Developer Q&A - 11/01

Replies

• Soooo @CG_SBCrumb are y’all done answering questions now? In the handful of obviously very carefully selected questions you answered, not once did the 5 ton elephant in the room question come up and/or get answered! When are you all going to be re-opening the Malak event? It’s been two weeks now since the initial issue and still no resolution for those of us that didn’t get to even attempt Pt to unlock him!! It’s 🤬 that NOTHING is even be said about this issue!,
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hey Devs,

Is Darth Sidious ever gonna get the Separatist tag like Jango?

Imo, you don't even need to change his kit :smiley:

Best,

Assassin9818

We were just chatting about this and I don't think he's actually a Separatist like Jango. Jango was hired and was working for the Separatists. Sidious is pulling their strings and never direct allies with them. He then turns on the Separatists when its convenient, not exactly a good friend. I'd have to check with our lore experts but that's our initial read

Thx for answering :smile: But in lore it's always said that Sheev was playing both sides of the war, being the leader of the GR and Seppies. And we really need at least one extra Seppie, because Asajj belongs to NS imo. Sidous only needs the tag and it's done. Don't know how difficult it is to give a character a tag though.
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Can we get a commitment, similar to the Character Release Cadence, that applies to currency like Guild Event Tokens and Grand Arena Currency?

At this point we feel like none of it can ever be spent for fear of a major character requiring a large amount of currency.
    I'll send this over to Cyanides and see if we can get an answer for this

I want to second this because the Skywalker event was damaging to your veteran player base. We've seen an alarming number of "retirements" among the largest accounts in the game. Everyone has a breaking point and the handling of this event and now the return of Malak have sent far too many over the edge.
    Thundamaka wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hey Devs,

Is Darth Sidious ever gonna get the Separatist tag like Jango?

Imo, you don't even need to change his kit :smiley:

Best,

Assassin9818

We were just chatting about this and I don't think he's actually a Separatist like Jango. Jango was hired and was working for the Separatists. Sidious is pulling their strings and never direct allies with them. He then turns on the Separatists when its convenient, not exactly a good friend. I'd have to check with our lore experts but that's our initial read

What about maul?

His Sidious' boy though right? So same logic I'd think

Count dooku was his boy too!
  • Not many questions being answered in here 🤔
  • Could you change TB to not pre-fill a squad to mitigate the effect of lag making you use GBA on a CM and having to skip a special mission? Or wrecking 3 squads with a motley crew?
  • TVF wrote: »
    Q: Why does the game insist that there's a problem with my connection if I'm not the only one who can't get in game.

Follow up Q: Am I the only one playing this game and eveyone else is AI?

Probably.
  • A few questions/concerns/notes:

I'd like some clarification on kyros and requiring GET1 for new characters and how that helped the gear crunch (as was mentioned in prior Q&A as being a goal).

2019 was the absolute worst year yet for low spend/f2p players. G13+kyros, epic confrontation 5* releases, and relics. All in a year where not even a new raid was released.

The nuances of the Sith raid are now simply overpowered with relics and quality rewards are still limited to the top10. Players who could not figure out the mechanics to unlock Traya are now clicking auto and getting into the top10 because they also click on relic packs. If the answer is "who cares, it's outdated content at this point" then: let us sim it + we should have relevant raid content for the money that the game brings in.

The avenues to use actual gameplay talent are becoming slimmer and slimmer by the day.
  • Is there a way to move players to a newer arena shard if they don't log in for a while? I took six months off around the time Palp came out, and now I have Gear 12+ Palp (after hundreds of dollars spent to 'catch up') and regularly face multiple-Relic multiple-Legendary teams pretty low in arena rankings which is pretty discouraging.
  • GS and malak being 5* unlocks is silly with the requirements to unlock them. with G13 and relics GS is worthless from what we have seen as a 5*. and GS compared to malak well malak is just OVER POWERED! and did you guys say (believe it was in a Q&A) before malak came out that you wouldn't add new toons to GET store? that you guys wanted GET store to be used for gear farm? with the requirements to unlock them both wouldn't it just be FAIR to us the players to make them 7* unlocks?
  • Strubz wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Can we get a commitment, similar to the Character Release Cadence, that applies to currency like Guild Event Tokens and Grand Arena Currency?

At this point we feel like none of it can ever be spent for fear of a major character requiring a large amount of currency.

I want to second this because the Skywalker event was damaging to your veteran player base. We've seen an alarming number of "retirements" among the largest accounts in the game. Everyone has a breaking point and the handling of this event and now the return of Malak have sent far too many over the edge.

In other words, they don’t give two 🤬’s about veteran players @Strubz. All their cash flow comes from kraken/whale/dolpin players or new players that don’t realize once they hit 85 there’s a huge paywall to climb.
  • dragonsage wrote: »
    GS and malak being 5* unlocks is silly with the requirements to unlock them. with G13 and relics GS is worthless from what we have seen as a 5*. and GS compared to malak well malak is just OVER POWERED! and did you guys say (believe it was in a Q&A) before malak came out that you wouldn't add new toons to GET store? that you guys wanted GET store to be used for gear farm? with the requirements to unlock them both wouldn't it just be FAIR to us the players to make them 7* unlocks?

More importantly, how fair is it to newer players who haven't had a chance to get wampa, and hYoda? That's a solid year of get1 in front of them.
  • MolIza wrote: »
    Soooo @CG_SBCrumb are y’all done answering questions now? In the handful of obviously very carefully selected questions you answered, not once did the 5 ton elephant in the room question come up and/or get answered! When are you all going to be re-opening the Malak event? It’s been two weeks now since the initial issue and still no resolution for those of us that didn’t get to even attempt Pt to unlock him!! It’s 🤬 that NOTHING is even be said about this issue!,

We should have an update today on when the event will return. Tophat has addressed the issue in a few responses and I've still got a whole pile more of answers that I'm working to get live.
  • Savage Opress then is not a Sep? And please help Visas. Or continue that lore next year with Mitra et all please!

No. Savage was groomed by Assaj to kill dooku.
  • QoL: pressing auto is not my Idea of fun in a game. As a rule of thumb, if i Can auto it, i want to be able to sim it. Sim it when u 3* it is a good Idea for regular battles, could it be apply to other battles ? I'm looking at you, military might/smuggler's run
  • Any news on the long awaited Leia tribute portrait for Carrie Fisher?

I know I submitted a question about how GET currency could ever be used as an example of alleviating the gear crunch when it's now obvious they can never be used for gear
  • WulW
    30 posts Member
    Why you have not answered on any question concerned with General Skywalker?
  • dragonsage
    27 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    @YetiYeti
    this too. im only 64/85 on Hoda and dont even have wampa unlocked 10/145 on him. i cant just stop farming Hoda too. hes pretty important to the JKR team and HSTR.
    Q: Is Unending Loyalty working as intended?The number of turns it lasts sometimes feels inconsistent?
    • A: CG_Miller - There was a bug with Unending Loyalty where it would make Anakin's starfighter unkillable, that was fixed with the latest update. We are paying attention to how this fix plays out and if there is more to address with the ability we will do so.

It doesn't refresh when it's re-applied while active. That's just as frustrating a bug, but I've never seen it make the list.
    Q: Is Unending Loyalty working as intended?The number of turns it lasts sometimes feels inconsistent?
    • A: CG_Miller - There was a bug with Unending Loyalty where it would make Anakin's starfighter unkillable, that was fixed with the latest update. We are paying attention to how this fix plays out and if there is more to address with the ability we will do so.

It doesn't refresh when it's re-applied while active. That's just as frustrating a bug, but I've never seen it make the list.

they are aware of it, I reported that bug weeks ago. I just don't think they care anymore. So many other bugs are going unfixed
  • _Ben
    134 posts Member
    Please can you explain more about the logic of the General Skywalker event being a 5 star release, when you recently released relics which take the power of characters to a new level. I have a 5 star GS, which I am essentially unable to use at this point because he is not viable against fully relic’d teams. I spent a lot of time and resources unlocking this character (35k crystals), and I feel like this achievement is slightly underwhelming when he is not a competitive character. I also feel like i will get no initial advantage from unlocking this character first time around, as other players will know to hoard their GET currency for his next release - probably around the time I finally get mine to 7 stars.
  • When can we expect information on LS GeoTB? We’re weeks away and have no info, with DS we had info almost a month in advance.
  • Do you guys play any fun office games centered around forum or Reddit users? "Rate the shill" or "Banstick Bingo". Something where you have a fantasy draft of forum users and score points based on how often they say phrases like "resource management", "anecdotal evidence", "game is dying", or some other clever trope?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Come through Garret

Co workers..
  • Wow this is a truly insightful Q&A with most of the recurring questions on the forum being answered. Many thanks CG.

Oooops sorry, thought this was the Roblox forum
  • With hindsight are you still comfortable with the decision to set the unlock level of General Skywalker at 5*?

Given another opportunity would you change the unlock level to 6-7*?
  • Q: Will the next GAC finally use fleet again? All players who have invested in ships and pilots feel screwed because of how GP is calculated and used in matchmaking?
    A: CG_Miller - As was announced on Wednesday, the next Grand Arena Championships will include a Fleet node in every round.

Why only 1 fleet? for the bigger accounts can we have 2 fleets? Like 5m GP and above get 2 fleets. Let me use all these toons/ships I've developed over the last 4 years
    @CG_SBCrumb @cg_miller
  • When are the new abilities coming from Relics? Are they going to be similar to Zetas?
  • When can we expect information on LS GeoTB? We’re weeks away and have no info, with DS we had info almost a month in advance.

We've got a bunch of posts detailing the Light side version like last time. I'd expect that to kick off early next week most likely
This discussion has been closed.