Developer Q&A - 11/01

Replies

• I'm trying really hard to stay positive and not kick you guys when you're down, but the cost of keeping current is going up and up and up, and the quality of the game is going way, way down. Stuff to do isn't keeping pace with stuff to buy in order to do stuff, and foul-ups and simple connectivity issues have made the game absolutely abysmal over the last month. It seems like a never-ending frustration lately for long-term players.

What are y'all doing to address these issues and restore confidence in this game and the staff who develops/maintains it?
  • The winner of Division 6, scored on average above 61 points per fight. Such score is let's say "highly unlikely" as his teams are g10 mostly, and has one g13 and one g12. I reported him to be investigated on 21st, and got a response 9 days later that he will be checked. Well, in the end he won the tournament.

My questions are:

1. Have you checked this guy logs and more importantly the teams he managed to beat to score such incredible scores?
    2. You said you have put a lot more resources to combating hackers, and it seems you have just 1 guy who takes 9 days to respond. I hope you realize this is utterly unacceptable.
    3. When are you going to release combat logs feature? This should be your top priority to combat and end hacking once and for all (given you add more resources to the point above, otherwise we will just report and action will be taken after we have quit out of frustration).
  • they took the game down so everyone can pay attention to the very important Q & A.
  • Would you consider changing how TM works, so that speed isn't as crucial as it is today?

A simple change from the current adding "speed" to it, instead add "random(speed)" or perhaps "speed/2+random(speed/2)".

This would lead to speed still being important, but players wouldn't consider the difference between +24 and +25 as important as having some of the other stats boosted by mods instead. It is a bit boring that speed is pretty much the only thing that matters, 99% of the time.

It would also lead to less guaranteed wins just because you have 1 more speed than your opponent, which would be a good thing, imho.
  • When will there be a solution to the gear crunch? Many things like Mk V stun guns, Mk 8 biotech implant, Mk V droid caller, other purple gear salvage, etc are required by almost every character and there isn’t an easy or efficient way to get them
  • Why is the Y Wing the only non-AI controlled ship to not have a pilot? Do you not feel like this is a weird move? Who is piloting it?

Or are you planning on removing all pilots from ships?
  • I love mod load outs and being able to swap at the drop of a dime... but what I would love even more is an “apply all” button for each tab so I can swap a whole teams mods at once 😍 How realistic is something like that coming to the game?
  • The Cantina is not currently loading in game for many. Is there anyone not doing Q&A able to address this issue?
  • I’ve asked before but... When will we be getting the R7 abilities, will all characters get them or....?
  • Plans to restore F2P trust and loyalty?
  • The Cantina is not currently loading in game for many. Is there anyone not doing Q&A able to address this issue?

We are aware and the team is working on it. I'll post updates here but the Q&A will go on! You probably don't want the folks in this room mucking about with server code anyways! Creative Directors and Community Managers aren't exactly hired for their coding skils :smile:
  • When CG fix the bugs with connectivity issues (right now a lot of people can not log into the game), dissapearing buttons, game freezes and lags?
    Why there is no compensation for players/guilds which are affected by these - especially when players are in the middle of guild events or GAC?
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    I think its good you can put out some faster ships without pilots like the non droid Y wing. But i hope not all ships will be like this going forward and there will still be some piloted ones? i think a healthy mix will add alot to ships!
  • Why do they do these realtime as opposed to posting the answers all at once?
  • Would you consider changing how TM works, so that speed isn't as crucial as it is today?

A simple change from the current adding "speed" to it, instead add "random(speed)" or perhaps "speed/2+random(speed/2)".

This would lead to speed still being important, but players wouldn't consider the difference between +24 and +25 as important as having some of the other stats boosted by mods instead. It is a bit boring that speed is pretty much the only thing that matters, 99% of the time.

It would also lead to less guaranteed wins just because you have 1 more speed than your opponent, which would be a good thing, imho.

What do you offer to do with all the money spent for years to farm mods with speed as the 99% criteria of a good mod?
  • A: CG_Cyanides - I am assuming you are asking why gear like Mk 3 Carbanti Salvage have similar drop rates to other pieces of gear that have a lower demand? We have no plans on altering drop rates, but we are looking at adding ways to earn more gear. Some ideas we are working on is adding a new tier to daily challenges, increasing GAC Currency rewarded, adding Kyrotechs to TW/TB, etc.?

When? You promised this almost two months ago.
  • Can you provide some more details on the new raid and ETA for it?
  • Nabucco
    537 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Will there be a opportunity to see results of a TB after is has ended, just like the 24 hour review on TW
    Lots of guild, including mine, are looking at player participation and that is not possible as the results are gone the second the event ends.
    In short: could you add a 24hour review on TB ?
  • With all of the Separatist reworks and Clone Wars content can we expect to see some Jedi reworks? Obviously we’ve had tweaks to Anakin, GK and Ahsoka, Shaak Ti and now Ki Adi Mundi coming to the game, but Mace, Plo, Kit, Luminara, Ima Gun Di etc really are useless in endgame.
  • Can we get a R2-D2 portrait?
  • Why no Halloween themed anything this year? No nightsisters love or free spooky loot boxes
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    The Cantina is not currently loading in game for many. Is there anyone not doing Q&A able to address this issue?

We are aware and the team is working on it. I'll post updates here but the Q&A will go on! You probably don't want the folks in this room mucking about with server code anyways! Creative Directors and Community Managers aren't exactly hired for their coding skils :smile:

Is anyone there hired for their coding skills? Malak event says no...
  • Any more clone wars era reworks happening? Come on, you can tell me. ;)
  • Why with above 100$ we are just able to reach ONE toon from g8 to g12? it's not enough!

• What do you offer to do with all the money spent for years to farm mods with speed as the 99% criteria of a good mod?[/quote]

Probably the payoff was already provided, by winning all the events/pvp/competitions etc. I mean, that’d probably be their response.
  • Hi,

Can you please allow us to sell undesired mods away directly from the Inbox? :)
  • Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    snip

What do you offer to do with all the money spent for years to farm mods with speed as the 99% criteria of a good mod?

Speed would still be important, probably still the most important. Just not as important.
  • Ally wrote: »
    I think its good you can put out some faster ships without pilots like the non droid Y wing. But i hope not all ships will be like this going forward and there will still be some piloted ones? i think a healthy mix will add alot to ships!

There will definitely still be piloted ships in the future! Some ships releases in the future may have pilots and some may not depending on what makes sense for the game
  • Hi,

Can you please allow us to sell undesired mods away directly from the Inbox? :)

CG_SvennGG mentioned last Q&A that it's something he's looking into for a future QoL update. Would make our lives way easier so fingers crossed!
This discussion has been closed.