Commander Gree kit

CC-1004 “Gree”
Relentless Clone Tank who uses enemy turns to his own advantage.
Light Side, Tank, Galactic Republic, Clone Trooper

basic- Regenerative Shot: Deal physical damage to target enemy. Recover 5% health and protection, and an additional 5% for each Clone ally. If Kashyyk Trooper is summoned, call it to assist.

special- Call Reinforcements: Gree summons a Kashyyk Trooper to the ally slot and dispel all buffs from all enemies. Lose all stacks of Reinforced. Gree taunts for 2 turns and gains 1 stack of Clone Army and Kashyyk Trooper gains Stealth and Offense Up for 2 turns. If a Kashyyk Trooper was already summoned, grant it 2 stacks of Clone Army and it is called to assist(cooldown 5).

special- Element of Surprise: Gree deals unavoidable physical damage to target enemy and inflicts Armor Shred. For each stack of Reinforced on him, he recovers 20% health and 20% protection. In addition, deal damage an additional time for each stack of Reinforced on him(cooldown 6).

unique- Protectorate: Gree has +25% defense and +10% max health for each clone trooper ally. Gree gains taunt for 1 turn every time an ally or enemy gains a status effect. [ZETA: The first 2 times Gree reaches 1 health, he gains 8 stacks of Reinforced. Gree cannot be defeated upon reaching 1 health until his next turn, after which he is immediately defeated]

unique- Reinforced: Every time an enemy takes a turn, Gree gains a stack of Reinforced. If Gree reaches 8 stacks, the cooldown of Call Reinforcements is reset and Gree takes a bonus turn. In addition, upon summoning a Kashyyk Trooper, Gree grants it one stack of Clone Army for each stack of Reinforced on him.

Clone Army- upon defeat, this unit is immediately revived and gains a bonus turn

unique- Kashyyk Trooper
basic- Power in Numbers: deal physical damage to target enemy and call a random clone ally to assist. Kashyyk Trooper and assisting ally gain 12% turn meter.

special- Reinforcements Have Arrived!: deal physical damage to all enemies and inflict critical damage down and speed down for 2 turns. Grant one stack of Clone Army to target ally(cooldown 4).

unique- Forest Eye: Kashyyk Trooper has 100% critical chance and his attacks cannot be evaded.

unique- Summoned: same as GBA

what do you guys think?

Replies

• bump :)
  • I like the idea of another clone trooper in the game. With the 501st and General Skywalker we could really use another clone trooper for Shaak Ti. But I'm afraid I have to disappoint you as I can't like this kit idea. First of all I had to copy your post to a word document and then rework a lot of it just to be able to read and understand it completely. That is already a bad sign. After finally fully understanding what was all in it, my fears where confirmed. This kit has way too much in it, much of it is way too broken and there are useless conflicts in it as well. It feels like you started with 4 different kit idea's (one for each role) and then decided to just slam them all together into 1. I'm sorry. I want to like this but this is just broken and bad design.
    I'm not entirely sure where to begin or even what feedback to give. But lets start with his basic. Since both his basic and his summon's basic call an assist, you have create an infinite loop in this kit. If the 2 of them are alone, one of them just has to use their basic and they won't stop attacking until the target is dead. No matter who it is. It also recovers a lot of health, even thou Shaak Ti already recovers lots of health for clones and he has a special that recovers his health and protection as well. Why so much crammed into a basic?
    I'll go for Reinforced next. It's broken. Another character that gains charged on enemy turns is Driodeka. That character consistently has 6-8 stacks on his turn. And he gains Turn meter when he gains a stack as well. So you are pretty much guaranteed to ave 8 stacks on every turn with this character. Meaning he pretty much always uses Call Reinforcements at max stacks. Now that we are talking about that, what;s up with Clone Army? That buff combined with all the insane healing is just broken. You will never kill a summon from him. It's like having Bounty Hunters resolve, except it can be applied extremely easily and often and on top of that, it stacks. Also a summon by nature can't be killed. As they don't count as a defeated character. So those buffs don't just break the character, but the summoning mechanic as a whole. Why not just have Gree summon an ally at the star of battle trough an unique, and then have him resummon the trooper when the summon is defeated while Gree is still alive? This way the summon will be active in battle as long as Gree is alive, thus giving the opponent a reason to target Gree. That s what a thank is supposed to do. Force the opponents to target him first, be it trough taunt or trough a penalty for not doing it. Some even do both.
    His 2nd special, Element of surprise, can heal for 160% Health and Protection...... and can attack an enemy 9 times, with no damage reduction for attacks after the first.... I mean any healing over 100% is already absolutely pointless, but a tank doing massive damage like this at suck low a condition and/or risk and this massive a haling while his basic also does massive healing.... Do I even have to say that this is wrong?
    He also has 2 ways to taunt, which is entirely pointless. The taunt on his passive is more consistent that General Kenobi for crying out loud. Unless someone prevents buffs on him he will taunt 24/7 already with that. The taunt on his special is just useless.
    He also has can't be killed mechanics and bonus turn mechanics on top of all of this..... Just wow.
    I want to like this. I actually think there is a lot of creativity and uniqueness in this idea. But it's just so much in one kit. It makes Both Revans, General Skywalker and Malak look weak. And I haven't actually talked about the summon that much, which also has some broken things in him (thou overall is actually pretty fine). You flew way to close to the sun with this one.

To my opinion you need to reduce the amount of ability's he has to 4. Maybe 5 at a maximum if you have a good reason for it. Tone down each ability a lot as well. Since he will probably go with Shaak Ti, cody and phase 1 trooper. You should look at their kits and think how he can work with those best. According to the wiki his battalion served under Luminara Unduli (yoda only briefly), so perhaps you can look to her kit and see if you can get some idea's or synergy's out of there (something with heal over time or with evasion for example).
    Like I said you definitely have a lot of creativity, just don't try to cram all of that creativity into a single kit. It clearly can't contain it. Look forward to what you come up with next and I will probably be thinking about this myself a lot. My apologies this post ended up being so long, but it's a massive kit idea and I wanted to give a full response.

• darth_dovah
    46 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    I like the idea of another clone trooper in the game. With the 501st and General Skywalker we could really use another clone trooper for Shaak Ti. But I'm afraid I have to disappoint you as I can't like this kit idea. First of all I had to copy your post to a word document and then rework a lot of it just to be able to read and understand it completely. That is already a bad sign. After finally fully understanding what was all in it, my fears where confirmed. This kit has way too much in it, much of it is way too broken and there are useless conflicts in it as well. It feels like you started with 4 different kit idea's (one for each role) and then decided to just slam them all together into 1. I'm sorry. I want to like this but this is just broken and bad design.
    I'm not entirely sure where to begin or even what feedback to give. But lets start with his basic. Since both his basic and his summon's basic call an assist, you have create an infinite loop in this kit. If the 2 of them are alone, one of them just has to use their basic and they won't stop attacking until the target is dead. No matter who it is. It also recovers a lot of health, even thou Shaak Ti already recovers lots of health for clones and he has a special that recovers his health and protection as well. Why so much crammed into a basic?
    I'll go for Reinforced next. It's broken. Another character that gains charged on enemy turns is Driodeka. That character consistently has 6-8 stacks on his turn. And he gains Turn meter when he gains a stack as well. So you are pretty much guaranteed to ave 8 stacks on every turn with this character. Meaning he pretty much always uses Call Reinforcements at max stacks. Now that we are talking about that, what;s up with Clone Army? That buff combined with all the insane healing is just broken. You will never kill a summon from him. It's like having Bounty Hunters resolve, except it can be applied extremely easily and often and on top of that, it stacks. Also a summon by nature can't be killed. As they don't count as a defeated character. So those buffs don't just break the character, but the summoning mechanic as a whole. Why not just have Gree summon an ally at the star of battle trough an unique, and then have him resummon the trooper when the summon is defeated while Gree is still alive? This way the summon will be active in battle as long as Gree is alive, thus giving the opponent a reason to target Gree. That s what a thank is supposed to do. Force the opponents to target him first, be it trough taunt or trough a penalty for not doing it. Some even do both.
    His 2nd special, Element of surprise, can heal for 160% Health and Protection...... and can attack an enemy 9 times, with no damage reduction for attacks after the first.... I mean any healing over 100% is already absolutely pointless, but a tank doing massive damage like this at suck low a condition and/or risk and this massive a haling while his basic also does massive healing.... Do I even have to say that this is wrong?
    He also has 2 ways to taunt, which is entirely pointless. The taunt on his passive is more consistent that General Kenobi for crying out loud. Unless someone prevents buffs on him he will taunt 24/7 already with that. The taunt on his special is just useless.
    He also has can't be killed mechanics and bonus turn mechanics on top of all of this..... Just wow.
    I want to like this. I actually think there is a lot of creativity and uniqueness in this idea. But it's just so much in one kit. It makes Both Revans, General Skywalker and Malak look weak. And I haven't actually talked about the summon that much, which also has some broken things in him (thou overall is actually pretty fine). You flew way to close to the sun with this one.

To my opinion you need to reduce the amount of ability's he has to 4. Maybe 5 at a maximum if you have a good reason for it. Tone down each ability a lot as well. Since he will probably go with Shaak Ti, cody and phase 1 trooper. You should look at their kits and think how he can work with those best. According to the wiki his battalion served under Luminara Unduli (yoda only briefly), so perhaps you can look to her kit and see if you can get some idea's or synergy's out of there (something with heal over time or with evasion for example).
    Like I said you definitely have a lot of creativity, just don't try to cram all of that creativity into a single kit. It clearly can't contain it. Look forward to what you come up with next and I will probably be thinking about this myself a lot. My apologies this post ended up being so long, but it's a massive kit idea and I wanted to give a full response.

I understand these concerns. Many of them went over my head when making it. I modified the kit to be less game breaky.

CC-1004 “Gree”

basic- Regenerative Shot: Deal physical damage to target enemy. Recover 5% health and protection. If Kashyyk Trooper is summoned, call it to assist.

special- Call Reinforcements: Gree summons a Kashyyk Trooper to the ally slot and dispel all buffs from all enemies. Lose all stacks of Reinforced. Kashyyk Trooper gains Stealth and Offense Up for 2 turns. If a Kashyyk Trooper was already summoned, reduce the cooldowns of Gree and Kashyyk Trooper each by 1, and it is called to assist(cooldown 5).

special- Element of Surprise: Gree deals unavoidable physical damage to target enemy. If Gree has any stacks of Reinforced on him, he recovers 20% health and 20% protection. In addition, if Gree is at 8 stacks of Reinforced, he deals damage equal to 10% of his own max health to the target and loses all stacks of Reinforced(cooldown 6).

unique- Protectorate: Gree has +25% defense and +10% max health for each clone trooper ally. Gree gains taunt for 1 turn every time an ally or enemy gains a status effect. [ZETA: The first time Gree reaches 1 health, he gains 8 stacks of Reinforced. Gree cannot be defeated upon reaching 1 health until his next turn.]

unique- Reinforced: Every time an enemy takes a turn, Gree gains a stack of Reinforced. If Gree reaches 8 stacks, the cooldown of Call Reinforcements is reset and Gree takes a bonus turn. In addition, upon summoning a Kashyyk Trooper, Gree recovers 50% health.

unique- Kashyyk Trooper
    basic- Power in Numbers: deal physical damage to target enemy. If it is Kashyyk Trooper’s turn, call Gree to assist. Kashyyk Trooper and Gree gain 12% turn meter.

special- Reinforcements Have Arrived!: deal physical damage to all enemies and inflict critical damage down and speed down for 2 turns. Grant steath to target ally(cooldown 4).

unique- Forest Eye: Kashyyk Trooper has 100% critical chance and his attacks cannot be evaded.

I got rid of clone army, the excessive health recovery, pointless taunt, and assist loop. I also changed up the attack that would’ve one shotted everyone. I think its a little better now.
  • Ichiraikou wrote: »
    I like the idea of another clone trooper in the game. With the 501st and General Skywalker we could really use another clone trooper for Shaak Ti. But I'm afraid I have to disappoint you as I can't like this kit idea. First of all I had to copy your post to a word document and then rework a lot of it just to be able to read and understand it completely. That is already a bad sign. After finally fully understanding what was all in it, my fears where confirmed. This kit has way too much in it, much of it is way too broken and there are useless conflicts in it as well. It feels like you started with 4 different kit idea's (one for each role) and then decided to just slam them all together into 1. I'm sorry. I want to like this but this is just broken and bad design.

I understand these concerns. Many of them went over my head when making it. I modified the kit to be less game breaky.

CC-1004 “Gree”

basic- Regenerative Shot: Deal physical damage to target enemy. Recover 5% health and protection. If Kashyyk Trooper is summoned, call it to assist.

special- Call Reinforcements: Gree summons a Kashyyk Trooper to the ally slot and dispel all buffs from all enemies. Lose all stacks of Reinforced. Kashyyk Trooper gains Stealth and Offense Up for 2 turns. If a Kashyyk Trooper was already summoned, reduce the cooldowns of Gree and Kashyyk Trooper each by 1, and it is called to assist(cooldown 5).

special- Element of Surprise: Gree deals unavoidable physical damage to target enemy. If Gree has any stacks of Reinforced on him, he recovers 20% health and 20% protection. In addition, if Gree is at 8 stacks of Reinforced, he deals damage equal to 10% of his own max health to the target and loses all stacks of Reinforced(cooldown 6).

unique- Protectorate: Gree has +25% defense and +10% max health for each clone trooper ally. Gree gains taunt for 1 turn every time an ally or enemy gains a status effect. [ZETA: The first time Gree reaches 1 health, he gains 8 stacks of Reinforced. Gree cannot be defeated upon reaching 1 health until his next turn.]

unique- Reinforced: Every time an enemy takes a turn, Gree gains a stack of Reinforced. If Gree reaches 8 stacks, the cooldown of Call Reinforcements is reset and Gree takes a bonus turn. In addition, upon summoning a Kashyyk Trooper, Gree recovers 50% health.

unique- Kashyyk Trooper
    basic- Power in Numbers: deal physical damage to target enemy. If it is Kashyyk Trooper’s turn, call Gree to assist. Kashyyk Trooper and Gree gain 12% turn meter.

special- Reinforcements Have Arrived!: deal physical damage to all enemies and inflict critical damage down and speed down for 2 turns. Grant steath to target ally(cooldown 4).

I got rid of clone army, the excessive health recovery, pointless taunt, and assist loop. I also changed up the attack that would’ve one shotted everyone. I think its a little better now.

You still have an endless loop in there with both their basics. You need to add that gee also can only call him to assist during his turn or add a "limited once per turn" clause to both ability's. Other than that thou it does look pretty good right about now. Still think it's a bit too much but that's my personal opinion/preference. Not a problem of the actual kit idea.
    I've actually been working on a kit idea for Gree myself (you've inspired me) that I would like to share with you. Went back and forth on certain aspects of it. Names of ability's are a bit generic but I ended up with this:
    CC-1004 “Gree”
    Light side, Galactic Republic, Tank, Clone Trooper
    Supportive Clone Tank that Reinforces his allies position trough Taunts, Heal Over Time and summons.

Regenerative Shot (Basic)
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and apply Heal Over Time to the least Healthy other ally for 2 turns. If Gee is Taunting, he gains a Heal Over Time effect for 1 turn.

Regroup and Advance (Special) (Cooldown: 3 turns)
    Apply Taunt to Reinforced ally for 2 turns. When this Taunt expires, or if there is no Reinforced ally, Gree Taunts for 2 turns. If allied Leader is a Galactic Republic Jedi, apply 2 Heal Over Time effects to all Galactic Republic allies for 2 turns.

Commander of the 41st (Unique, Zeta)
    At the start on battle, summon a 41st Clone Trooper. When allied 41st Scout Trooper is defeated, summon another 41st Clone Trooper and Gree takes a bonus turn.
    Gain +20% Defence for each active Clone Trooper ally. If the allied leader is a Galactic Republic Jedi, Gree gains +50% Max Protection, all Galactic Republic allies gain +20% Critical Avoidance for each Heal Over Time effect on them and recover 10% Protection when a Heal Over Time Effects on them expires.

41st Clone Trooper (Unique)
    Light side, Galactic Republic, Support, Clone Trooper
    • Power in Numbers (Basic)
      Deal Physical damage to target enemy and call Reinforced ally to assist. If allied Gree is Taunting, call him to assist.
    • Reinforce Our Position (Special) (Cooldown: 3)
      Apply Reinforced to target other non-tank ally until 41st Clone Trooper is defeated or Reinforced is applied to another ally. If target ally already is Reinforced, apply 2 Heal Over Time effects to them for 2 turns instead.
      Reinforced: The first time this unit would be defeated, they recover 50% Health and Protection and 41st Cone Trooper is defeated instead.
    • Reinforcement (unique)
      At the end of each turn, if the ally with Reinforced is Healthier than 41st Clone Trooper, equalize Health and Protection with them. When 41st Clone Trooper is defeated, Dispel all buffs from all enemies, cleanse all debuffs from all Galactic Republic allies and apply 2 Heal Over Time effects on them for 2 turns.
    • Summoned (unique)
      Same as other Summoned

CC-1004 “Gree”

unique- Kashyyk Trooper

You still have an endless loop in there with both their basics. You need to add that gee also can only call him to assist during his turn or add a "limited once per turn" clause to both ability's. Other than that thou it does look pretty good right about now. Still think it's a bit too much but that's my personal opinion/preference. Not a problem of the actual kit idea.
    I've actually been working on a kit idea for Gree myself (you've inspired me) that I would like to share with you. Went back and forth on certain aspects of it. Names of ability's are a bit generic but I ended up with this:
    CC-1004 “Gree”
    Supportive Clone Tank that Reinforces his allies position trough Taunts, Heal Over Time and summons.

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and apply Heal Over Time to the least Healthy other ally for 2 turns. If Gee is Taunting, he gains a Heal Over Time effect for 1 turn.

Apply Taunt to Reinforced ally for 2 turns. When this Taunt expires, or if there is no Reinforced ally, Gree Taunts for 2 turns. If allied Leader is a Galactic Republic Jedi, apply 2 Heal Over Time effects to all Galactic Republic allies for 2 turns.

Captain of the 41st (Unique, Zeta)
    At the start on battle, summon a 41st Clone Trooper. When allied 41st Scout Trooper is defeated, summon another 41st Clone Trooper and Gree takes a bonus turn.
    Gain +20% Defence for each active Clone Trooper ally. If the allied leader is a Galactic Republic Jedi, Gree gains +50% Max Protection, all Galactic Republic allies gain +20% Critical Avoidance for each Heal Over Time effect on them and recover 10% Protection when a Heal Over Time Effects on them expires.

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and call Reinforced ally to assist. If allied Gree is Taunting, call him to assist.
      Apply Reinforced to target other non-tank ally until 41st Clone Trooper is defeated or Reinforced is applied to another ally. If target ally already is Reinforced, apply 2 Heal Over Time effects to them for 2 turns instead.
      Reinforced: The first time this unit would be defeated, they recover 50% Health and Protection and 41st Cone Trooper is defeated instead.
    • Reinforcement (unique)
      At the end of each turn, if the ally with Reinforced is Healthier than 41st Clone Trooper, equalize Health and Protection with them. When 41st Clone Trooper is defeated, Dispel all buffs from all enemies, cleanse all debuffs from all Galactic Republic allies and apply 2 Heal Over Time effects on them for 2 turns.
    • Summoned (unique)
      Same as other Summoned

He's a Commander, not Captain.

CC-1004 “Gree”

unique- Kashyyk Trooper

CC-1004 “Gree”

Captain of the 41st (Unique, Zeta)

• Reinforcement (unique)
    • Summoned (unique)
      Same as other Summoned

He's a Commander, not Captain.

Woops. My mistake.
  • And my comment is gone after trying to edit my mistake.... That sucks
    And my comment is gone after trying to edit my mistake.... That sucks

That's been happening a lot recently, comments vanishing
  • Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I noticed a few more small mistakes in my kit (mostly copy and paste or thing I forgot to remove from previous versions) So here it is again. Updated this time:
    CC-1004 “Gree”

Commander of the 41st (Unique, Zeta)
    At the start on battle, summon a 41st Clone Trooper. When allied 41st Clone Trooper is defeated, summon another 41st Clone Trooper.
    Gain +25% Defence for each active other Clone Trooper ally. If the allied leader is a Galactic Republic Jedi, Gree gains +50% Max Protection, all Galactic Republic allies gain +20% Critical Avoidance for each Heal Over Time effect on them and recover 10% Protection when a Heal Over Time Effects on them expires.

• Reinforcement (unique)
      At the end of each turn, if 41st Clone Trooper is Healthier than the ally with Reinforced equalize Health and Protection with them. When 41st Clone Trooper is defeated, Dispel all buffs from all enemies, cleanse all debuffs from all Galactic Republic allies and apply 2 Heal Over Time effects to them for 2 turns.
    • Summoned (unique)
      Same as other Summoned
    Post edited by Ichiraikou on