Leadership abilities

Can anyone explain the turn order at the start of a battle? For example I expect the turn order to be something like the mods are applied, leadership and then uniques I just want this cleared up so I can figure out somethings instead of doing them different ways and guessing.

To clarify the turn order at the start of a battle before the first turn.

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Everything is applied at the same time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    To simplify, Toon A has 230 speed with mods included. Toon B has 250.

Toon A gets 30 speed from lead.

Toon B gets 5 speed from unique.

Toon A starting speed is 260, Toon B is 255. Toon A goes first.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I misunderstood the question. Someone else will have to help ;)
  • Finch1221 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    To simplify, Toon A has 230 speed with mods included. Toon B has 250.

Toon A gets 30 speed from lead.

Toon B gets 5 speed from unique.

Toon A starting speed is 260, Toon B is 255. Toon A goes first.

Im trying to figure out Ashokas health under Padme lead atm can you show me some calculations?

She has 32485 health +%40 max health (doubled with crit immunity) from unique then and another %50 from Padme lead can you work out what she has at the start of a battle?

I am fairly certain that would lead to this calculation:
    Base Health = 32485

Base + (Base * 40%) + (Base * 50%) = starting health pool

Basically, the percent based bonuses do not "stack" on each other
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I believe all stat boost are worked out from the "base stats" at the start of the battle. They do not have an order, as they do not affect each other.

In that case, I believe it would be :

Total = 32485 + 32485(0.4) + 32485(.5)

The 0.4 would be a 0.8 with crit immunity.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I believe all stat boost are worked out from the "base stats" at the start of the battle. They do not have an order, as they do not affect each other.

giphy.gif
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • EduardoCadav
    390 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    As others said more succinctly above...

1) Base health is calculated from primary stats and flat health added by gear in completed gear levels. For health the relevant primary is strength.
    2) Flat health from gear in incomplete gear levels, flat health from mods and % health from mods (which is calculated of the base health in part 1) are all added to the base health. This is the number you see on the stat table in game before battle.
    3) you enter battle and before any turns are taken the unique and leadership abilities are applied simultaneously and the amount applied when % based is calculated from the modded health. So in your example the calculation would be modded health + health from unique + health from leadership = 32485 + 32485 x 0.8 + 32485 x 0.5

Here's an interesting exception or peculiarity though that I found testing GBA's summon stats. His summon unique occurs before his additional health from leadership is applied. So the brute has 15k less health and protection when GBA is not in the leadership slot vs when he is. That's a clear example where there is in fact an order to the abilities being applied/activated. I was going to test the padme team health with R2 and 3P0 and Padme in GW with palp to see if in that case it really was independent but decided I didn't care enough.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Finch1221 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

giphy.gif

I may not get it but thats epic

Ninja'd.
    When posting on a forum, you submit a post only to find that someone has posted the same thing only seconds earlier.

(Also once again I was not provided the attribution I so richly deserve. Complete salmon to the face.)
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member

Here's an interesting exception or peculiarity though that I found testing GBA's summon stats. His summon unique occurs before his additional health from leadership is applied. So the brute has 15k less health and protection when GBA is not in the leadership slot vs when he is. That's a clear example where there is in fact an order to the abilities being applied/activated. I was going to test the padme team health with R2 and 3P0 and Padme in GW with palp to see if in that case it really was independent but decided I didn't care enough.

The first part of you post is fine.
    The part that is not ok is the one about GBA. The leadership ability of GBA is the one that gives the 15k so when GBA is not leading every Geonosians don't get the +15k health and protection.

The case of R2 as well as others like Sidious is a bit more complex.
    Uniques and leaderdhip are calculated from same initial base.
    This results in R2 gaining the full amount of health from leadership but only passing to others the amount calculated in its ability. I have checked with Padme lead and only the amount from his unique is passed to others.
    The case of Traya lead and Sidious have been tested on other forum threads and found that the increase in potency from Traya lead does not increase the amount of health of Sidious from his zeta unique. He gets the boost from his own potency but not any increase from leadership.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Juzz wrote: »

Yes I assumed this was the case for R2/3P0/Padme combo as it's how it works for everything else I've tested which is why I didn't bother in this case. But,
    Juzz wrote: »
    The part that is not ok is the one about GBA. The leadership ability of GBA is the one that gives the 15k so when GBA is not leading every Geonosians don't get the +15k health and protection.
    I think you missed the point I was getting at here @Juzz

There are two possible orders of operation at the start of battle before the first turn.
    1) GBA's leader ability gives 15k health and protection to all geos present. Then the unique is implemented and Brute is called with his stats based off GBA as if he was called from a GBA not in the leader slot.
    or
    2) The unique is implemented first calling Brute with his stats from GBA and subsequently the leadership takes effect and he is given an extra 15k health and protection that he doesn't have when GBA isn't the leader.

The way it works is case 2. But there's no standard that I know of that would have prevented it being case 1 which is why I tested it.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    edited November 2019

Yes I assumed this was the case for R2/3P0/Padme combo as it's how it works for everything else I've tested which is why I didn't bother in this case. But,
    I think you missed the point I was getting at here @Juzz

There are two possible orders of operation at the start of battle before the first turn.
    1) GBA's leader ability gives 15k health and protection to all geos present. Then the unique is implemented and Brute is called with his stats based off GBA as if he was called from a GBA not in the leader slot.
    or
    2) The unique is implemented first calling Brute with his stats from GBA and subsequently the leadership takes effect and he is given an extra 15k health and protection that he doesn't have when GBA isn't the leader.

The way it works is case 2. But there's no standard that I know of that would have prevented it being case 1 which is why I tested it.

I replied to the "So the brute has 15k less health and protection when GBA is not in the leadership slot vs when he is."

Anyways, it works as case 2 cause the leadership ability as stated by GBA text affects at all times. It doesn't say "at start of encounter" so it will affect any unit it applies to. Either being summoned (at start or at any other time) or revived.
    This leadership triggers when a unit becomes alive and if it is Geonosian.
    So there is no "unique first" or "leadership first" involved.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Let all continue to discuss this at length