Developer Q&A - 11/01

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    GJO wrote: »
    That's not true. Padme can never go before Malak. Never happened since the release of Padme.
    I'm being running Padme since her release, not for once Padme was able to go before Malak.

Sure the BT from Padme give her 100% and not 99.99%?
    I run Padme daily too, and Malak always goes after Anakin but before Padme if his bonus turn is triggered after Anakin's attack
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Some how I still have like 20 more answers from Tophat to post. I've got to take a break to get a few other things done but I'll get the rest up before the end of the day

Still posting those answers? It’s been awhile and certainly nowhere near 20.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Is it ok if I ask crumb now where the other answers he was gonna post are, the ones he didn’t post. Just want to run it thru you, since...you know, you’re the mighty TVF. Wouldn’t want to ruin the nice things around here 🙄

So I lost the "all" party of my title already?

I was leanin toward the mighty.
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    No answer about make gearing from g8 to g12 faster.. Again...
    Post it with survey... But you ansewer to question who come lately in the topic...
  • Ultra wrote: »
    GJO wrote: »
    That's not true. Padme can never go before Malak. Never happened since the release of Padme.
    I'm being running Padme since her release, not for once Padme was able to go before Malak.

Sure the BT from Padme give her 100% and not 99.99%?
    I run Padme daily too, and Malak always goes after Anakin but before Padme if his bonus turn is triggered after Anakin's attack

Absolutely agree with this. Malaks bonus turn overrides Padmes 100% of the time. CG Fugitive is either wrong or it isn’t working as intended.

• Is there any chance we actually can get Arc Trooper Jesse in game? He's my all time favorite clone so kinda disappointed a generic was chosen instead of him.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Is there any chance we actually can get Arc Trooper Jesse in game? He's my all time favorite clone so kinda disappointed a generic was chosen instead of him.
    They answered this:
    Q: With being about Iconic Characters, why a generic named character like ARC Trooper when we have one named in canon called “Havoc” who was in the Clone Wars? And was the only reason you added the 501st tag was to synergize with GAS? He shouldn’t have the tag since “Havoc” was not 501st... Fives, Echo, (and later) Jesse were the only 501st ARC Troopers to exist in canon. ?

A: CG_Miller - You answered your own question. Havoc was not 501st, and that tag is needed to synergize with General Skywalker. To this end we chose to go with a generic ARC Trooper instead of Jesse to ease up a little on the art department (who have been doing an amazing job of late).
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Is there any chance we actually can get Arc Trooper Jesse in game? He's my all time favorite clone so kinda disappointed a generic was chosen instead of him.
    They answered this:
    Q: With being about Iconic Characters, why a generic named character like ARC Trooper when we have one named in canon called “Havoc” who was in the Clone Wars? And was the only reason you added the 501st tag was to synergize with GAS? He shouldn’t have the tag since “Havoc” was not 501st... Fives, Echo, (and later) Jesse were the only 501st ARC Troopers to exist in canon. ?

A: CG_Miller - You answered your own question. Havoc was not 501st, and that tag is needed to synergize with General Skywalker. To this end we chose to go with a generic ARC Trooper instead of Jesse to ease up a little on the art department (who have been doing an amazing job of late).

I know, thats why I was asking if there's ever a chance in the future. I referenced them saying they chose the generic over Jesse.
  • Q: Why do you ask players to not take advantage of a defect. I.E. Extra Malak shards then reward the player that did get the extra shards with extra GET more than the players that listed and did not try to get the extra shards?Seems to be poor operating procedure and next time I don't see the player base following your request.

A: CG_Tophat - We asked people not to engage in it because we were trying to stop the flow of the additional shards because we didn't know what the response would end up being. At the time we were just trying to get a handle on what had happened and how to fix it as fast as possible. We wanted to contain the exposure of it, because the methods to roll back for a much larger group had more risk. In retrospect, we probably should have the "do not engage in the defect" messaging closer to the pull down we do. However, it wouldn't really change the playerbase's feelings about it. Imagine that we had never said don't engage but still did the compensation. People would be upset still that they didn't get "rewarded" for the exploit. We talked about our theory of fixing this issue on the Galactic War Report and I detail as well down below.

Imagine taking the time to write this much and still not answer the question or address the player concerns surrounding what happened with the (continuing?) Malak debacle.
    Why were rewards distributed unfairly and why were players who followed crumbs directions left worse off than those that didnt because of it?
  • What they did was set the precedence that when a bug occurs, you take advantage of it.
  • Are the Florida Gators going to beat the Georgia Bulldogs today?
    Can we have some free crystals please?
  • I have been ready for the Malak event for far more than the 15 days since the event was screwed up. So I sit and wait with no Malak event. No reasonable compensation. No notification when It’s going to comeback.
    This has filled me with the notion that CG is run by greedy little bean counters and that I should just quit the game. It has further strengthened my resolve to no longer spend money on the game.

Now for my question.
    Are you planning in the near future to do something of significant substance, that will convince us this game cares more about quality of life and good gaming, rather than trying to generate maximum income for minimal effort.

I ask that question because if this wasn’t Star Wars I would have left to play Marvel Strike force long ago. I did in fact leave to play Dragon Champions for 3 days. This Malak fiasco has been the last straw for a lot of players...... If you aren’t planning something of substance to make good on this Malak fiasco please don’t even bother trying to answer my question.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    There was notification yesterday.

And how does continued delays make them money?

Some people here would claim that them giving all their money away is somehow a scam to make money.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I spent money on crystals in order to gear two characters for the Malak event. In the time that the event had been taken down, I could have farmed the necessary gear. I tried reaching out to EA.help but they directed me back to the forums. What is going to be done for me?
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    May 29th Q&A
    "Ideally, we'd release a new tier to the challenges with additional/new rewards in the future."

Sept 5th Q&A
    "Q: Are there going to be a new tiers in daily challenges to make an old gear flow easier with an introduction of Relics?
    A: Cyanides - This is something we have discussed. Personally, I would like to add a new tier that is more relevant to the current power in the game that rewards additional gear"

So GC how long do you need to discuss the gear bottlenecks before you actually do something? :#

• A: CG_SvenGG - This is a multifaceted challenge, so I can't speak to all of it. That said, we're scheduling work beginning with the next title update which should begin to chip away at the fundamental problem of how long it takes a new player to become a viable recruit for existing guilds. We need to respect all existing player investments while opening the funnel, starting with our earliest content and systems. Ultimately there is a blend of marketing, feature, content, and economy to solve this, and those won't happen overnight. We're keenly aware of guild health and are working on it!

This was in response to a question about how hard it is for small- and mid-size guilds to recruit, and to grow their players and becoming more competitive. It seems like a giant miss, then, that the addition of Kyros and GET2 to TW rewards are only for the 3 highest tiers. I'm sitting at 1.4m GP. Our active GP this time around is just over 100m. None of us need kyros any less than the people in the highest brackets. This stunts our growth, and makes it harder to recruit higher GP players that might otherwise help us get into the higher brackets. Scale down the rewards a bit, sure. But not including it at all doesn't make any sense.
  • I have been waiting 4 years playing this game when are you going to add the Hutts into the mix and some pirates. I feel they should have been added before Malik and some of the other Sith. Will there be a supreme leader Kylo added or a Sith Rey? How about some more dark side droids added to the game. We also need the separatist mother ship for the droids and the warriors of Naboo. Is there a release date for land ships/bikes like speeders? What about an update for Darth mall showing his cyborg half for another character? Will there be more Mandalorians added to create a squad? I am still waiting for kid Anikin to be added to the game will that happen anytime soon? My guild is shrinking due to people leaving the game due to its costs is there anything breath taking coming soon?
  • I have been waiting 4 years playing this game when are you going to add the Hutts into the mix and some pirates. I feel they should have been added before Malik and some of the other Sith. Will there be a supreme leader Kylo added or a Sith Rey? How about some more dark side droids added to the game. We also need the separatist mother ship for the droids and the warriors of Naboo. Is there a release date for land ships/bikes like speeders? What about an update for Darth mall showing his cyborg half for another character? Will there be more Mandalorians added to create a squad? I am still waiting for kid Anikin to be added to the game will that happen anytime soon? My guild is shrinking due to people leaving the game due to its costs is there anything breath taking coming soon?
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Synaptic wrote: »
    A: CG_SvenGG - This is a multifaceted challenge, so I can't speak to all of it. That said, we're scheduling work beginning with the next title update which should begin to chip away at the fundamental problem of how long it takes a new player to become a viable recruit for existing guilds. We need to respect all existing player investments while opening the funnel, starting with our earliest content and systems. Ultimately there is a blend of marketing, feature, content, and economy to solve this, and those won't happen overnight. We're keenly aware of guild health and are working on it!

This was in response to a question about how hard it is for small- and mid-size guilds to recruit, and to grow their players and becoming more competitive. It seems like a giant miss, then, that the addition of Kyros and GET2 to TW rewards are only for the 3 highest tiers. I'm sitting at 1.4m GP. Our active GP this time around is just over 100m. None of us need kyros any less than the people in the highest brackets. This stunts our growth, and makes it harder to recruit higher GP players that might otherwise help us get into the higher brackets. Scale down the rewards a bit, sure. But not including it at all doesn't make any sense.

It makes the "tip of the spear" happy. That's all cg is worried about anymore. They could care less about anybody not at the top.
  • Back almost four years ago when I started playing this game I remember reading something about someone asking for Jabba the Hutt to be in the game and I remember thinking that would never work.... and then you added R2.... and then you added C3P-O and now I think maybe it could work and be a very awesome addition to the game... do you think this could be a possibility?
  • Just wanted to thanks to CG for a great game. There is much pessimism out there, but I think that's the nature of "continuous improvement". By its very nature, it's cyclical and more obvious and transparent sometimes more than others. Looking forward to the future!
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Pretty sure there were plenty of other diverse questions. Whoever selected them obviously didnt read the other selections. Literally multiple duplicates delegating them from answering actual valid good questions like when cheating is being fixed.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Gair wrote: »
    Pretty sure there were plenty of other diverse questions. Whoever selected them obviously didnt read the other selections. Literally multiple duplicates delegating them from answering actual valid good questions like when cheating is being fixed.

You think that's a valid good question?
  • I didn't like the answer about Raid Sith's top 10 rewards. In my guild for example, the fight for the top 10 is insane and sometimes you get left out for 10 points or less, even though you've spent credit switching mods and willing to hit every stage of the raid. In my opinion it is unfair. Everyone who hit the raid should receive the same prize. Please CG review this.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    While I agree it's unfortunate, I disagree that everyone who hits the raid should receive the same prize.
  • TVF wrote: »
    While I agree it's unfortunate, I disagree that everyone who hits the raid should receive the same prize.

I am often at odds with TVF but in this case, he is right. If you do better in the raids, you should get a better prize. Whomever got a better score spend time, energy, money or all three to get that better score by upgrading their toons and/or learning how to use their toons more effectively. In turn, they should get a better prize for their investment.

All that being said, I would have no issues getting better rewards for below 10, but top 10 should get the best rewards. Just like 11-24 should get better rewards than bottom 25.

Of course, once the raid becomes simmable, this will all change.
  • What can be done is to set a 20 Million damage target to receive the same prize. Anyway, relics made raid easy and many below the top 10 would deserve good rewards.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    I personally like having to compete against my guildmates. It provides an opportunity to tease each other and whatnot.

That being said, I just wish the gap in the quality of rewards wasn't so pronounced.
This discussion has been closed.