Hsith 1st place rewards

Ok, I'm basing this in my guild's experience, but for a long while it seems that the 1st place rewards for the Heroic sith raid are actually WORSE than the rest of the top 10. Sure, more tokens, etc, but more often than not the 1st place gets ZERO full itens. No g12, no g12+, NADA. Is this just awfull luck or anyone else feels the 1st place rewards are kinda broken?

Replies

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I’ve opened a few good g12 /+ 1st place rewards, but I see your point seems 4-10 get the stuff we want.
    I also believed for a bit the lower ranking rewards were better but, we might be looking at it wrong.

Of course, there are 9 more slots to generate a greater out come then the first slot by its self. Giving a perceived feeling of better gear then the 1st top slot by itself. Place Rewards 1-3 are the same and all 3 should be compared together against 4-10 to get greater sense of value. When I did that... 1-3 win. Since the rewards are random, 3 or 2 maybe better then 1. And I’m okay with that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Can you post your data so we can all see what are referring too?
  • Me and another player are trying to gather this. Me and him alternate the 1st place and we both have this impression as well as other friends. Last night I got 1st and got zero full itens. I think in my last 5 first places I only got 1 g12 full piece. I'll look for the prints and update this.

Anyway, I would really like to know other players experiences.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    It's just random. You have a better chance of crafted items with the top 3 box, but it's never guaranteed. I've gotten 2x crafted gear in 1st place and also zero, and the same for 8th place.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    last maybe 6/8 times I haven't gotten full pieces but before that I feel(* no data, just feels) like I got 2-3, sometimes 4 full ones a lot, so probably just rng, especially bc the lack of full pieces surprised me, which tells me the rewards were good going up to that point. Some of those fulls weren't anything useful, but that's not really relevant to the issue.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Me and another player are trying to gather this. Me and him alternate the 1st place and we both have this impression as well as other friends. Last night I got 1st and got zero full itens. I think in my last 5 first places I only got 1 g12 full piece. I'll look for the prints and update this.

Without collecting actual data, all you will get is how people feel and remember things, this is not likely to lead to any real knowledge about the situation.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Me and another player are trying to gather this. Me and him alternate the 1st place and we both have this impression as well as other friends. Last night I got 1st and got zero full itens. I think in my last 5 first places I only got 1 g12 full piece. I'll look for the prints and update this.

but how do you know it's better if you only track #1?
    I mean sure, #1 often has worse rewards than one of the players ranked #4-10, but that doesn't mean rank 1 rewards are worse than #4-10.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Same for me. It's not even worth being in the top I get better items between rank 4-7.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Valeran wrote: »
    Same for me. It's not even worth being in the top I get better items between rank 4-7.

I like when people don't read the rest of the thread they've posted in.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • We track the top 10. Usually everybody does well. #1 seems to be worse. I tell this from experience, not saying it's broken. Just consistently seeing that #1 is giving bad rewards. Maybe we are just veeeeeeery unlucky, who knows? #1 in the heroic sith raid is a great achievment. Should reward at least 1 full item IMO.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    We track the top 10. Usually everybody does well. #1 seems to be worse. I tell this from experience, not saying it's broken. Just consistently seeing that #1 is giving bad rewards. Maybe we are just veeeeeeery unlucky, who knows? #1 in the heroic sith raid is a great achievment. Should reward at least 1 full item IMO.

Small sample sizes might be experience but they're still irrelevant.
  • TVF wrote: »
    We track the top 10. Usually everybody does well. #1 seems to be worse. I tell this from experience, not saying it's broken. Just consistently seeing that #1 is giving bad rewards. Maybe we are just veeeeeeery unlucky, who knows? #1 in the heroic sith raid is a great achievment. Should reward at least 1 full item IMO.

And that's why I've opened this post and asked for other players experiences.
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I can add my experience on full pieces in general...
    In the last 23 HSTR I always was 1st-3rd, and get a “right side” full piece (G12+) only TWO times, a “left-side” full piece 6 times.....
    ☹️
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    TVF wrote: »

And that's why I've opened this post and asked for other players experiences.

No one will have actual data though. No one ever does.

And yes I see the post above mine.