Developer Q&A - 11/01

Replies

• CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Q: Is Unending Loyalty working as intended?The number of turns it lasts sometimes feels inconsistent?
    • A: CG_Miller - There was a bug with Unending Loyalty where it would make Anakin's starfighter unkillable, that was fixed with the latest update. We are paying attention to how this fix plays out and if there is more to address with the ability we will do so.

It doesn't refresh when it's re-applied while active. That's just as frustrating a bug, but I've never seen it make the list.

I'll let the team know it's still a big problem. Thanks
  • Since you guys considering Malak/GAS characters "achievement characters" why not add those shards to shard shop and give us use to acquire them that way and use GET currency for gear as you orginally intended? Most End game/high Gp players already have GG at max shard count and this would be a great way give us some breathing room for both acquiring gear and shards
  • WulW wrote: »
    Why you have not answered on any question concerned with General Skywalker?

Still running through and posting everyone's responses so stay tuned but we don't get to everyone
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Q: Is Unending Loyalty working as intended?The number of turns it lasts sometimes feels inconsistent?
    • A: CG_Miller - There was a bug with Unending Loyalty where it would make Anakin's starfighter unkillable, that was fixed with the latest update. We are paying attention to how this fix plays out and if there is more to address with the ability we will do so.

It doesn't refresh when it's re-applied while active. That's just as frustrating a bug, but I've never seen it make the list.

I'll let the team know it's still a big problem. Thanks

Thanks.

One more thing I noticed regarding the most recent fix is that healing immunity breaks the fix where he's back to unkillable.
  • I've still got a ton of questions to post from the team but taking 5 to eat lunch. Will keep posting their responses shortly but I'm going to stop gathering new questions from the thread.
  • Crap
  • QUESTS & ACHIEVEMENTS

Bounty Hunter Quest 3/7, Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles. Since this quest only works with the dark side Hoth territory battles, why haven't you "fixed" this bug by simply renaming the text to read "Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Hoth dark side Territory Battles"? Renaming the text (in every language of course) would surely be simpler than fixing the code behind it.

Guild Quest, Raid Attempts - Do 4 attempts in the Pit raid. ***WITHOUT*** leaving the guild they are in, how can a player do this quest if their guild ONLY wants to sim the rancor raid?

Bounty Hunter Quest 4/7, Complete Galactic Bounty event tier IV. This quest only can be completed by beating tier 4 of the Galactic Bounty I event, not the Galactic Bounty II event. The quest's description does not mention I or II so the description is vague because of this. Do you (CG) ever have any plans to fix this bug by either updating the description to reflect "Galactic Bounty I event" or making either event applicable? I thinking adding an "I" after the word "event" would surely be far simpler.

1) ***WITHOUT*** leaving the guild they are in, how are players suppose to complete achievements & prestigious quests (see below) that are tied to both the light side and dark side Hoth Territory Battles when their guild is ***ONLY*** willing to do the Geonosis TBs?

2) As you probably already know, powerful guilds tend to only want to do the GeoTBs only. This does not sit well with some players. Have you considered giving guilds the choice or opportunity to do a “bonus” Hoth LS & DS TB, perhaps once, twice or four times year? This would certainly help players complete some of the quests & achievements (see below) that are strictly tied to the Hoth TBs.

• Achievement, The Frozen Rebellion - Earn 45 Stars in a single Hoth LS TB map.
    • Achievement, The Frozen Empire - Earn 48 Stars in a single Hoth DS TB map.
    • Fulcrum Quest 3/4, Defeat Hoth Rebel Assault phase 6 Rogue One mission (only available Hoth LS TB)
    • Bounty Hunter Quest 1/7 - Defeat 50 Wampas with Boba Fett present (Only reliable place found for Wampas is the Hoth DS TB)
    • Bounty Hunter Quest 3/7, Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles (Only works with Hoth DS TB, does not work with DS Geo TB)

Why are we limited to only doing a maximum of three prestigious quests at the same time? Why can't we do them all at the same time?

Are there any plans on creating any new prestigious quests? If so, will you be careful in making them future proof so that the requirements are not based on events that will no longer be available? For example, quests based on Hoth TBs that powerful guilds no longer play. Another example would be Boba Fett's quest of killing Wampas that are not normally found anywhere.

EVENTS

I know you (CG) have said in the past that you don't want both the Hoth TBs and Geo TBs running at the same time. My proposal below, IMO, I think is a good compromise.

Every three months, during a week that GeoTB is not running, give guilds of a certain power level (to be determined) a **CHOICE** to run a bonus LS Hoth TB (and three months later a bonus DS Hoth TBs) for either full or half rewards.

You (CG) have said in the past that:
    • We don't want to use up too much time of the players.
    • We want to make getting players to G11/G12 easier.

I say:
    • If the guild thinks the optional bonus Hoth TB is not worth their time, they won't do it.
    • Having extra bonus rewards will help players reach G11/G12
    • If members of the guild are doing Hoth based quests or achievements, they can progress.
    • The game is not flooded with tonnes of extra rewards as the Hoth bonus "event" would only happen two to four times a year.
    • Some players complain about not having enough things to do. Doing a week long event is something to do.
    • Some players are interested in acquiring Rebel Officer Leia Organa and Imperial Probe Droid shards without having to spend GET2 currency.
    • Because Hermit Yoda, Wampa, Malak and General Skywalker all need GET1 currency, there is an ever greater need to play Hoth TBs as they provide much more GET1 currency.

About the Legendary Journeys (Commander Luke, Jedi Rey, Chewbacca, Jedi Revan etc). Why can’t we play these events eve time the event repeats? You (CG) have already spent money making these events, so how hard could it really be to allow us to play them again just for fun, even if it's for no rewards? We already can play the Malak event for fun. All that being said, why not let us acquire the rewards every time the events repeats? You did say "We want to make getting players to G11/G12 easier." Having extra bonus rewards will certainly help players reach G11/G12.

Are there any plans for Galactic Bounty I/II events to happen more often then once every ~45 days (on average)? Perhaps have each one run once per calendar month? Is a Galactic Bounty III event in the works?

MISC

Have you ever entertained the idea of letting the fans of the game vote on which toon they would like to see next in the game?

About the data cards, I would be willing to spend crystals and/or actual money buying data cards so I can acquire character shards. My issue is as follows. When I look at, for example, the Empire faction pack, of the character shards avaialble, I only have two characters that are below 7 stars. How do I know I will get shards for a character that is below 7 stars? According to the Pack Probabilities, everything is random. This is a great turn off for me and in turn, I don't buy the packs. Have you ever considered tweaking the algorithm so that characters that are below 7 stars get the priority?

There are 2 Sith ships with Sith Empire pilots but the ships themselves none are flagged as Sith Empire. Why not? Before you say it...."Lenders, There is no point to do this. There is no synergy between Sith Empire ships and there is no Sith Empire capital ship". The two U-Wings are flagged as Rouge One as their pilots are Rogue One but there is no Rogue One synergy and no Rogue One capital ship either. Same applies to 501st pilots. No 501st tag for their ships. So just to be consistent, why not flag the two Sith Empire ships as Sith Empire and the 501st ships as 501st?

Some older toons are not available in any store (apart for crystals). Baze for example. Since he and most of these older toons are no longer meta, is there a possibility that the energy requirements to farm them could be lowered (again, I am referring to the ones NOT found in stores)? You had recently done this for Vet Solo & Chewie. Kudos.

QUALITY OF LIFE (QOL)

Some battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in are starting to get tedious. All of the eight round assault battles come to mind. Are there any plans to allow us to sim ALL battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in?

At the moment, there are three prestigious quests that are tied to the ranking in the HAAT (Tank) Raid. The relevant part of the quest is listed below.

• Jedi Knight 4/4 - Earn rank 10 or higher 5 times in the HAAT Raid
    • Jedi Master 1/4 - Earn rank 3 or Better 3 times in the HAAT Raid
    • Jedi Master 4/4 - Earn Rank 1 in the HAAT Raid

In the eventuality that the Tank Raid becomes simmable, will there be any special consideration for the players trying to do these quests or will each player have to ask their guild's leadership NOT to sim the tank raid at least 9 times? Perhaps simply ***designating*** everyone as 1st place and give them 5th, 10th, 15th or whatever rewards?

If a player already has the Tank Tamer title (for being in 1st place in the HAAT/Tank raid), why does that player need to prove himself/herself yet again when they get to Jedi Master Quest 4/4? The game already knows they have done this at least once already.

No so much a question but a suggestion. Please remove 4 dot mods from the mod store. You don't have to replace them with anything, just get rid of the 4 dot mods. While you are at it, please remove the 3 dot mods from the tier 3 of the mod challenges. They serve no purpose.

Can the ingame chat let us know when a raid is completed? It already says when a new phase has begun.

Why can't we have all four kinds of energy listed at the top on the main screen. If there is not enough space, why can't you make the XP bar half the size to free up space?

During the Q&A of September, we had asked you for ship "squads". You had said that you were working on it. Now that a six capital ship has been announced, the need is even greater. Will we have ship squads before the end of the year?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Too late lenders lmao
    TOPIC: Economy
    Q: 2 part raid question:1. Are you going to buff Heroic Sith Triumvirate Raid rewards for people outside of top 10?
    • A: CG_Cyanides - 1. We have no plans on doing this.

Easily the most depressing thing I have read in a long time. This is easily my #1 issue with the game - and to hear it isn't even under consideration makes me just want to throw in the towel.

If I try really hard, I can get top 15 - but almost never can break top 10 in my guild. So the same people every raid almost always get a full piece, and I never get one. It has created this massive imbalance in guilds where some people are literally swimming in this stuff, and everyone else is struggling.

It's been made even worse now that you need some of this stuff to turn in for relic salvage. We were already behind, and now are even deeper in the hole. And apparently, this is just fine with CG.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Forgot to ask whatever happened with the puzzle

I’m guessing it’s going to be for the upcoming legendary toon or sequel content hopefully
  • Play dragon champions instead of this overpriced unfair garbage
  • what's for lunch?
    Peruvian steak sandwich. Back to work for me! More answers going up now
    p9s048o2a28b.jpg

• You've refused to give me an answer on whether or not we will get a Jawa portrait.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    We need answers about why GS event designed the way that only currency hoarders benefited from it? They have new shiny OP toy and I have 5* useless expensive to gear 4x zetas (not applied ofc) garbage... for same investments made to win the event.
    I could buy vault or two to gear him up fast but it's not gonna help - he is literally paperweight at 5* and g11 and can be easily beaten by bunch of squads.

How the event supposed to be most Epic to date turned into such a failure?!
    TOPIC: Mechanics Questions
    Q: Could you explain the priorities of which character goes first in case of bonus turns (or big TM bonuses). For example if Anakin and Padmé get a bonus turn, why can Malak go in between them if Anakin hits him?
    • A: CG_Vyeking - I think CG_Fugitive is better equipped to answer this one
    • A: CG_Fugitive - Bonus turns have priority over standard Turn Meter gain (both from natural Speed and from effects that grant Turn Meter).
      - When multiple units are at 100% Turn Meter due to being granted a bonus turn, the game randomly selects one of them to go next.

@CG_SBCrumb This is not happening with Wat and Han. Per their kits, both are supposed to get bonus turns to start the battle. However, Han always goes before Wat. I tested this by putting Wat and Han on the same team in Galactic War and Han gets a full TM bar to start the battle for his bonus turn while Wat's TM bar remains at zero until Han takes his opening turn.
  • mellamoroberto
    259 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    what's for lunch?
    Peruvian steak sandwich. Back to work for me! More answers going up now
    p9s048o2a28b.jpg

Why do you flaunt your morally-bankrupt consumption of animal products? I thought you were monsters before...

EDIT: OMG! You said no to avocado, too! 😳
  • You've refused to give me an answer on whether or not we will get a Jawa portrait.

I don't believe we have one planned at the moment but maybe one day if we find a good reason!
  • Why are GET materials continuing to be best used EXCLUSIVELY for Epic Confrontation characters? Wasn't it stated recently that there were plans to use this material to unlock gear instead? Seems almost pointless to have gear in the store period at the moment
  • Do you have any idea when we can expect the malak event back? I know of tonnes of gamers including myself that spent money to prep the old republic light sided characters for the p1 of the problems
  • TacoTruckSteve
    6 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Ryanh1315 wrote: »
    Why are GET materials continuing to be best used EXCLUSIVELY for Epic Confrontation characters? Wasn't it stated recently that there were plans to use this material to unlock gear instead? Seems almost pointless to have gear in the store period at the moment

this is why it makes sense to add said characters shards to shard shop.
  • Are we going to get new Tuskens for the new Kenobi show? Is that what you're waiting for to rework/release more of them? :#
    You've refused to give me an answer on whether or not we will get a Jawa portrait.

I don't believe we have one planned at the moment but maybe one day if we find a good reason!

One good reason to add one tomorrow is because they're Jawas and Jawas are the best.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
    You've refused to give me an answer on whether or not we will get a Jawa portrait.

One good reason to add one tomorrow is because they're Jawas and Jawas are the best.

35d7n11n4t5t.png
  • Some how I still have like 20 more answers from Tophat to post. I've got to take a break to get a few other things done but I'll get the rest up before the end of the day
  • dm27hmcb8qq1.png

So then why cant we just sim all of them at once like we do for battles, also why are there only 2 sims in fleet challenges but there are 3 and 5 in non-fleet?
  • [*] A: CG_Tophat - For less than 7* Darth Malak owners we had reason to believe that many of those players were not active on the Forums or Reddit and would not have known that there was a bug (this was true of some of the 7* owners as well). For us, we looked at that group as some people that had somehow just made a ton of progress and then had it all taken away without a ton of context. So, we opted to try to provide them some things to offset the rollback.

Sorry, but this is bizarre logic, and either you know this is bull and hope everyone will just move on and forget it, or you've somehow convinced yourselves that it's reasonable. Crumb posted that there was a bug, and asked the community not to exploit it. I have less than 7* Malak unlocked from the previous event. I did not exploit the bug, as requested. I get nothing while people who ignored your request get a prize. Whether or not it's the case that they didn't know about it, you still took care of them and flipped me off. You're just wrong. If you "did your best" to come up with a solution, your "best" needs work.
  • So is Jedi Luke ever coming to the game?
  • DS GEO TB had a great chance to have the phase 4 dooku mission be dooku vs GK&Anakin followed by dooku vs Yoda but you guys didn't jump on that opportunity. Will LS GEO TB have this match?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    How was lunch?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
This discussion has been closed.