Okay Light Side Team To Strive For?

Sychael
17 posts Member
edited October 2019
I am a “relatively new player” only been back for a month after 2 years of out of the loop. I want to form a good long lasting all around light side team that works across all modes. I’m currently level 65 and now play every day but don’t have too high of ranks. I hear people talk about end game meta teams. Even though I know this isn’t the most traditional team what would something like this be. I appreciate honesty and advice as well as replacement suggestions. I’m trying to combine my favorite characters with power and versatility:

1. Leader: Bastila
2. Revan (Could Be Switched for Leader)
3. Either- Fisto, Chirrut or GMYoda
4. Either- Luminara or Hermit Yoda
5. Either- Plo, Kanan, Obi-Wan

*I don’t have all these characters yet but are they worth working towards as an “ultimate team” or would this team get demolished as I continue? I appreciate feedback! thanks!

Replies

• Sychael
    17 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I appreciate feedback. What would your tweak of the team above be if you were forming a JKR and Bastila team?!
  • Hi, I have two suggestions for you.

First, quite important...if you are still level 65, I would highly suggest you to start over.. I'm not sure if you are aware, but the people that you are facing in arena are people that started playing when you started (so about 2 years ago) only you stopped playing and you are quite weak, while they are now very strong..you will have a really hard time to be competitive in arena, which means you will get very few crystals, which means your progress will be much slower... If you start over, you can be level 65 again in a month maybe, but in arena you will face enemies much closer to your level, so you will have a fighting chance.

Second, if you start over, there are several guide on what team to focus at the beginning to be able to unlock as soon as possible enough legendary toons.

Going back to your question, if you REALLY want to continue with your account, of the team you are suggesting the best composition is

Revan leader
    Bastila
    GMYoda
    Hermit Yoda
    Obi-Wan

However if possible, put General Kenobi instead of Obi-wan and Jolee instead of Hermit Yoda.

If you use General Kenobi with Padme, then you can keep HYoda o Obi-wan
  • As Sarnek said, those are the toons to go for, but it really depends the state of your roster. If you're far away from these toons, just start over. It sucks but it'll be worth it. Getting to 65 should not take too long if you were to start up, and I'm almost positive you will hit 85 faster if you start from scratch. You'll have more crystals to spend from the arenas, which means more xp in the long run.
  • Thank you for the advises.
  • You really really really should quit the game
  • You really really really should quit the game

Don't listen to this dude.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Restarting used to be standard advice, but with the focus moving toward GAC and decent amount of rewards from that and guild events, continuing is not such the uphill climb it used to be.
  • Sychael
    17 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    xPat3678x wrote: »
    You really really really should quit the game

Thanks. I appreciate the kindness. I did take the majority advice and restarted. The only problem I’m having now is I made a few purchases on the other account. Do you know how to get them on the new one. Progress is one thing, moneys another.
  • Sychael wrote: »
    xPat3678x wrote: »
    You really really really should quit the game

Thanks. I appreciate the kindness. I did take the majority advice and restarted. The only problem I’m having now is I made a few purchases on the other account. Do you know how to get them on the new one. Progress is one thing, moneys another.

You can't transfer any purchase on the new account. :/ i guess you will just have to live with it...
  • Thanks for the response. It’s disappointing how stealing is legal.
  • The devs made this game seriously difficult to come back to if you have taken a break from it. Seems like a terrible business decision to me, but hey if they want to make it more or less impossible to recover from taking a break from the game, so that people don't come back, that's up to them

But yea, the team suggested by the others above will be decent. It's not meta, but it is still a good team and could land you in the 200s in arena, while still being useful in raids, GAC, and other game modes
  • You can never leave ;)

Seriously though, the posters above me are right in saying that If you take a break, you'll be left in the dust. It sucks. Also, huge tip, give CG all of your money and they'll reward you handsomely.

If you restart, spend big bux on 7 star characters ASAP to get to the top of arena, and remain there.
  • I appreciate all the feedback, even though some of it was sassy. But then again the way the game is set up is injust in many ways and can leave anyone who invests in this game in every ways except money bitter and uncontent. I did restart but I used to have Bastila and the rest of the OR crew cause I spent money on that one piece. I don’t want to pay for something I already paid for though. She was by far my best character and obviously beginning to rank those characters up was the path to Revan. That’s the new dilemma.
    I appreciate all the feedback, even though some of it was sassy. But then again the way the game is set up is injust in many ways and can leave anyone who invests in this game in every ways except money bitter and uncontent. I did restart but I used to have Bastila and the rest of the OR crew cause I spent money on that one piece. I don’t want to pay for something I already paid for though. She was by far my best character and obviously beginning to rank those characters up was the path to Revan. That’s the new dilemma.

If you are restarting, generally the best 2 teams available for new players are either Phoenix or First Order. Phoenix is easier to play and helps you get Palpatine and Thrawn (which usually means an Empire team to replace Phoenix somewhere around level 70-80, depending on when you hit the legendaries). There should be 2 priorities for when you start over: arena and Galactic War. If you can’t get into the top 100 in the arena, the rewards aren’t really that great so I wouldn’t get too wrapped up around fighting that hard for a good arena team unless you’re top 100 (which usually requires either hoarding or spending). For galactic war, you should be able to clear it daily (with occasional exceptions, based on who you have to fight). The sooner you get both Phoenix and empire, the easier GW will be to clear, since you can preload turn meter on your empire team on the first match, then blow through all the easy teams with Phoenix who are good at recovering health/protection, and then use your Empire team to break through those tougher teams at the end (which is often only possible with the preloaded turn meter). If you go the First Order route, then I’d probably start farming Jedi ASAP to eventually replace your FO team with bastila and Yoda in the arena, which is a great counter to all the Empire teams you’ll eventually face.
  • Just make a new account and follow the latest leveling guide IF YOU INSIST WITH STICKING WITH THIS GAME

3.5 years ago I was squad number 1 with my HK 88 86 Poggle Poe team. $60 in I quit for 1.5 years and came back, using zFinn arena for 6 months and then the rest working up CLS Chew Han C3 and R2.

Finn got me top 400-300 but it has taken a solid year to get to my teetering rank 80.

Now with that said I am still 2.49 million GP and enjoying winning most Grand Arena.

My fleet sucks. Need HMF. You can still find aspects you like, but the bad decisions you will pay for in the long haul.

Around when GA was coming out I had already started bringing many characters to level 50 just to mod them. Boy am I paying for that.
  • Thanks guys. Why is brjnging Character up to 50 and modding a mistake. An improper use in time of credits and training?
    Thanks guys. Why is brjnging Character up to 50 and modding a mistake. An improper use in time of credits and training?

In the "new" mode, Grand Arena, you are pared against people with similar Galactic power than you. If you level a lot of character to level 50 and add mods, you are increasing your Galactic power a lot, but those toons are still worthless and you cannot use them in combat effectively. If your opponent instead of leveling all toons to 50 has leveled just few toons to level 85, gear 12, you might end up having the same galactic power with 0 chance of beating his strong teams.

So the general advice is: level up and gear up only toons you are going to use (or that you need for events). Leveling just for the sake of it can be problematic in the end
  • Now I understand. I think what you just mentioned is also what I’m running into with arena as well already. Great long term advise. I think I’ve finally gathered through all the feedback and research I’ve done a solid understanding for growing a more healthy team(s)!

WE CAN FINALLY CALL AN END TO THIS THREAD.
  • ahahah good luck man and try to have fun ;) that's the most important thing :)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Sychael wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Why is brjnging Character up to 50 and modding a mistake. An improper use in time of credits and training?

Developing characters, that you have a use for in the near future is never a mistake.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Sychael wrote: »

Developing characters, that you have a use for in the near future is never a mistake.

Exactly, as long as you'll need them that is not a mistake. Now dont have 20+ of these toons, but in GAC these toons can be very helpful in low divisions actually as a back line d, or a easy clear of the opponents lvl 1 toons