Player harassment

124Next

Replies

• RussianSKS wrote: »
    Let me ask the forums, and I do appreciate any wisdom/insight/advice on this topic.

For several months now, a player in my ship shard has been harassing me because I 'attack him'. I've told him, if you're in a spot that I need to hit my payout, I'm going to attack, goes the same for anyone who's in that spot. That's how advancement works. He then proceeds to inform that his pay out is hours AFTER mine therefore I'm hindering him from advancement. My response was, if yours is hours after mine, you have hours to catch back up. Seems like simple math to me.

Now ... apparently there is a ship shard 'chat' which only the privileged are allowed to enter, and they 'team up' to stall someone's advancement.

Today ... same thing over discord. Messages me, calls me a **** then block himself before I can respond.

I am DEBATING about reporting him in game. Should I?

Heres what you do. You tell him that listen your pay out is way later than mine. If you keep up this behaviour I will make it my sole purpose to ensure you never hit your pay out. Then I would purposely spend all my extra crystals with the sole goal of knocking him out 5 min before pay out every time. Then I would message other people around him in rank and ask them for assistance. I would explain the situation and explain its lesson learning time.

Shard chats are cancer anyone that thinks otherwise is ruining the competitive spirit. There are tons of "mafia" style chats that they all collude in order to ruin everyone's. The only way I've found is to be more petty than them.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    RussianSKS wrote: »
    Let me ask the forums, and I do appreciate any wisdom/insight/advice on this topic.

For several months now, a player in my ship shard has been harassing me because I 'attack him'. I've told him, if you're in a spot that I need to hit my payout, I'm going to attack, goes the same for anyone who's in that spot. That's how advancement works. He then proceeds to inform that his pay out is hours AFTER mine therefore I'm hindering him from advancement. My response was, if yours is hours after mine, you have hours to catch back up. Seems like simple math to me.

Now ... apparently there is a ship shard 'chat' which only the privileged are allowed to enter, and they 'team up' to stall someone's advancement.

Today ... same thing over discord. Messages me, calls me a **** then block himself before I can respond.

I am DEBATING about reporting him in game. Should I?

Heres what you do. You tell him that listen your pay out is way later than mine. If you keep up this behaviour I will make it my sole purpose to ensure you never hit your pay out. Then I would purposely spend all my extra crystals with the sole goal of knocking him out 5 min before pay out every time. Then I would message other people around him in rank and ask them for assistance. I would explain the situation and explain its lesson learning time.

Shard chats are cancer anyone that thinks otherwise is ruining the competitive spirit. There are tons of "mafia" style chats that they all collude in order to ruin everyone's. The only way I've found is to be more petty than them.

Shard chats are only cancer if you think arena should only be ruthless cutthroat and bloodthirsty. If you like being reasonable then shard chats are the best thing ever. The idea that there are tons of mafia style chats is ignorance coming from people who don't participate in chats.
  • Spent a few months holding first prior to the sith changes.

I got harassed so badly on discord by these entitled asswads who couldnt accept unkyloFO could beat CLS rebels on offense and defense at the time and that's all literally anyone else was playing.

It got so bad I uninstalled discord and had to put my facebook and stuff on private and hidden and actually stopped using an email completely after they figured out I have the same name for everything and used that to figure out my name.

I had to change my god **** phone number for fuks sake because from my facebook they got my work and the dumb **** receptionist gave them my "office" number which was temporarily my personal cell phone because they had not gotten me an office phone yet.

I ended up quitting for a while at least half due to this.

There was like 28 of them and i swear they had a harassment schedule pinned in their chat.

Ugh people are such entitled pricks, I was just supposed to accept hundreds of crystals a day because A group or people decided that it was cooler to coorberate than to get better and adjust?

Nope.