Falling further and further behind

Prev13
Ever since the last update I just keep falling further and further behind. I was sitting about 270 - 190 in squad battles but more and more teams just keep passing me. Your "updates" are great for whales and those who want to spend thousands but us F2P players are not able to compete. You keep saying that everything comes available for everyone eventually but I say ****. I've been waiting for YEARS for general Kenobi Commander Skywalker, Jedi Rey etc but they never become farmable. SOME,maybe, eventually after layer upon layer of secondary and tertiary tiers MIGHT become available in some silly "event " that happens, maybe, every 6 months. Most people don't want to waste their lives developing 7star droids, in order to develop 7 star Ewoks, on order to build something else to get a Chewbacca, or whatever. ENOUGH. Make primo characters farmable by simple means or me, and many other F2P players won't be around much longer. There's no point if it's impossible to even compete in the same arena.

Replies

• Whale harder
    Everything is working as intended
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    I'm not 100% F2P, overall i spent around 10 bucks every month on average since i started playing in Juli '16. I have every raid character at 7* and sit at 4,4 million GP by now. Recently i managed to get to the top of my character arena and climb there every day now.

With smart choices and enough dedication you can go there too even if 100% F2P. Stick to the system or you'll never be strong enough. Love it or hate it, stay or leave. They won't change anything about it.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Whether you like it or not, that is the nature of the development of the game, you want to get good characters, you work on worse ones, it's a ladder, otherwise by now someone could join and farm CLS as their first character. Raid Han has been made more available over the years slightly, as I suspect other raid characters might be, but event characters are accessed through events, that is the purpose of them. They are F2P accessible through time farming, not time waiting for them to be given to you. And that is as someone who is free to play.
  • I haven't spent a dime and the only event toons I don't have are 3PO (by choice) and GAS (because GR has **** for a while). It's just the game. You can't start any RPG and just have the best characters/gear in the game (except for you, Fallout 3).
  • The teams passing you by at 270 aren't whales, they are more focused ftp.
  • Personal suggestion- farm Grevious nuke team if you care about arena or jkr with jka if you're more concerned with raids. Either are extremely eazy teams to get.
  • Can you do Grevious nuke team without ipd?
  • plenty of FTP players can and do compete, dont attempt to speak for "ALL" FTP just because you choose not to farm certain characters.
    ALL characters do come available for everyone but if you choose not to farm for them then thats the choice you make.
    then again guess you want everything for nothing, play the game randomly whenever you feel like it and expect it all to be given to you while other FTP players work hard at the game and compete pretty good with even the whales in the game.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I pondered for a second there if each shard had 250 whales, cg would compete with apple on revenues.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    GK and CLS are farmable?

CG shouldn't change the whole entire game genre because of you. These type of games work like this, MSF and that dungeon game are the same.

I'm F2P and I've been chilling in top 50s because unlike you I'm a smart player.

• I’m not always the most positive person towards CG, but the top teams are freely available for FTP.
    I’m have bought a few small packs here and there, but not more than maybe $100 or so over several years, so no whale.
    I played the game poorly for the first 6 months or so, so have been way off meta compared to my shard. But still, without paying of any real level I’ve worked my way to sit around 60 in squad arena and top 20’in fleet.

You do need to plan out if you want the good toons, and that I can’t see a problem with tbh.
    Plenty of decent starter teams to be farmed, plenty options to get meta teams through dedication, though guys like General Skywalker is not obtainable for most without paying or being very early days player.

Still fine, really. Not too bad for FTP
  • How many characters DO you want to farm, out of curiosity?

Any time I read someone complain about farming, for example, ewoks (which happen to be a very solid defensive team in TWs and GAs as well as countering First Order offensively and getting you C-3P0--in other words doing quite a lot of useful stuff outside of Arena) they never say what they'd rather be doing instead.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • This game is a resource management game. Crystals are the primary resource, and anyone who doesn’t have decent Crystal income will fall farther and farther behind.

You can either purchase crystals or win them in the arenas. Fleet arena might be easier than squad since it doesn’t rely on mod quality.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Ever since the last update I just keep falling further and further behind. I was sitting about 270 - 190 in squad battles but more and more teams just keep passing me. Your "updates" are great for whales and those who want to spend thousands but us F2P players are not able to compete. You keep saying that everything comes available for everyone eventually but I say ****. I've been waiting for YEARS for general Kenobi Commander Skywalker, Jedi Rey etc but they never become farmable. SOME,maybe, eventually after layer upon layer of secondary and tertiary tiers MIGHT become available in some silly "event " that happens, maybe, every 6 months. Most people don't want to waste their lives developing 7star droids, in order to develop 7 star Ewoks, on order to build something else to get a Chewbacca, or whatever. ENOUGH. Make primo characters farmable by simple means or me, and many other F2P players won't be around much longer. There's no point if it's impossible to even compete in the same arena.

you know you have to farm characters to get jtr and cls, right? and be in a guild doing heroic raids to get traya and GK? that's the farm you are looking for.

I did get a chuckle about how you don't want to farm in order to get characters. Heck, I want to retire without working, so I get it!
    NicWester wrote: »
    How many characters DO you want to farm, out of curiosity?

Any time I read someone complain about farming, for example, ewoks (which happen to be a very solid defensive team in TWs and GAs as well as countering First Order offensively and getting you C-3P0--in other words doing quite a lot of useful stuff outside of Arena) they never say what they'd rather be doing instead.

defense team?? ewoks are horrendous defensively in tw/gac. offensively I like them a lot vs, as you said, FO, also carth and some BH too. very fun team
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Ewoks are definitely not a good defensive team unless you're facing a guild/opponent that literally ignores checking mods.

Offense is a different story.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    1) get JKR (pretty easy to obtain), HY (5* is fine), GMY, Bastila, Ani and Jolee
    2) get GMY + Anakin on a decent relic level
    3) get some decent speed and damage (off/CD) mods (mod farming needed)
    4) learn the game mechanics
    You can defeat all other teams then (except for GAS), build the 2 best raid teams for HSR (JKR p2, Ani with NS p3) and it's easy to obtain without having to farm a lot of B-C teams for a certain key char like ewoks for C3PO or OR for Malak. The Jedi's are also one of these squads with a good future perspective as they highly benefit from relics due to their buff spread and abilities powering up their stats such as JKR's leadership or HY's masters training.

It's not hard to be successful even as a f2p.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I'm mostly F2P ('cuz I can't afford much).
    Ask yourself: "Do I want to *play* the game? Or do I want to *win* the game?"

I play because I'm a fan of the franchise. I know I will never be META, and I'm okay with that.

It's fun when my Imperial Troopers take out a squad of Nightsisters, but I also giggle when my strongest squad doesn't even get a turn vs. Ewoks.

It's a game.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    This game is a resource management game. Crystals are the primary resource, and anyone who doesn’t have decent Crystal income will fall farther and farther behind.

You can either purchase crystals or win them in the arenas. Fleet arena might be easier than squad since it doesn’t rely on mod quality.

Sorry but fleet arena relies heavily on good mods
  • It all depends on your focus. All the toons to obtain CLS are farmable, except R2, which is another event toon. The CLS event itself is pretty easy, especially compared to current events.

I'm completely ftp, and am now down to 8 toons to 7* (including Malak, Wat Tambor and GAS) and 5 ships to 7*, with Anakin's fighter being the only one that has been farmable for a while.

While it is quite difficult to be starting out as ftp, if you have been here from the launch you finally do catch up. I can't compete with the whales on my shard, but I never could. I don't expect #1 in the arenas, but I can hit top 50.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    So...... you're falling further and further behind because you are sitting around waiting for the game to change to cater to your desires instead of actually working towards your goals. This is like complaining that you are falling further and further behind your neighbors financially because while they are going to work every day you are sitting at home watching TV and hoping you win the lottery.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    This game is a resource management game. Crystals are the primary resource, and anyone who doesn’t have decent Crystal income will fall farther and farther behind.

I thought stats on mods didn’t affect ship stat at all, only their lvl

They don't, although I think the color might have a minor effect. Regardless, secondary stats (like a +20 speed) are irrelevant.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

True, but also because shards are much smaller (2k vs 20k) and fewer people are willing to invest in ships because of the double investment (ships + pilots).
  • Richfxxx wrote: »

Respectfully disagree. Pilots mods don't care about the stats, they care that they are gold 5 dot (6 dot is better).
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF wrote: »

They don't, although I think the color might have a minor effect. Regardless, secondary stats (like a +20 speed) are irrelevant.

Only the level (lvl 15 > lvl 12) and the number of dots is relevant.
    6 dot mods > 5 dot mods > 4 dot etc.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Only the level (lvl 15 > lvl 12) and the number of dots is relevant.
    6 dot mods > 5 dot mods > 4 dot etc.

That's what I thought too. And then someone (CGDF member but I don't remember which one) showed us that the color (I think) has a small effect on ship GP. Whether that relates to any stats or not, I don't recall.
  • jkray622 wrote: »

That is far less true than it used to be. Crystals are still valuable and useful, but they're not the end-all, be-all they used to be as their value gets diluted by other income streams, and the impact of arena crystals is diminished by the significant increase in crystal income from other sources.
    Still not a he.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

That is far less true than it used to be. Crystals are still valuable and useful, but they're not the end-all, be-all they used to be as their value gets diluted by other income streams, and the impact of arena crystals is diminished by the significant increase in crystal income from other sources.

Not sure I'm following, what other crystal income source besides tb? We would need daily malak event failures for anything to come close xD
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Gary, I don't think this game is for you. Your description of what you don't like is exactly how this game will always be. You don't get shard from wanting and hoping. Sorry, but it's the reality.

C'mon, we all pray to rng gods.