Caribbean cruise playing SWGOH. Wi-Fi good enough?

Hey guys,

Anyone with any experience? Please mention which company you went with. Was the Wi-Fi good enough to play the game?

Thanks cruise and SWGOH lovers! 😘

Replies

• Disney Cruise WiFi is too expense. But was good to disconnect for a week. My guild understood.
  • On Norwegian it was too expensive as well, but my data plan included Mexico so I could check in then
  • Yah Cruise line can be really expensive so check that out before you try to play. I would guess the network is equivalent to 3G speeds though
  • I took a Carnival cruise a couple of years ago. WiFi was insanely expensive - like $50 a day or something for some very limited speed. I passed.
  • It'd be cheaper to just buy crystals in-game to get whatever you miss while you're away. Cruise WiFi is expensive and usually pretty bad anyway.

Regardless, unplug and enjoy the cruise! This game will be here when you get back. A few days away from the game is good for anyone.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Yes. Norwegian and Royal Caribbean (though I wasn’t actually going to the Caribbean for the latter). I did go with the higher speed option on RC.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    With Royal Carribbean last January I got the faster option, and had no issues. Just remember to put your phone on airplane mode and only allow wifi to avoid ridiculous charges.
  • Buy the unlimited booze and upgraded restaurant packages instead and ignore your device, more fun that way.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Buy the unlimited booze and upgraded restaurant packages instead and ignore your device, more fun that way.

b6m0ye69o1mf.jpg
  • Disconnect and enjoy the trip man, you won't miss much.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    OP, don't listen to all this "disconnect" and "enjoy your family" talk. This trip may cost you a Legendary if you can't log in!
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Buy the unlimited booze and upgraded restaurant packages instead and ignore your device, more fun that way.

b6m0ye69o1mf.jpg

Because you can get fat and drunk at home while staring at your device, staring at your device while on a cruise seems like missing the point to me.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

b6m0ye69o1mf.jpg

Because you can get fat and drunk at home while staring at your device, staring at your device while on a cruise seems like missing the point to me.

So skip the cruise?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Anyone who says to just disconnect and enjoy the cruise obviously hasn’t been on a cruise before. There is A decent amount of downtime and sometimes it’s great to just sit on the deck in front of the ocean and play your favorite game.

Found the whale!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Anyone who says to just disconnect and enjoy the cruise obviously hasn’t been on a cruise before. There is A decent amount of downtime and sometimes it’s great to just sit on the deck in front of the ocean and play your favorite game.

Found the whale!

Yarrr
  • If you buy the wifi ahead of time on their website it'll be cheaper. And you can check regularly for sales, they come and go. Got a buy 1, get 1 @50% off drink package last week.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Shaddes wrote: »

Obviously
  • Karak_Tur wrote: »
    It'd be cheaper to just buy crystals in-game to get whatever you miss while you're away. Cruise WiFi is expensive and usually pretty bad anyway.

Regardless, unplug and enjoy the cruise! This game will be here when you get back. A few days away from the game is good for anyone.

This was my strategy for my last two trips and it worked out great. I just considered the extra $100 of crystals as per of the vacation budget, and left my phone off the whole time. It was a great feeling.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    thread delivers
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I received some WiFi hours from a friend that had connections with Norwegian when I took my cruise, which helped. The cost of WiFi is crazy. You can find WiFi in ports. Just ask your guild to understand - life should come before a game 😁
  • Karak_Tur wrote: »
    It'd be cheaper to just buy crystals in-game to get whatever you miss while you're away. Cruise WiFi is expensive and usually pretty bad anyway.

Go inactive, spend wifi money on Crystal's, is the best choice if u gonna spend.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Karak_Tur wrote: »

Go inactive, spend wifi money on Crystal's, is the best choice if u gonna spend.

Sure, until the day after you leave they announce an event and you miss a character that you were ready for because you were disconnected.
  • Thank you all for your replies. Appreciate it.