoyable despite the shortage of true new content.

I haven't given up on JKR in a year. I've been using him since before Dreven and I'll keep using him
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Except, it's nothing like "Gear 14". Relics are completely different then any other in-game progression system. First off, "regular" gear is farmed directly from nodes and is very specific (i.e. you can't use Mk5 droid callers instead of Mk3 carbantis in a slot where carbantis are required). Relics are a combination of signal data (which is farmed in cantina - which, for many end-game players who use relics, is better anyway) and "salvaged" gear. The function of Scavenger in the game is also completely new - and does something players have been asking for a LONG time, that is, a way to "spend" unused gear. Even the higher level relics R5-R7 allow choices as to what gear you want to use - which also makes them entirely different from "regular" gear. And, thankfully, unlike mods, relics don't boost speed. In essence, they balance out the need for speed, by buffing many other stats.

So people lazily stating "dude, relics are just g14 but just not called that" are either being completely dishonest, or actually have no idea how relics actually work and are just parroting what they saw someone else post.

Lazily stating? OK. No. Let's go with name calling and trying to discredit something based on an individual first right rather than think about what you wrote. It's exactly the same and you've lazily fallen for it. It's still a gear grind like any other gear level. They've just added other pieces to grind for and the Scavenger while in theory it is something we have wanted if you look at it honestly it is the same gear grind. Sure you can easily get to R3 or R4 using old stuff. It would be like G14.1 or G14.2 etc. Then you have to start making some decisions on gear that you grind for that you want to scavenge to get the pieces to bump up the Relic levels. How do you not see that? It's the same thing. It's just reskinned. I feel like i"m taking crazy pills. Zoolander has the same look every time. Blue Steel? La Tigra? Magnum? It's the same!!!!! Why does not one else see it.

Oh well. You're not going to convince me that it is wondrous new content and I'm not going to be able to help you see they pulled the wool over your eyes. At the end it doesn't matter anyways. It's always been a grind, will always be a grind and we play it until we can take it no more. I'm still playing so obviously I can still tolerate it. We'll see. I'm not lining up to close my account. Still get a little joy out of it, but come on. Don't fool yourself.

As for the prior commenters (sorry didn't quote you) agree to disagree then. You are correct it is not new content I wanted or rataher hoped for, but I'd still disagree that changing a shirt color is content. You are taking a very literal stance, but Ii guess technically speaking you are not incorrect. Even a hidden change in the background or a pixel change on the loading screen would technically be new content. Don't expect me to cheer for it though.
  • Here i fixed it:

Driven by new pay walls.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

What you say about their differences is true.

That said, when you break them down to the base, what do relics do when applied to a character? They provide a linear increase to stats.

What does gear do when applied to a character? It provides a linear increase to stats.

From that standpoint, there is no difference between relics and gear.
  • MntMan wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Lazily stating? OK. No. Let's go with name calling and trying to discredit something based on an individual first right rather than think about what you wrote. It's exactly the same and you've lazily fallen for it. It's still a gear grind like any other gear level. They've just added other pieces to grind for and the Scavenger while in theory it is something we have wanted if you look at it honestly it is the same gear grind. Sure you can easily get to R3 or R4 using old stuff. It would be like G14.1 or G14.2 etc. Then you have to start making some decisions on gear that you grind for that you want to scavenge to get the pieces to bump up the Relic levels.

No you don't, R5 has 2 very easy options which most players have plenty of (Mk7 Shield Generators or Mk3 Holoprojectors) as does R6. Right now, I have 4 complete ArmaTek wristbands waiting to convert into R6 relics once I finish farming the signal data.

You could make the argument that relic 7, the highest level, possibly has a grind to it for the needed gear for the Zinbiddle cards. But even there, you have 3 different choices depending on who you want to gear and what you have from raids, TW and TB rewards. As I said, you either are not even looking at it honestly, or are simply ignoring the facts.

The only "grind" is the signal data - which is cantina energy that most end-game players using relics don't need for characters anymore anyway. And, similar to the gear needed, is flexible - there are 3 types of signal data that all relic characters use. So again, which characters I "relic up" is not dependent on gear drops or what gear I need for specific slots. It's an open and flexible system - which is different than gear.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - just not their own set of facts. Relics are a progression system with flexibility that regular gear does not have. It's different in many regards. You can keep voicing your opinion that it's the same - but that doesn't change the fact that it's not.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    You keep using the word "new" though. So if they change the color pf padme's shirt that's "new" content? If they renumbers the light side and dark side nodes is that "new" content? Surely they pushed out code, but is it new?

A bit extreme obviously, and I know from your last statement that you get the point of the OP, but I think if we start giving them built in excuses they'll continue to post threads like new content drives players and everyone will think it has been doing that.

I'll give them a pass on new content for Malak and GAS whether people like it or not. It's not so much the character, but the event itself I'm counting, though it being a one and done (once complete) kind of minimalism it as new content. Geo TB is a reskin and some of it is neat. I mean I for one am happy with it and the challenge it presents, but it is not "new". It's a reskin for the most part (maybe Aklay aside) and if it could be run with other TBs it may be considered more than just a replacement/substitute.

Reworks and new toons like Shaak-Ti I think is pushing as new content, but I guess they had to come up with new kits and synergies. I'd be more apt to give credit for new toons than reworked ones, though they were desperately needed. Maintenance in itself of game dynamics is not new content.

Relics isn't really new content either. I'd just g14 not being called g14. If they rolled out a new dynamic image of your relic in battle screens, new abilities with it (possibly forthcoming??) etc then maybe I'd give credit there, but it's basically a gear grind with a static picture on a character sheet screen which seems like a huge waste of time to me since they already had the dynamic to increase character power through adding gear levels. This was nothing "new", but how many people would spend for simply g14 so they tossed out a picture and name for g14 called relics and there we are. Basically a new shirt for Padme.

The entire basis of this thread is a statement that EA made to its investors. Investors view content as "things that drive spending." So whether or not you personally want to consider something to be "content" is completely irrelevant.
  • If it’s not new content, why do people keep spending money on it?

Contrary to what some people want to believe, a lot of people actually like playing this game. As much as I don’t like the latest direction, I enjoy the game. They can’t even kick me out.

Addiction and the sunken cost fallacy.

THIS....great read for those who play this game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/7knsyt/the_sunk_cost_fallacy_and_why_you_are_guilty_of_it/

• The entire basis of this thread is a statement that EA made to its investors. Investors view content as "things that drive spending." So whether or not you personally want to consider something to be "content" is completely irrelevant.

Well I'll hand it to you. This is the most accurate statement in here. That I cannot and will not argue.

As for the poster above responding to me you can skew it however you like. Someone said it above as well. A linear progression. Gear = Relics. You fell for it. They gave you a shiny picture on the character screen of a light saber or blaster, called it a different name and wham> they got ya. Sure you can have slightly different options to break down for gear so you can argue I don't HAVE To get another stun gun, but for 5-7 you will have to farm some gear and make hard choices. Sure if you've been playing for 3-5 years you may have some stuff stored up, but what about others? What about when you run out? It's a gear grind. Plain and simple. The "choice" they give you is easily supplemented by the addition of yet another thing to grind through cantina.

Anyways whatever. Doesn't matter. These games are all grinds and I'll keep grinding regardless. But it doesn't change what it is and certainly what it isn't.

The entire basis of this thread is a statement that EA made to its investors. Investors view content as "things that drive spending." So whether or not you personally want to consider something to be "content" is completely irrelevant.

Well I'll hand it to you. This is the most accurate statement in here. That I cannot and will not argue.

As for the poster above responding to me you can skew it however you like. Someone said it above as well. A linear progression. Gear = Relics. You fell for it. They gave you a shiny picture on the character screen of a light saber or blaster, called it a different name and wham> they got ya. Sure you can have slightly different options to break down for gear so you can argue I don't HAVE To get another stun gun, but for 5-7 you will have to farm some gear and make hard choices. Sure if you've been playing for 3-5 years you may have some stuff stored up, but what about others? What about when you run out? It's a gear grind. Plain and simple. The "choice" they give you is easily supplemented by the addition of yet another thing to grind through cantina.

Anyways whatever. Doesn't matter. These games are all grinds and I'll keep grinding regardless. But it doesn't change what it is and certainly what it isn't.

Like you said, it doesn't matter. I can explain the facts and you keep ignoring them. For R5 & R6 I haven't had to farm a single piece of gear - most people don't - I even explained which ones. You just keep covering your ears and saying that isn't the case, but that doesn't change it. Is it grinding? Yes - for signal data. It's a progression, so of course it takes some time (or crystals). And it's from cantina - so what else do you have to farm from Cantina? I have nothing unless I feel like bringing Aurra Sing to 7*, so even that is not anything that takes away from anything else. But, like you said - it doesn't matter. You've made up your mind that anything that takes time must be "g14" - even if it is nothing like gear 1-13. Lol

• I like your facts. "most people don't" So you've taken a poll? You have some data to back this up? If everyone could just easily knock out r7 don't you think there would be a lot of more people out there with it on all their toons? Wouldn't "most" people have it more abundantly in their roster? Just because a particular situation doesn't apply to you or it's easy for you don't assume it means all other or even most others. If it was just cantina energy that's an easy refresh, although at 100 it's not necessarily cheap, but still easy especially since it's not a single drop rate.

Just because you're blinded by the new shiny object don't let its wrapper fool you. Just because it doesn't say "gear" you've got it all figured out huh? Anyways my opinion of your "facts" and their validity differs. So yes. You can keep spouting your "facts" all you want. My mind will not be changed. I'm not blinded by a rebranding and a fancy name. That being said don't let me stay in the way of you, or anyone else, enjoying it. I mean I'm grinding away at my very unique and not at all coming close to being like any other dynamic in the game relics as well. I'm just not convinced it's drastically new or different. It's all about Blue Steel baby. It's gonna knock everyone on their caboose.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    frackme_21 wrote: »
    Here i fixed it:

Driven by new pay walls.

what's a pay wall? I play swgoh so have no idea
    Maybe End Game isn't for you