Definitive answer that TW participation is all that is required for TW rewards, please

I can't seem to find an explicit statement either in game, or in the forums from the devs that participation is all that is required, outside of the in game message that says (paraphrasing) "you didn't participate so you get nada". I was always under the impression that banners had to be earned,

But in the situation where you don't set defenses, and you only lose on offense, you would not gain banners. However, you have participated. Do you get rewards in this situation?

Replies

• No, you do not.

Any one signed up for TW that earns 0 banners total will not earn any rewards. Even if they attacked 20 enemy teams and killed 4 toons each time.

I also noticed on the rewards section that the guild must earn a total of 600 banners to qualify for any rewards at all. Not sure if that’s new or not. Whatever, it prevents those GA saboteurs signing up and not setting anything from spoiling TW for their opponent, so that’s a good thing.
  • No, you do not.

Any one signed up for TW that earns 0 banners total will not earn any rewards. Even if they attacked 20 enemy teams and killed 4 toons each time.

I also noticed on the rewards section that the guild must earn a total of 600 banners to qualify for any rewards at all. Not sure if that’s new or not. Whatever, it prevents those GA saboteurs signing up and not setting anything from spoiling TW for their opponent, so that’s a good thing.

Appreciate the input, but there are multiple instances of folks reporting participation, but 0 banners, and receiving rewards.

Which is why I am looking for an explicit statement, either from a dev here, or in game.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Good luck. You're gonna need it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ferril9909 wrote: »
    No, you do not.

Appreciate the input, but there are multiple instances of folks reporting participation, but 0 banners, and receiving rewards.

Which is why I am looking for an explicit statement, either from a dev here, or in game.

Be that as it may, there are multiple reports on this very forum of just the opposite. In fact, I’ve never heard a report of someone earning rewards for scoring 0 banners.

Usually the complaint is people saying they keep all their toons for offence but the enemy gets cleared before they have a chance to attack. One case was a guild who faced an enemy who placed absolutely no defence. Board cleared, match over. Several of the winning guild had not placed defence and did not get rewards.

If you’re wanting to find out definitively, why don’t you or a guildmate signup and voluntarily score 0 banners?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Ferril9909 wrote: »
    No, you do not.

Be that as it may, there are multiple reports on this very forum of just the opposite. In fact, I’ve never heard a report of someone earning rewards for scoring 0 banners.

Usually the complaint is people saying they keep all their toons for offence but the enemy gets cleared before they have a chance to attack. One case was a guild who faced an enemy who placed absolutely no defence. Board cleared, match over. Several of the winning guild had not placed defence and did not get rewards.

If you’re wanting to find out definitively, why don’t you or a guildmate signup and voluntarily score 0 banners?

The instances you're citing don't sound like somebody who attacked and lost, which is where the question lies. If you have zero banners and also never attacked, there's no question that you don't get rewards.
  • Be that as it may, there are multiple reports on this very forum of just the opposite. In fact, I’ve never heard a report of someone earning rewards for scoring 0 banners.

Agree, it's what I saw most often as I was attempting to find the answer. Unfortunately, it supports either side, 0 banners means no rewards AND no participation means no rewards.

The participation situation as I described it is quite infrequent, but they're a few. As such, we had a guildmate recently who was in this situation. He'd signed up for TW, had some RL stuff occur and didn't set D, and then nearly missed out on offense. He thought he had to win and get banners for rewards. If he only needed to "participate" by throwing in a squad and hitting auto without regard for the outcome, it would have been easier for him.

I'd rather not forego rewards if
    1. I am wrong, and
    2. if the question is easily, and definitively answered.
  • The last guild I was in was twar focused. I set no defense and crippled 2 teams so I earned 0 banners.

I got kicked from the guild for 0 banners, but not until after I received the rewards for that twar... which I did receive.

So it's not about banners, but participation.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I do remember the devs mentioning something about a fix for still getting rewards for participating with 0 banners at some point.

Think this was probably it because I know some time ago I did NOT receive rewards for losing on offense.

So basically I'm pretty sure it used to be based solely on banners, but now it is not.
    Post edited by Woodroward on
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    The last guild I was in was twar focused. I set no defense and crippled 2 teams so I earned 0 banners.

I got kicked from the guild for 0 banners, but not until after I received the rewards for that twar... which I did receive.

So it's not about banners, but participation.
    Good to know - @Ferril9909 you have your answer.
  • @CG_SBCrumb any confirmation would be excellent, thanks ahead of time.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Deleted
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH