Developer Q&A - 11/01

Replies

• Any plans to change GAC match making ? Ie, winners from previous rounds face winners, losers face losers etc, to get a better reflection of who are the genuine kyber champions ?
  • KillerOOfDead
    11 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Hey, as a NS lover I must ask, will there be any more Nightsisters added to the game?
    There's a really cool scene in te show where Ventress pairs up with 2 NS and attempts to assassinate dooku
    Will the new ability of Talzin be related to voodoo ?
    Talzin almost killed dooku from halfway across the Galaxy, that's a really powerful ability which she currently lacks
  • Beta program?
    Sandbox mode?
    Mythic raids?
    What's so hard to add new tiers to daily challenges?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • More single player, play at your own pace content would be welcome for a mobile game.
  • Can I use a VPN on my phone when I play the game?
  • Thundamaka wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hey Devs,

Is Darth Sidious ever gonna get the Separatist tag like Jango?

Imo, you don't even need to change his kit :smiley:

Best,

Assassin9818

We were just chatting about this and I don't think he's actually a Separatist like Jango. Jango was hired and was working for the Separatists. Sidious is pulling their strings and never direct allies with them. He then turns on the Separatists when its convenient, not exactly a good friend. I'd have to check with our lore experts but that's our initial read

What about maul?

His Sidious' boy though right? So same logic I'd think
  • I gotta say, so far this is your best yet!
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    When will you make gearing to g12 faster?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hey Devs,

Best,

Assassin9818

We were just chatting about this and I don't think he's actually a Separatist like Jango. Jango was hired and was working for the Separatists. Sidious is pulling their strings and never direct allies with them. He then turns on the Separatists when its convenient, not exactly a good friend. I'd have to check with our lore experts but that's our initial read

So Sidious never worked with Dooku? Sidious never intereacted with Nute Gunray and directed him to do certain things?. So funny how you won't give Sidious the Separatist tag even though he directs all of their moves for years, but Ahsoka gets a Nightsister tie in with her leadership ability for something that happened in 1 Clone Wars episode.
  • Regarding this answer from TopHat:

"Regarding some of the player specific notes about Malak and how he and Skywalker should be 7*, we've heard these notes but it's not aligned with what we think those characters are: for this state of the game, the ultimate collection achievements."

And they are, at this point, the ultimate collection achievements. Emphasis on "collection," especially vis-a-vis Skywalker. No event has ever required the number of characters and power levels to acquire the character, and yet, for most players who unlocked him, he is quite literally a "collection achievement" with no real functional use. With the introduction of G13 and relics, a 5 star character is simply no longer viable, certainly not in the meta. Instead, most players who unlocked him will not have him at 7 stars until a few months from now. At which point, surely, there will be a repeat of the General Skywalker event. What is the point/incentive for players to be among the first to unlock a character that is not usable? The character who has been the most difficult to unlock to date? Why bother even trying to be the "tip of the spear"?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I don’t think Sidious is separatist or GR tbh
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited November 2019
    yohann269 wrote: »
    Hey Devs,

Best,

Assassin9818

So Sidious never worked with Dooku? Sidious never intereacted with Nute Gunray and directed him to do certain things?. So funny how you won't give Sidious the Separatist tag even though he directs all of their moves for years, but Ahsoka gets a Nightsister tie in with her leadership ability for something that happened in 1 Clone Wars episode.

Sure, then turns around a moment later to have them decapitated! They seem like pawns, more than allies. I honest could go either way but that was my initial read
  • Will Mace Windu ever get his rework?
  • 2 Q&A’s ago you said the bees were about to leave the nest for our next puzzle yet it is not here when are we finally getting one ?
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    With your focus on geo territory battles, and currency choking Malak and general Skywalker. Why are you making it impossible for new players to get characters like Wampa, Probe Droid, and hYoda? Have you considered how it hurts newer accounts to not have the ability to utilize these characters without sacrificing g13 and/or your meta breaking super characters? Do you care at all?
  • A little late to the party, but would y’all consider hiring developers that would have to work remotely?
  • Why did you not announce ahead of time that epic confrontation characters would require GET tokens?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    There's currently a discussion in the studio about what it would mean for us to be in an open discord and how we would manage that interaction

You should join the secret whale server

Or the non secret one that Ultra is just jealous he can't join.
    Hey Devs,

Best,

Assassin9818

Sure, then turns around a moment later to have them decapitated! They seem like pawns, more than allies. I honest could go either way but that was my initial read

Could be an interesting feature for a rework though..."Sacrifice Target Ally" sidious gets ridiculous boost to offense or something.
  • Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Hey Devs,

Best,

Assassin9818

Could be an interesting feature for a rework though..."Sacrifice Target Ally" sidious gets ridiculous boost to offense or something.

As long as that target ally is separatist
  • Savage Opress then is not a Sep? And please help Visas. Or continue that lore next year with Mitra et all please!
    Hey Devs,

Best,

Assassin9818

He directed them for YEARS. not moments. give me a break. between ep 1 and 2 is 10 years, Ep 2 and ep 3 is 3 years. So minimum Sidious was directing Separatist actions for 13 years. that's a lot of moments. We should make all the clone troopers storm troopers because they were only clone troopers for moments before turning with order 66....
  • Can we get a commitment, similar to the Character Release Cadence, that applies to currency like Guild Event Tokens and Grand Arena Currency?

At this point we feel like none of it can ever be spent for fear of a major character requiring a large amount of currency.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Can we get a commitment, similar to the Character Release Cadence, that applies to currency like Guild Event Tokens and Grand Arena Currency?

At this point we feel like none of it can ever be spent for fear of a major character requiring a large amount of currency.
    I'll send this over to Cyanides and see if we can get an answer for this
  • Please explain what is going on with the Malak fiasco
  • There are a handful of factions/characters who are very under developed and have been for a while now - are we going to get to see factions like Tuskens getting a rework to make them effective like Bugs or Clones have recently, or Nightsisters back in the day?
  • So a bit of a wordy preface:

I've believed for some time that a big part of SWGOH's community problem is that it is hard to manage of community of people that have been playing the game for so long. Part of the reason why is that over the course of four years, periodic missteps, or design decisions not my favor (or whoever we're talking about) periodically makes us feel like we've been screwed. The missteps are hard to forgive, especially in aggregate. Would CG consider thinking more about occasionally throwing us a bone that doesn't have strings attached? If I woke up one morning to 50 kyrotech salvage in my inbox, over time I'd become a lot more amenable to forgiving the missteps. We occasionally get hosed, but we rarely get a real genuine 'present'.

You guys run a virtual economy where you can decide exactly what everything is worth, and you can print an infinite amount of money that is always worth exactly what you want it to be. I don't think the occasional gift will actually seriously impact the game's economy (in fact, if you take Puzzle and Dragons as an example, they discovered that this kind of generousity seriously boosted the economy).

Would you consider a few of the following suggestions>
    1. From time to time, just give us all a meaty gift, just because
    2. Setup a rotating palette of older characters, and on Saturday and Sunday set those nodes to a 100% drop rate. Alternatively do a targeted 'double drop' on certain character nodes on the weekends (every weekend).
    3. Why not add "Chromium Pack Tickets" to the game and give them out from time to time (this would especially help new players onboarding to the experience)
    4. Add a "wildcard" gear piece to the game that can be plugged into any gear slot to craft the required gear. On rare occasions, just give us one of those.
  • Also please explain what is being done to alleviate the gear crunch issue
  • For QoL, is it possible to enable a mod "snapshot" of the entire roster? A full roster is differently modded (for TW/GA) than individual teams. A snapshot would be a great way to ensure a preset mod layout before entering player lock.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    What about avelliating the Gear crunch and the draught of content for end game players via quests/feats ? Beating the last tier of Thrawn without Hera could be quite the challenge, as conquering cls again, this time without mods.
This discussion has been closed.