Developer Q&A - 11/01

Replies

• Should we expect any more characters from Clone Wars era. The reworks have been great, but where are the likes of Hondo or new clones or Jedi? It’s the Clone Wars era and we have no new clones

Are more portraits still being added? No Jedi Knight Revan portrait seems like a big miss
  • Add attack animation to character page when you tap their likeness?

To make the character page a little more alive and interactive, and since the character attack animations are already available, would it be possible to trigger them from the character screen? If you tap the rotatable portrait likeness, display a random (basic or special) attack in-place.
  • Hi Devs ! Hope you are well.

I was wondering

1. when is ARC trooper dropping ? and how ?
    2. timeline for haat SIM
    3. is there a plan to change HSTR rewards so the top 10 is not the only place within the raid where there best stuff drops a shift to haat or pit style distribution of rewards ?

Thanks a bunch !
  • Plans to make a ship squad lineups like we have for our regular toons? Also does your ship reinforcements deploy in the order they are set in when the AI controls them on defense?
  • Striker600 wrote: »
    Hi Devs ! Hope you are well.

I was wondering

1. when is ARC trooper dropping ? and how ?
    2. timeline for haat SIM
    3. is there a plan to change HSTR rewards so the top 10 is not the only place within the raid where there best stuff drops a shift to haat or pit style distribution of rewards ?

Thanks a bunch !
    1. He's going be released soon and will tie into an upcoming event... maybe you can guess which one!
    2.+3. Cyanides is about to address these 2 in the OP
  • In the past legendary and epic events we were given rewards other than shards of the character for completing each tier of the event. This past General Skywalker event there were no other rewards for completing a tier outside of shards. Is this the plan moving for with all future legendary, marque, and epic events? Or will we get those rewards for completing the General Skywalker event at a later date?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Why have you cut off all contact to and from the former Game changers and content creators??
  • Seriously, why the hell doesn't Visas have an OR tag? For how much you all "think" about this game. As such a pivotal charecter in OR lore, she is lackluster. Also, not even a hard fix.

You previously mentioned a while back the OR would return after the Galactic Republic stint, are there plans to release other big names like BaoDur, Mandalore, Atton, The Handmaiden?

With the release of The Mandalorian, (and the content to follow) are there any plans for neo crusader mandos? i.e. real mandos?

• Morning from Australia,

Why do you launch events on a Friday when you don't have the proper support to fix something major on a weekend? We've seen that happen a few times over the last few events where players have had to wait until Monday for resolutions. Thanks.
  • EddyDelGormo
    17 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Hi,

This was probably double-asked already as well, but: will it ever be the time for real-time PvP? Battles are turn-based already. Seeing other people's intelligence would be lot of fun and way more interesting.

Thanks!
  • Here is a real question,are you considering changing the epic confruntation unloco from 5 star to 7 stars?
  • When is Samuel Jackson getting a rework?
  • Hi, this is meant more for the content section.

I'm wondering whether we might see some more of the Old Republic characters, but more from the side of Star Wars the Old Republic the MMO? Such as any of the Darths, like Malgus, Khem Val, or Valkorion (the dark sides my favourite, can you tell). Some of the Jedi. Anything like that. I really liked when you guys were adding characters from the Old Republic but I was disappointed when there weren't any new SWTOR characters other than the generic Sith Marauder. My main question is, are you guys going to eventually go back to that era, but focused more on the SWTOR side rather than the KOTOR side?

Thanks.
  • Any chance that we can get a change in turn order for Anakin’s zeta? It makes me want to throw my phone when he gets his bonus turn and procs Malak’s bonus turn and Padme does not go after Anakin. I haven’t tested Thrawn (plus chewie guarding him let’s say) but since he got the change a while ago I imagine whoever he swapped turn meter with would go next, even if chewie procc’d Malak’s bonus turn. If not, then I think that also needs to be changed.
  • Hey Devs,

Is Darth Sidious ever gonna get the Separatist tag like Jango?

Imo, you don't even need to change his kit :smiley:

Best,

Assassin9818
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited November 2019

topic: QUALITY OF LIFE

hi devs, all good?

just want to ask, what are your ideas to make the time-management a little easier. keyword: payout in the arena and the ship arena. are there ideas/plans to make the arena payout time-independend. for example we get our rewards at our reset-time for the highest reached rank?
    i'm sure you have some better ideas. the free choice of the reset-time and the both arenas was a big step for our quality of life. but many of us are in shard-chats, and had only less possibilities to get their rank 1.

thanks and saludos!
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    Is the next raid going to reward the top 10 a lot favorably than the ones below similarly to how hSTR does?
  • Lately along with the current gear crunch there also seems to be a big Omega mat crunch also, are there any plans to address this in the near future?
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Why were people who exploited an obvious bug given 5k GET and 2 Zetas as a reward when people like me who deliberately didn't got less compensatio? - surely when something like this happens again this type of reward method incentivices exploiting bugs, so i will think to do that next time in the hope of getting better compensation, but surely this will give more to undo for you guys.
  • I don’t think epic encounters ever got clarification of its event. I believe it was said that after the next one (GS) we would get a description of how the events when made will be generalized. Kinda like legendaries come every about 3 months, and you need one faction, or hero’s journey where you need specific characters.
  • What you get when you cross a bugged mobile game with a society that abandons and treats it like a trash?
  • Economy: You've mentioned a few times (6ish months ago?) about trying to swing the economic reward balance in the favour of GAC over Squad Arena, are there still plans to look at this?
  • With the new raid having a ship phase, are you looking to expand the available ships to have more viability/sustainability for pve content?

I can't imagine the current ships lasting 15 rounds with a raid boss without healing or mass foresight type mechanics
  • Any plans to update the quests so that they work with Geo TB?
  • Do you have any statistics to prove to players that the gear crunch is better than it ever has been? I completely believe it is true, just players always have a new project, a new team, a new character who needs just one more of this one piece. And that perspective makes them think the struggle is the same. Everyone wants more gear, just like everyone wants to make more money.
  • Hey Devs,

Best,

Assassin9818

We were just chatting about this and I don't think he's actually a Separatist like Jango. Jango was hired and was working for the Separatists. Sidious is pulling their strings and never direct allies with them. He then turns on the Separatists when its convenient, not exactly a good friend. I'd have to check with our lore experts but that's our initial read
  • Will championship currency ever be needed for characters?

I've been hoarding out of fear.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    There's currently a discussion in the studio about what it would mean for us to be in an open discord and how we would manage that interaction

You should join the secret whale server
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hey Devs,

Best,

Assassin9818

We were just chatting about this and I don't think he's actually a Separatist like Jango. Jango was hired and was working for the Separatists. Sidious is pulling their strings and never direct allies with them. He then turns on the Separatists when its convenient, not exactly a good friend. I'd have to check with our lore experts but that's our initial read

What about maul?
This discussion has been closed.