Time Change

Since we were given a time change last year and I’m sure most changed with DST a few months ago, it appears we can’t change time tomorrow.
That sucks!

Replies

• I have been waiting almost a year to change my time to something that works for me. Just one more month to go.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    We get 2 payout chages a year. DST is twice a year. Spring ahead. Fall back.

The problem is that when they introduced it, not everyone planned ahead several months and changed the times right when it was offered. This leaves players in a spot where they used one, then used the other and now they dont line up with the DLS change.

The offer of 2 times a year makes sense in theory, but in practice should have been 3 or 4.

Or they could have added a DLS "check box" that would automatically do this for us, and leave it at 2 changes for other reasons.
  • Kyno wrote: »

The problem is that when they introduced it, not everyone planned ahead several months and changed the times right when it was offered. This leaves players in a spot where they used one, then used the other and now they dont line up with the DLS change.

The offer of 2 times a year makes sense in theory, but in practice should have been 3 or 4.

Or they could have added a DLS "check box" that would automatically do this for us, and leave it at 2 changes for other reasons.

This! As a result I have to wait 27 more days before my 2 time change allowance resets. And it's going to be the same problem next year. Another example of a good idea with poor execution.
  • I don’t get this. I survived for 2.5 years before they introduced this option. Half the year my arena paid out at 5pm, half the year it was 6pm.

When they introduced the option, changing my PO would have meant sharing arena payout with a new group of people. I considered that a worse thing than having my PO at 2 different times in the year.
  • I'm glad they offered it, I like having my PO at 6pm and my bonus energy at noon
  • In regards to the original post, check it again tomorrow. If I remember correctly, I thought it had to catch up with UTC = 0 before you could change it. When I look at my arena PO now, it says it is 5pm, but my reset is at 12am.
  • I changed mine today to keep the same payout time and my daily activities reset. Anyone else have this issue?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Or CG could ask the Mouse to finally put an end to DST once and for all. Trying to control time is only something the WWII generation could’ve thought up.

Check your history...it was way before ww2
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Or CG could ask the Mouse to finally put an end to DST once and for all. Trying to control time is only something the WWII generation could’ve thought up.

Check your history...it was way before ww2

You underestimate the powers of Disney.
  • Ikami
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I took advantage of the one time reset as well, however the agent set my payout/reset times to X:50. How did he even do that as we only have options of on the hour. It still won't solve the underlying issue though: I waited last year as the time shift didn't impact me, but in January life got in the way and I needed to change to a later time. So, next November I'll be in the same situation and will need a shift. An additional charge or two would help people with sudden life changes.

• I’m more annoyed at their repeated inability to get the raid settings right at time changes. You go to change your auto raid start times and their is no 7pm local time Eastern. And TWO 1am times.
  • I'm eastern, and the clocks have caught up now. I just changed my guild's auto launch times back to our normal 9pm
  • burby888 wrote: »
    I changed mine today to keep the same payout time and my daily activities reset. Anyone else have this issue?

That is working as intended. If you save challenge and GW attempts you can actually complete the dailies twice.

Automatically? No no no, please don't even consider that! That would mess up my game completely, I never changed my time so far and I am not planning it, all daylight savings aside. If something changed and I can't prevent it, it would mess up both of my arena payouts because I would suddenly be in the same po zone as others who normally climb after me. If anything, there would need to be a "Do you want to change or leave everything as is?"-button.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Automatically? No no no, please don't even consider that! That would mess up my game completely, I never changed my time so far and I am not planning it, all daylight savings aside. If something changed and I can't prevent it, it would mess up both of my arena payouts because I would suddenly be in the same po zone as others who normally climb after me. If anything, there would need to be a "Do you want to change or leave everything as is?"-button.

That's what he said, by having a checkbox.

Mine is showing the correct time in game, but the issue is, the time in game does not reflect that the clocks have been rolled back an hour. So... in game it says 1 PM, in reality its 12 PM. This is very strange and I'm not sure adjusting time will "fix it" because if payouts randomly fix themselves, then I miss them unknowingly.
  • Where in the game does it display the time?
  • Kyno is absolutely right, the option should be for 3 (maybe 4) times per year, if only to stave off potential conflicts. I must be in the “did it too soon the first time” group. I did it in the spring when the clocks changed and I’d like to do it now but can’t for another month.
  • I have to wait a month too because the two changes were introduced after DST last November.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

Who you calling a boomer?!
  • Changing it to two changes a year which refresh on Jan 1 v. changes driven from time since last change would fix the issue without having to give 3 or 4 changes.
  • They should fix this, no doubt
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

That's what he said, by having a checkbox.

Would such a "check box" not check and adjust anything automatically, without me having to manually confirm it?