I feel bad

Prev1
It’s going on a month now and i still can’t use my $600 character in arena because he just drops like a fly. Still at 5* 40/85 shards. Can only beat scrubs. CG hasnt addressed this as a problem which means this was their plan all along and we have to deal with. I’ve lost my confidence in the game. I’ve lost my confidence in CG. I don’t know whether i should keep playing or just quit. What’s the point. I got played the fool.

Replies

• They actually did address it in the Q & A. They said they don't plan on changing anything anytime soon because they feel Skywalker (and Malak) are end-game plays for people to finalize their collection with. They want people to "earn" it. Also they said people aren't supposed to hoard because these characters are meant to be leveled slow so if you hoarders could just stop that would be great, OK?

Guess who else isn't spending any money on the next meta?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    artusa wrote: »
    It’s going on a month now and i still can’t use my $600 character in arena because he just drops like a fly. Still at 5* 40/85 shards. Can only beat scrubs.

There are multiple 5* on my shard getting top 5. Maybe your team or mods are wrong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • They actually did address it in the Q & A. They said they don't plan on changing anything anytime soon because they feel Skywalker (and Malak) are end-game plays for people to finalize their collection with. They want people to "earn" it. Also they said people aren't supposed to hoard because these characters are meant to be leveled slow so if you hoarders could just stop that would be great, OK?

Then what’s the point of getting him early and spending a lot of money ? People are going to hoard and then get him to 7* around the exact same time i get mine to 7*. All they are doing is encouraging FTP. I’m so stupid. Why did i get him ? I could have just hoarded and waited until the next go around and saved a lot of money. Who the frick spends that much money on a single piece of content anyway ? I could have bought a game console or a bunch of games. All complete with all the characters. Not spending money on stupid gear for stupid characters i don’t want anyway just to get a character that i want who isn’t even really that good unless you count beating scrubs as success.
  • TVF wrote: »
    It’s going on a month now and i still can’t use my $600 character in arena because he just drops like a fly. Still at 5* 40/85 shards. Can only beat scrubs.

There are multiple 5* on my shard getting top 5. Maybe your team or mods are wrong.

There is a guy who is having some success and staying at the top but not because he’s difficult to beat but because everytime he falls he just climbs right back up again. What kind of life is that ? You have to constantly be watching out for arena just in case you fall to climb right back up again as to not fall any further. Some of the other guys who have god mods and modded correctly dont use GS because they fall in to the 40s when they usually stay in the teens with their DR comp
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    You're the one who said "can only beat scrubs."

Yeah, I cannot beat those guys with the god mods
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

And there's multiple people on my shard that can. Which is why I said your issue might be your team or your mods.

And there's multiple people on my shard that can. Which is why I said your issue might be your team or your mods.

There used to be ten to a dozen or so in my shard. They've all gone back to IG's or DR. Shrug.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

There used to be ten to a dozen or so in my shard. They've all gone back to IG's or DR. Shrug.

That wasn't the point of my post. Shrug.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

There is a guy who is having some success and staying at the top but not because he’s difficult to beat but because everytime he falls he just climbs right back up again. What kind of life is that ? You have to constantly be watching out for arena just in case you fall to climb right back up again as to not fall any further. Some of the other guys who have god mods and modded correctly dont use GS because they fall in to the 40s when they usually stay in the teens with their DR comp

wait, so he can't stay on top? as opposed to...? I'd like to know more about teams that stay at the top and don't have to watch out near payout.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

I’ll keep trying.
  • artusa wrote: »
    They actually did address it in the Q & A. They said they don't plan on changing anything anytime soon because they feel Skywalker (and Malak) are end-game plays for people to finalize their collection with. They want people to "earn" it. Also they said people aren't supposed to hoard because these characters are meant to be leveled slow so if you hoarders could just stop that would be great, OK?

Then what’s the point of getting him early and spending a lot of money ? People are going to hoard and then get him to 7* around the exact same time i get mine to 7*.

Exactly. There is no point. You played yourself. Sad but true.

• Gifafi wrote: »

wait, so he can't stay on top? as opposed to...? I'd like to know more about teams that stay at the top and don't have to watch out near payout.

When your DR is 341 BSF 315 and Malak 328. You tend to not get knocked down as much and tend to just get avoided.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

When your DR is 341 BSF 315 and Malak 328. You tend to not get knocked down as much and tend to just get avoided.

I have a 343 DR and 316 BSF and I still get knocked into the 20s or 30s.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

well sure, but I assume that guy isn't in first 24/7. And I don't see what an elite drev squad has to do with a 5* GAS having to worry about dropping
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Mod tips for 5*.

I sadly have to run 5* for now as well. I have no issue beating r7 SE with "god mods".

1. GAS - Protection primary on arrow, triangle, circle, cross. Unlike 7* gas, the 5* version is not your primary damage dealer. Your clones and Ahsoka have to do most of the killing work. This means you need your GAS standing as much as possible.
    2. Rex - fast fast fast fast
    3. Ahsoka & Echo - cd/cc, big offense % secondaries, speed secondaries, offense arrow
    4. 5s - all defense set, protection on arrow cross triangle circle, secondaries with offense, speed, health, prot are all good

You should be able to kill one of the SE before they move. Make sure its HK. If you kill Bastila first, HK will snipe GAS down to sitting in one shot or will nuke 5s in one shot.

Depends on your shard. In some shards those speeds are totally average so you'd drop far still.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Depends on your shard. In some shards those speeds are totally average so you'd drop far still.

I'm not sure a 341/315 is "totally average."
  • Mod tips for 5*.

I sadly have to run 5* for now as well. I have no issue beating r7 SE with "god mods".

1. GAS - Protection primary on arrow, triangle, circle, cross. Unlike 7* gas, the 5* version is not your primary damage dealer. Your clones and Ahsoka have to do most of the killing work. This means you need your GAS standing as much as possible.
    3. Ahsoka & Echo - cd/cc, big offense % secondaries, speed secondaries, offense arrow
    4. 5s - all defense set, protection on arrow cross triangle circle, secondaries with offense, speed, health, prot are all good

You should be able to kill one of the SE before they move. Make sure its HK. If you kill Bastila first, HK will snipe GAS down to sitting in one shot or will nuke 5s in one shot.

I screenshot that one for reference. I'll have to give it a shot soon. I haven't really even bothered getting GAS up to his "max" yet since he is 5*, but might try this.

Are your other toons all r7? What's the minimum there to having them be useful?

Again I haven't put effort in since I found out the 5* issues so I'm inching along upgrading the clones. Echo at r5 hits crazy hard already though
  • Mod tips for 5*.

Maybe I’ll go for HK first but i was under the impression to go for BSF first. And it’s hard to take out SE before they move.

Yeah I'm sure those are statistically top end mods. There may be some shards where many people in the top 50 have those kinds of mods, but I doubt you are finding them outside of that on 99.9% of shards.

Hehe saying they are average is like a guy making $150k a year saying he's middle class when in actuality he's he's a top 5% earner.

There are like 5 guys with around those speeds in my arena. I can manage 330/306/308 but to be honest i still fall into the 20s over night and my 501 falls into the 20s within hours
  • Mod tips for 5*.

I screenshot that one for reference. I'll have to give it a shot soon. I haven't really even bothered getting GAS up to his "max" yet since he is 5*, but might try this.

Again I haven't put effort in since I found out the 5* issues so I'm inching along upgrading the clones. Echo at r5 hits crazy hard already though

Yeah my others are all r7. I'm a huge clone wars fan and had them all r7 in advance of Gsky event, so I can't answer what level they would be useful at (though I would guess 5 would be reasonable).

This was the meta I have been looking forward to the most since the game started.....
  • Disruptor92
    835 posts Member
    edited November 2019

Sorry, I meant average amongst the top ~20/30, not top 50 (or the full shard at all obviously). Also, I did say "some shards", not all shards.

Edit: maybe "average" isn't the most fitting term here. I'd say "normal" or "nothing special" would have been a bit better.
  • I thought it was pretty clear he was unlocking at five star so the fact you spent $600 and your not happy is really your own fault
  • Mod tips for 5*.

Yeah my others are all r7. I'm a huge clone wars fan and had them all r7 in advance of Gsky event, so I can't answer what level they would be useful at (though I would guess 5 would be reasonable).

This was the meta I have been looking forward to the most since the game started.....

I actually didnt even have to spend a ton on this event even though I'm still a semi-new player. I just really like the prequels era and have been focusing on those characters, so I totally feel you. And for reference I don't have a single Revan because I don't give a single **** about KOTOR stuff
  • Not sure why everyone is upset. CG never said GS would be Arena Meta.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Lilpup wrote: »
    CG never said GS would be Arena Meta.

@Darth_DeVito disagrees with you.

(I don't btw)
    Mod tips for 5*.

Maybe I’ll go for HK first but i was under the impression to go for BSF first. And it’s hard to take out SE before they move.

BSF is first kill if you are doing SE mirror; however there is no need to kill her first as a GAS team. Here is why:

Your Rex should move before any SE since he's getting 20% speed You need him at 292 speed to go faster than a DR who goes 350 speed. That's +132 speed which is very reasonable. When Rex goes he will use from up and get everyone else to go as well. When he does this, it will give tenacity up to everyone which will block BSF CMB. She is neutered. This means you can target HK as he is more dangerous to your team overall (giving tenacity down on aoe and also his one shot kill). Your entire team will also now get a turn. 5s should call echo, Ahsoka should use her special, Echo use his basic and reserve his aoe for later.
    Make sure GAS uses his sundering strik against him to ensure you get him killed before GAS goes down.

Yeah I'm sure those are statistically top end mods. There may be some shards where many people in the top 50 have those kinds of mods, but I doubt you are finding them outside of that on 99.9% of shards.

Hehe saying they are average is like a guy making $150k a year saying he's middle class when in actuality he's he's a top 5% earner.

If we are talking about mods, then I'm sure the majoriry of my top 50 can pull those speeds off. But some people don't run SE in my arena so they don't have those mods on these 2 specific toons. But yeah, those are not average speeds in the grand scheme of things for sure.