Beginning grand arena. Help and information please ? :)

So I’ve just recently reached level 85 although grand arena doesn’t start for 5 days. Could someone help explaining what it’s like entering grand arena. What’s needed? Are you able to play it if ur level 85 or do u need more? Just inform me on anything revolving new players in grand arena that could possibly be helpful information and I’ll be very appreciative. Even new players who have only started grand arena could you tell me about it? Thanks for reading this long post I just have so many questions :D

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    You can certainly play. You may not feel early on that you really have enough decent teams to fill out the defense slots and also attack, so you may wind up putting some pretty weak teams in some of the slots.
  • Have you been in a Territory War? GA is a one on one version of TW.

The number of territories and squads needed for defense varies depending on your division.

Generally speaking you want to think about what squad compositions match up against what. Which ones can win with max health and hopefully protection as that scores more banners. Which ones are hard to beat with max health and protection left as they make a bit more sense on defense as it denies the other guy banners.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    You can certainly play. You may not feel early on that you really have enough decent teams to fill out the defense slots and also attack, so you may wind up putting some pretty weak teams in some of the slots.

This

A good tactic can be to set a weaker defense and try to clear the opponent's board more efficiently with your best squads.

On defense, don't necessarily use strong squads, but ones that may trip your opponent up.
  • Liath wrote: »

Oooh ok thanks very much! :)
  • KyleMate
    16 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

This

A good tactic can be to set a weaker defense and try to clear the opponent's board more efficiently with your best squads.

On defense, don't necessarily use strong squads, but ones that may trip your opponent up.

Oh yes that sounds good. I have a very little teams although I’ve managed to pick up thrawn and empire palpetine so I got an empire squad. I also just picked up cls and r2d2 yesterday. R2 is now my best character power wise so I could work on them teams for attack. I’ve got bastilla 7* which is a team which I could maybe put on defence ? Thanks for your input really appreciate it! :D

• BlackBart wrote: »
    Have you been in a Territory War? GA is a one on one version of TW.

The number of territories and squads needed for defense varies depending on your division.

Generally speaking you want to think about what squad compositions match up against what. Which ones can win with max health and hopefully protection as that scores more banners. Which ones are hard to beat with max health and protection left as they make a bit more sense on defense as it denies the other guy banners.

Ooooh ok I understand. Yeah I’ve played territory war so I understand how it goes now it’s just the same banner concept? If u have full protection and health u get more banners? Sounds good thanks so much!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    KyleMate wrote: »
    BlackBart wrote: »

Ooooh ok I understand. Yeah I’ve played territory war so I understand how it goes now it’s just the same banner concept? If u have full protection and health u get more banners? Sounds good thanks so much!

Yes, there are additional banner opportunities in GA to make it less likely to tie. As in TW, you get the most banners for beating the opposing team on the first try. You also get additional banners for each character that survives and each character that finishes with full health and/or protection, and for any empty slots (e.g. going in with only 4 characters).
    KyleMate wrote: »
    BlackBart wrote: »

Yes, there are additional banner opportunities in GA to make it less likely to tie. As in TW, you get the most banners for beating the opposing team on the first try. You also get additional banners for each character that survives and each character that finishes with full health and/or protection, and for any empty slots (e.g. going in with only 4 characters).

Ah I understand now. So sometimes it’s better going in with less characters if you are able to?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    If you are confident you can win, yes. It’s better to win first try than to go in with an undersized team and lose.
    If you are confident you can win, yes. It’s better to win first try than to go in with an undersized team and lose.

Of course, if u know u could do it with unsized squad then there’s no harm going for it tho :) really appreciate this intel and I’m looking forward to my first GA
  • In the beginning you'll have to put 4 defense teams out there. Front Row, Top & Bottom sections. And Back Row, Top & Bottom Sections. 1 Team Per Quadrant. The long time players with more GP have to place up to 8 teams on defense depending on GP.

Offensively the goal is to beat all 4 defending teams while keeping as much Full Health & Full Protection on your characters.

Bastila is great on offense IMHO because the bonus protection often means I can get a Perfect Score of 60 points for that quadrant.

Fast Teams that slow down the enemy with Debuffs/TM are also solid since you can often kill them before they move.

Defensive teams rock with things like Rezzers & AE's where the AI will last longer & spread damage over the enemy player so that even if they win, they loose points by not having it be a clean victory.

I can't tell you the # of times I've seen victory or defeat by the difference of less than 10 points.

It can literally come down to 1 extra character than maintained full protection.

I try to usually split offense & defense with my teams.
    Try to take best 2 on offense, then #3/4 are my front line Defense.
    Then 5/6 are my 2nd rank attackers, while teams 7/8 are my rear defense.

But it can also vary based on the opponent.

I had one person once that had a DEEP DEEP roster.
    But none of them were really big or well geared.
    So I took my very best Jedi arena team & stuck it on defense because I was hoping that it might hold against multiple teams & cause enough points lost in multiple tries that even w/o them on Offense I might be able to pull off the points to win.

• if you got an okay jedi team, dont put bastilla on D. she dont do that good on D and the extra prot from her leader makes it easier to finish full prot full health extra banner
  • if you got an okay jedi team, dont put bastilla on D. she dont do that good on D and the extra prot from her leader makes it easier to finish full prot full health extra banner

Sounds good mate! I’ll try this 1 thanks 😌

• In the beginning you'll have to put 4 defense teams out there. Front Row, Top & Bottom sections. And Back Row, Top & Bottom Sections. 1 Team Per Quadrant. The long time players with more GP have to place up to 8 teams on defense depending on GP.

Offensively the goal is to beat all 4 defending teams while keeping as much Full Health & Full Protection on your characters.

Bastila is great on offense IMHO because the bonus protection often means I can get a Perfect Score of 60 points for that quadrant.

Fast Teams that slow down the enemy with Debuffs/TM are also solid since you can often kill them before they move.

Defensive teams rock with things like Rezzers & AE's where the AI will last longer & spread damage over the enemy player so that even if they win, they loose points by not having it be a clean victory.

I can't tell you the # of times I've seen victory or defeat by the difference of less than 10 points.

It can literally come down to 1 extra character than maintained full protection.

I try to usually split offense & defense with my teams.
    Try to take best 2 on offense, then #3/4 are my front line Defense.
    Then 5/6 are my 2nd rank attackers, while teams 7/8 are my rear defense.

But it can also vary based on the opponent.

I had one person once that had a DEEP DEEP roster.
    But none of them were really big or well geared.
    So I took my very best Jedi arena team & stuck it on defense because I was hoping that it might hold against multiple teams & cause enough points lost in multiple tries that even w/o them on Offense I might be able to pull off the points to win.

Wow that was a lot of information. Ye I find it where my guild mates and others lose their grand arena by such little points it’s crazy.

I will look back on this advice and try it out. Just picked up cls and r2d2 they are weak atm but still one of my best teams. Working on bounty hunters for chewbacca and they are also weak so I stick them on defence. Got a poor bastilla team but soon I’m gonna improve on it and a decent empire team. That’s kinda it and then I have a few players here and there.

Very small roster atm but thanks so much for the advice it will come in very helpful! 🥰😝