What's the Soft-Launch Server Meta?

Could some people who are playing on the uber-stacked soft launch servers (November 2015) share what their arena meta looks like?

I'm on a December launch server, and most people are running QGJ-led speed teams, though there are starting to be some tanky/counter teams showing up. Phasma teams have largely gone away.

Replies

• slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    QGJ is universal meta. Though there are so many droid and Phasma teams in our server too (late november server)
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Top 2 on my server are clone teams with Rex leader
    [SöD]
  • VIII wrote: »
    Top 2 on my server are clone teams with Rex leader
    [SöD]

@VIII Full clone teams? Or some mix of Rex, Fives with Dooku, etc.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    No obviously not full team of clones
    Rex lead
    Fives
    CS
    RG
    HRS/Rey
    [SöD]
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Basically a lot of turn meter
  • Oh right, there's not 5 clones yet.
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    VIII wrote: »
    No obviously not full team of clones
    Rex lead
    Fives
    CS
    RG
    HRS/Rey
    [SöD]

^ this looks like the current favorite lineup. You still lose on D but Rex brings options on offense and is fun to play.
  • If you have a lineup that even wins a 1/4 or 1/3 of the time on defense, that seems like a huge advantage.
  • I'm on the original October soft launch server. 20/30 top 30 teams are Qui-Gon led speed teams. Couple of Phasma/HK droid teams up there as well, but they're more common toward rank 30-100. There are also a few guys like Zar Azi and Rui Daemon taking 1st with Clone and Rebel teams which is cool!

Royal Guard and Rex have already shifted the meta somewhat, another 1-2 good new characters might be enough for a major change.
  • Rui Daemon here.

Majority of our server are QGJ lead, as @BrobiWanKenobi stated. But myself and Zarazi have been testing with different squads (Rex and Ackbar lead), hopefully to help others utilize some underused characters in the current roster.
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    Rui Daemon here.

Majority of our server are QGJ lead, as @BrobiWanKenobi stated. But myself and Zarazi have been testing with different squads (Rex and Ackbar lead), hopefully to help others utilize some underused characters in the current roster.

To be honest the bugs, stealth nerf, drop rates, super high cost of the iap are ridiculuous, but to me what kills the game is when the meta is so stagnant there everyone is using the same cookie cutter builds and the only decising factor is purely RNG. its too boring and predictable!

If you guys have the opportunity and could try using different team, and sharing that more than 1 team works, to me this would make the game more interesting!

Me personally, ive encounter with some different teams in the Arena.. Some high health high damage toon are actually good..

I've lost to a team of Savage, Tusken rider (i swear!), and darksister initiate (cant remember the lead and the other toon).
    Im actually happy that i lost, this prove that oter teams work just as fine, if not better.. :)

for what its worth, i was using Phasma (L), sid, lumi, kylo, and QGJ.. I know, the usual suspects of a F2P :(
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    If you have a lineup that even wins a 1/4 or 1/3 of the time on defense, that seems like a huge advantage.

Yes, you are exactly right. 1/3 would be amazing on defense.
  • I started Dec 3rd, and I think my server started dec 1st.
    Top 4 teams atm.

1. QGJ(L),Yoda,Daka,Rey,Geo
    Me=> 2. Phasma(L), Geo, 86, Poggle, Poe
    3. Poggle(L), Poe, Geo,86, Dooku
    4. QGJ(L), Yoda, Geo, Dooku, FOTP

Top 20 teams leaders
    1. QGJ 8
    2. Phasma 7
    3. HK47 3
    4. Poggle 1
    5. Sid 1

Someone is using Finn and ranked 21st.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    Raven wrote: »
    Rui Daemon here.

To be honest the bugs, stealth nerf, drop rates, super high cost of the iap are ridiculuous, but to me what kills the game is when the meta is so stagnant there everyone is using the same cookie cutter builds and the only decising factor is purely RNG. its too boring and predictable!

If you guys have the opportunity and could try using different team, and sharing that more than 1 team works, to me this would make the game more interesting!

Me personally, ive encounter with some different teams in the Arena.. Some high health high damage toon are actually good..

I've lost to a team of Savage, Tusken rider (i swear!), and darksister initiate (cant remember the lead and the other toon).
    Im actually happy that i lost, this prove that oter teams work just as fine, if not better.. :)

for what its worth, i was using Phasma (L), sid, lumi, kylo, and QGJ.. I know, the usual suspects of a F2P :(

Ive also have a clutch win on a stun tanky team, against daka, Assajj, initiate and another toon i cant remember.. its all RNG when you go against daka..
  • J7000 wrote: »
    If you have a lineup that even wins a 1/4 or 1/3 of the time on defense, that seems like a huge advantage.

Yes, you are exactly right. 1/3 would be amazing on defense.

I would just like to know what my record is each day. Also being able to set a defensive team would be nice.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Raven wrote: »
    Rui Daemon here.

I couldn't agree with you more regarding the monotony of the current meta.

I don't have access to all the characters like a whale would but I've nearly finished a Resistance build (Poe L, Rey, Res Pilot, Finn/Phasma, Royal Guard) that looks promising and has tested well. That's one potential alternative.

However, right now there are only two ways to beat high speed teams with non-meta builds that I can see:

1. be even speedier (a Rebel build like ZarAzi's with Ackbar leading Leia/ST Han/Hoth Scout is theoretically the fastest in the game right now), or

2. take away their speed via turn meter manipulation (eg. Rui's "clone" build using Rex/Clone Sergeant/Phasma/Poe).

The only other faction that I know of that have somewhat decent speed bonuses are Scoundrels: Lando can boost Nute Gunray to 157, and with the right comp there would be a ton of AoE and crit damage potential. I'm currently building both characters, but have my doubts about their viability.

At the end of the day, the only thing you can do to try to influence the current meta is experiment. The players I mentioned above have opened the eyes of many to the untapped potential of rarely used characters like Clone Sergeant and Hoth Rebel Scout, and all they did was take some calculated gambles.
  • Rui Daemon here.

:smiley: I would have tagged you both but I couldn't remember your forum usernames as they are both different from your in-game names.
  • So it's only the weak server like that of Qeltar with few QGJs then. Thanks for clarifying mature servers are mostly QGJ with a few outliers in top 20-30
  • I enjoy testing the meta. Late November server trend went sid/phasma, then started moving toward QGJ a few weeks ago. I started with Bariss as leader with much success but as opposing squads changed I adapted as well. My favorite build right now uses Anakin lead, Yoda, RG, Daka, QGJ, and R. Pilot. It's fun being at the top of arena as only team in the rankings using Anakin leader. I'll swap in QGJ lead though or Dooku support versus fastest teams.
  • Shaakti
    109 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Zarazi here, like what my friends have said, majority of the players are using qgj lead teams.

In the soft launch server, there are currently only 3 of us who run non meta teams. Rui, myself and @Jeks . Who runs an unconventional killer resistance team with Poe lead.

I have a feeling that an empire squad might be on the rise once Magmatrooper becomes farmable, though. :)
  • Lamb
    300 posts Member
    Raven wrote: »
    Rui Daemon here.

Lol he actually said RNG was predictable haha.
  • Im on a early November server my top ten looks like this
    1. QGJ
    2. QGJ
    3. QGJ
    4. Phasma
    5. QGJ
    6. QGJ
    7. QGJ
    8. Poogle
    9. QGJ
    10. Dooku
  • From one of the earliest servers, it's all the same
    There is an Akbar lead rebel team
    There's a Rex lead mixed team.
    Occasionally they change abit, there are droids and there was a clone team.
    Most are qgj though, the top players use rg including myself
  • @Shaakti I didn't noticed you post haha yea its baisically all the same in our server besides yourself and two others. I haven't faced jeks resistance team yet
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    Lamb wrote: »

Lol he actually said RNG was predictable haha.

Err, not sure if trolling or… Hmm, this is awkward.. :|
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Mid november, mine is currently:

Q
    Q
    Q
    Q
    HK
    Q
    Q
    Sid
    Phasma
    HK
    Q
    Sid
    Sid
    Phasma
    Phasma
    Poggle
    HK
    HK
    Q
    Sid
  • I tried using an evade team(such as I could build being a low spender) and my rank tanked. Building a core rebel team right now, and forced to use QG lead to stay up in the top 20. Today I used QG lead, 6* Yoda, 5* Rey, 7* 86, 7* GS. Yesterday I had RP in place of 86. Hard launch leaderboard. Problem is most of the better toons are cantina store...especially those that tie synergies. The rest are hard battle only. As I find doing two cantina refreshes seem to be a better option than regular refreshes, I'm limited in my hard node farms. Farming Rey and Ewok Elder....once I get Rey to 6* I may switch to a different toon(farming her since she dropped, terrible luck).