Developer Q&A - 11/01

Replies

• CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Some how I still have like 20 more answers from Tophat to post. I've got to take a break to get a few other things done but I'll get the rest up before the end of the day

Still posting those answers? It’s been awhile and certainly nowhere near 20.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Some how I still have like 20 more answers from Tophat to post. I've got to take a break to get a few other things done but I'll get the rest up before the end of the day

This is why we can't have nice things.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Is there a difference between a leader ability giving 25% potency and one giving +25% potency. I just want to make sure because if it is what I think it is Poe’s leader is utterly useless compared to Finn’s ( Rework maybe? 😃)

I.e: Does the + sign make a difference on the potency increase
  • I think this format works the best.
    I don’t see devs really dodging any questions and taking questions that have been surfacing lately, apologizing and admitting fault at things too.

I hope they keep this format of communication.

Looking for more access to gear and more ways for newbies to catch up quicker.
  • I think this format works the best.
    I don’t see devs really dodging any questions and taking questions that have been surfacing lately, apologizing and admitting fault at things too.

Concerns over GAS being garbage at 5* g11 in relics environment were dodged though.
    What this supposed to mean: "Regarding some of the player specific notes about Malak and how he and Skywalker should be 7*, we've heard these notes but it's not aligned with what we think those characters are: for this state of the game, the ultimate collection achievements."?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    methuselah wrote: »
    So what you're saying is that you have nothing to add to the conversation and that you will continue to arrogantly avoid all player issues...but you are listening!

What are they avoiding?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    I think this format works the best.

Concerns over GAS being garbage at 5* g11 in relics environment were dodged though?

Probably because they are opinions, and poorly informed ones to boot.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/254994716/
    https://swgoh.gg/p/682841274/
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    TVF wrote: »

Concerns over GAS being garbage at 5* g11 in relics environment were dodged though?

I can do that too, tho it makes no sense as I can do the same with g13 squads as well. It doesn't make him less garbage and worth investments we made to unlock and learn how pathetic he is. It supposed to be great achievement but ended up in regrets.
  • Hi there are news about Malak event?
  • And I don't know if dudes really battle or ask shard-mates to remove mods / switch squads :|
  • Lothar1585 wrote: »
    Hi there are news about Malak event?

Soon
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

I can do that too, tho it makes no sense as I can do the same with g13 squads as well. It doesn't make him less garbage and worth investments we made to unlock and learn how pathetic he is. It supposed to be great achievement but ended up in regrets.

Wait.. so you can beat full G13 squads with a 5* GAS at G11, and you want him to be stronger at 5*?

If he was stronger at 5*, imagine how unbelievable he'd be at 7*. I think they achieved a good balance by making him great at 5* without going overboard.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    And I don't know if dudes really battle or ask shard-mates to remove mods / switch squads :|

I know these dudes and I could assure you that they don't ask for any favors, and their squads are good. But I know you won't believe me.
  • Dmitry_M81 wrote: »

Concerns over GAS being garbage at 5* g11 in relics environment were dodged though.
    What this supposed to mean: "Regarding some of the player specific notes about Malak and how he and Skywalker should be 7*, we've heard these notes but it's not aligned with what we think those characters are: for this state of the game, the ultimate collection achievements."?

No changes to epic confrontation characters at this time.
  • TVF wrote: »

Oh yeah? Why’s that? It’s not acceptable to the all mighty TVF to ask for something that crumb said he was gonna do but hasn’t?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Can we see a gg link to assess your squad? Specifically the mods on your 501st.
  • Answers still haven’t been given regarding malak event. Can you shed some light please
  • Dang, I submitted 7 different questions and none of them were answered 😢
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • QOL question that never gets answered. When will be able to switch mods on a whole page of loadouts. This is a really frustrating part of the game. If I switch mods to optimize performance in a raid or tb battle, then it takes me 20 minutes to put them all back.
  • You guys did well here. Thank you.
  • You people? Humans? Neutopians? Whatever you are really, I appreciated this, and also, without doubt, the many sly snipes at the community were hilarious.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Oh yeah? Why’s that? It’s not acceptable to the all mighty TVF to ask for something that crumb said he was gonna do but hasn’t?

Please stop giving him more titles to claim
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Please stop giving him more titles to claim

I'm assuming you noticed I already claimed this one on Discord.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    That's not true. Padme can never go before Malak. Never happened since the release of Padme.
    I'm being running Padme since her release, not for once Padme was able to go before Malak.

Sure the BT from Padme give her 100% and not 99.99%?
    @CG_SBCrumb
    TOPIC: Mechanics Questions

Q: Why when you have a completely deterministic game do you not use a known random seed given to the client before they do a match, this would let you check a result of a match on the sever and prevent all cheating, if you send the client moves at the end of the match back to the server?
    • A: CG_Tophat - The short answer is that it's not how it works and it's complicated. The cheating we see in our game is common to most games with a similar architecture. We haven't been able to give an update on it in a bit, but we're still working with SWGOH.GG to surface the match results through their website. I just pinged them while writing this and the update is that they are currently working on the data and creating some mockups. We're making progress and hope we can go live soon-ish.

Q: Is Darth Sidious ever going to get the Separatist tag, like Jango?
    • A: CG_Miller - Darth Sidious was the true mastermind behind both the Separatists and the Galactic Republic (under his guise as Palpatine). Jango was working directly for the Seperatists the entire time he was on-screen in Attack of the Clones, which is why he received the tag (and tweak to his Payout as well). Since Sidious' time on screen is split between his various machinations, it's a bit more difficult to justify adding the tag (and update to hit kit that would come with it).

Q: Could you explain the priorities of which character goes first in case of bonus turns (or big TM bonuses). For example if Anakin and Padmé get a bonus turn, why can Malak go in between them if Anakin hits him?
    • A: CG_Vyeking - I think CG_Fugitive is better equipped to answer this one
    • A: CG_Fugitive - Bonus turns have priority over standard Turn Meter gain (both from natural Speed and from effects that grant Turn Meter).
      - When multiple units are at 100% Turn Meter due to natural Speed or standard Turn Meter gain, the game randomly selects one of them to go next.
      - When multiple units are at 100% Turn Meter due to being granted a bonus turn, the game randomly selects one of them to go next.
      - When only a single unit is at 100% Turn Meter due to being granted a bonus turn and other units are at 100% Turn Meter from other methods, the unit with the bonus turn will always act next.

Darth Malak can act before Padmé Amidala because both Malak and Padmé are being granted bonus turns, so the game randomly selects one of them to go next

Q: I’ve noticed that some, but not all, of Geonosian Brood Alpha’s stats are shared with the summoned Geonosian Brute.For example, health and offense seem to be shared, but critical damage and tenacity do not.Can you clarify please how Geonosian Brute’s stats are determined?Which of GBA’s stats are actually shared?How does changing the gear level of GBA affect the summoned Brute?
    • A: CG_Fugitive - Geonosian Brute's gear level and rarity are determined by Geonosian Brood Alpha (e.g. Brood Alpha is 6 star with gear level 11, the Brute will be 6 star with gear level 11). These grant it stats based on gear and stat tables we've set up for summoned units. On top of the stats it gains from these gear and stat tables, Geonosian Brute's Speed, Health, Physical Damage, Armor, and Resistance are increased by a percentage of Geonosian Brood Alpha's relative stats. Increasing the gear level and rarity of Geonosian Brood Alpha will increase the stats that Geonosian Brute has on its own, as well as increase the amount of additional Speed, Health, Physical Damage, Armor, and Resistance that Brute receives from Brood Alpha.

Q: With being about Iconic Characters, why a generic named character like ARC Trooper when we have one named in canon called “Havoc” who was in the Clone Wars? And was the only reason you added the 501st tag was to synergize with GAS? He shouldn’t have the tag since “Havoc” was not 501st... Fives, Echo, (and later) Jesse were the only 501st ARC Troopers to exist in canon. ?
    • A: CG_Miller - You answered your own question. Havoc was not 501st, and that tag is needed to synergize with General Skywalker. To this end we chose to go with a generic ARC Trooper instead of Jesse to ease up a little on the art department (who have been doing an amazing job of late).

Q: How is vulture droid able scale and keep up with the power that relic 7 is giving other pilots?
    • A: CG_Miller - For Vulture, Hyena, and Y-wing (all our crewless ships so far) we made sure that their stats scaled in such a way that they can and do remain competitive and vital parts of their fleets at the current maximum Relic level. We had to be very careful that a maxed out crewless ship wasn't dominant in terms of how much was invested into it (i.e. melted face against non-Relic enemies). It was a very fine line but our internal testing is showing the results we were aiming for with these ships.

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited November 2019

Is it ok if I ask crumb now where the other answers he was gonna post are, the ones he didn’t post. Just want to run it thru you, since...you know, you’re the mighty TVF. Wouldn’t want to ruin the nice things around here 🙄
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    Hey Devs,

Is Darth Sidious ever gonna get the Separatist tag like Jango?

Imo, you don't even need to change his kit :smiley:

Best,

Assassin9818

We were just chatting about this and I don't think he's actually a Separatist like Jango. Jango was hired and was working for the Separatists. Sidious is pulling their strings and never direct allies with them. He then turns on the Separatists when its convenient, not exactly a good friend. I'd have to check with our lore experts but that's our initial read

So Sidious never worked with Dooku? Sidious never intereacted with Nute Gunray and directed him to do certain things?. So funny how you won't give Sidious the Separatist tag even though he directs all of their moves for years, but Ahsoka gets a Nightsister tie in with her leadership ability for something that happened in 1 Clone Wars episode.

Yea, I'm not fiery about it but yea sidious was a sep. The character Palatine was simultaneously the head of the republic and the (shadow) head of the seperatist. He was a virus to both factions, but the sidious persona was a seperatist while the Palpatine name is GR
  • Still no update on a tribute portrait for Carrie Fisher... I am starting to think that CG doesn't like her and doesn't want to honor her for whatever reason. :'(
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Is it ok if I ask crumb now where the other answers he was gonna post are, the ones he didn’t post. Just want to run it thru you, since...you know, you’re the mighty TVF. Wouldn’t want to ruin the nice things around here 🙄

So I lost the "all" party of my title already?
This discussion has been closed.