Angry for a reason (GAC)

Prev1
0r6thmlvuncb.jpg

Gentlemen,

I would like to share something really nerve cracking. As you see, 160 points separate me from getting into Kyber, unfortunately, from the last two missions I'm able to do serves 100 points, obviously not enough. I am a person who really likes GAC because I can strategize, know my enemies better and enjoy the game mode altogether. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard, however, If I lose, I admit defeat, BUT......

Let's take a look at my previous match. I am in Division 3 with 3,6m GP, I got an enemy from Divison 2 with 3,9m GP, therefore, I was the underdog here. Despite the impossible I still managed to get a tie with 1067 - 1067 and yet he proved to be victorious just for having more GP. This is absolute unfairness and this is where I want to kindly highlight a message to the developers.

It is clear, that you know nothing about balance or fairness. Someone has to win, there is no way to end a match in Draw and share 500-500 points between the opposing players, no, you must give us an absolute unfair solution. If the system would give 500-500 points in case of a Draw I would be in Kyber now and not complaining here. I am absolutely sure that I am not alone with this!

From now on, you made me not care about GAC anymore unless you fix this mess! I don't care who is F2P and who is Whale, whoever you throw at me I'll fight and the least you can do is to give credit to those who stand ground against a formidable opponent instead of shaming them! Start thinking.

Replies

• CG doesnt care about your story.

What matters is that whales are happy, period.

The rest is irrelevant.

Be a whale or loose.

• Yes, now I understand both of you. It's still a shame that it came to this. I never experienced such a thing in the past years since I am playing SWGOH. Openly disappointed.
  • Allow me to be Devil's advocate. A tie is a tie. First round, 3 out right wins and one match ends in a draw. Now, which one of the two people with a 0-0-1 record is matched with someone who is 1-0-0?

You will then have people complaining about that.

Stop people, just stop.

The rules are clear. If you are ranked lower than someone where you have the same record it means they will win on the tie, due to the GP tiebreak.

Could the tie break go the other way? Yes, you did equal work with less to work with. However, then the other side will complain. I put more work in and now I am being punished.

Nothing is perfect, but the rules are clearly stated. Accept it.
  • Nothing to see here . Everything working as intended. Whale harder.
  • Miketo28 wrote: »
    ... A tie is a tie. First round, 3 out right wins and one match ends in a draw. Now, which one of the two people with a 0-0-1 record is matched with someone who is 1-0-0?

Nothing is perfect, but the rules are clearly stated. Accept it.

They need to declare a winner for the next match, but they could still award 500-500 points. There is no need to add insult to injury.

And "Accept stupid rules" is a very obedient attitude that we should be very grateful not everybody has. Rebellions and Resistance are built on that, and we know where that ends (well, we will know soon about the latter)
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    I gave up on GAC from the get go
    Rampant cheating
    No transparency
    I set def and forget about it
    Collect whatever and move on

Data on rampant cheating?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Rampant cheating
    No transparency

Top 10 questions that CG wants answered
  • TVF wrote: »
    Rampant cheating
    No transparency

I won 11/12 matches last GAC and lost to a guy who had much better mods. Cheating has been eliminated.

You can lose 2, maybe 3, matches in Div 3 and still hit Kyber as long as you efficiently clear your opponent; I've done it. You can also lose 1 match and narrowly make Kyber if you don't full clear everyone. What was your record this GAC? How many opponents did you full clear?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Rampant cheating
    No transparency

I lost therefore rampant cheating....irrefutable data...
  • My alt account is in div3 and got Kyber twice. I don’t have Malak, g13 GG etc. Some opponents had them. Simply your strategy wasn’t good enough to get Kyber. To get Kyber in Div3 is not hard.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Inter-division matchmaking has gone right after the test gac. Your opponents gp(and thus locked roster state) at the time of matchmaking is not the same as when you botted them before your match.

Lastly you don't know if your top X gp is higher or lower than your opponent unless you used -gp compare- tool (and not the bots on discord). Same argument can be driven about matchmaking gp. And in both cases it's nonsensical since you have no control over matchmaking and you might as well have been the one at higher gp. I doubt even a single player deliberately tries to get tied due to knowledge they'll win in that case.

This tiebreaker method is as close as it gets to random with numerous elements out of all players control, lower gp winning a tie would be the same thing. If they made it purely random or driven by something invisible to players the losing side would still be complaining about it. Naturally you prefer to be the winner and pushing a narrative that benefits that desire.
  • Valeran wrote: »
    Let's take a look at my previous match. I am in Division 3 with 3,6m GP, I got an enemy from Divison 2 with 3,9m GP, therefore, I was the underdog here. Despite the impossible I still managed to get a tie with 1067 - 1067 and yet he proved to be victorious just for having more GP. This is absolute unfairness and this is where I want to kindly highlight a message to the developers.

While I agree with you that the system could be more fair, I can understand why they've made it like that. They want to encourage people to build up their rosters. It used to be a bad thing to inflate your roster, but not anymore.

It would be nice though if proper draws were allowed. It would make the rewards a little more complicated, but it should be doable.
  • I keep hearing they are “encouraging GP growth” with the way they handle tie breakers, but I can’t help but think the lower GP should win. My only tie was with someone that had 250k squad GP over me. They underperformed, in my opinion, with the fact they could field more teams and couldn’t get more points than me. The secondary problem here is that going from Division 3 to Division 2 requires 4 more teams between offense and defense, but I digress...
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    You can no longer get an enemy from a different division.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Cheating is very minimal, however, accusations are very high. It's usually people who have less of an understanding of the game or simply sore losers who seem to make the majority of these accusations which wastes time investigating actual cheaters.

IMO @Bulldog1205 really did a disservice to the community by 1). Publicizing cheating to have more attempt to do so and 2). Create a false narrative it's rampant. I guess he got more subs for YouTube though so it's win for someone?

Data on minimal cheating?

There's no transparency so the player base has no idea, one way or the other.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    You're technically correct but which is more likely, that there's a huge cheating problem or that it got blown way out of proportion on the internet?
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Cheating is very minimal, however, accusations are very high. It's usually people who have less of an understanding of the game or simply sore losers who seem to make the majority of these accusations which wastes time investigating actual cheaters.

IMO @Bulldog1205 really did a disservice to the community by 1). Publicizing cheating to have more attempt to do so and 2). Create a false narrative it's rampant. I guess he got more subs for YouTube though so it's win for someone?

Threads like this throughout the internet (screen shot taken before my video was released) that have 1500 posts sure don’t make it seem like a false narrative.

4rt8qb73imad.jpeg

• TVF
    36583 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Lol internet posts as a metric for truth.

(and inb4 "16614 posts bruh!")
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    There we go again xD
  • Mikek wrote: »
    You can no longer get an enemy from a different division.

This is arguably not true. Division is locked at the beginning of GAC (that is, the start of week 1). GP can grow a lot over the course of the month. So while you are matched against opponents from the same division, by week 4 your opponent may be well over the cap for your division. And he'll get to use his roster as of the start of week 4, not the lower roster from week 1 that determined his division.

That said, I'm fine with this. Everyone grows during the month. The GP profile of the entire division shifts upwards by week 4.
  • Gentlemen, thank you for your comments on this topic!

I see some folks telling me to accept rules. I can't recall where I said anything about rules. I'm completely fine with everything in GAC, like I said, I like this game mode and improve myself PVP-wise. Since championships are on, I humbly lost altogether 10-12 matches and won all the others, even against stronger opponents.

Just for you to understand my case, I highlight one thing: fairness! Take a look at the word "tie" or "draw" in the dictionary. I believe the developers didn't because in this case the result is equal and can't be decided. It's not so hard to award both players with a rightful 500-500 points. In this case, whales should be angry for being careless not the other way! Despite this, I'm still proud that I hold ground against my opponents.

Underdogs deserve more respect!
  • I am angry for no reason
  • I got your gist. Surely 500-500 is much better.
  • @Valeran , I added my 2 cents earlier but may have misunderstood your post. If you accept the tie break as is, but merely want the rewards equal then yes. You have a good point.
  • I gave up on GAC from the get go
    Rampant cheating
    No transparency

GA seemed fine to me. I didnt need some hokey leaderboards. Was a fun game mode in a game that didnt have much that was fun. Then they change matchmaking, take away 3v3, and and this nonsense. Now I'm just here cuz its starwars. Sad