has there been a rollback for the 2nd Malak desaster yet ?

Prev1
hey folks,
did I miss it or is a rollback still coming ?
are there 7* Malak‘s out there that should not exist ?

Replies

• I didn’t hear anything about a second rollback so I assume those people got to keep theirs
  • There has not been a second rollback and no mention of it
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    RyuMac_81 wrote: »
    There has not been a second rollback and no mention of it
    So um did all those people that got the extra Malik shards do they just get to keep them? Nothing being said about that. Makes me wish instead of listening I should have hit it too. I'm just saying. Haven't heard nothing about a rollback or anything about those extra shards. What's the deal with that?

lololololol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • If you exploited the bug and got a 7 star malak the first time you got it rolled back.
    But that was a lot of work.... if you did it again you get to keep it. I think it was too much work to do another rollback...

What's really interesting is what will happen if the event gives out even more shards on Friday. Will they pull it a 3rd time or just throw in the towel?

they already gave up on correcting the bonus malak rewards, if the event fails again friday I think they will also give up on fixing the event alltogether...

What I'm really excited about is the return of gas and seeing if we can get him to 7 star for free, only a few people have him 5 star now so when the even comes back like 0.01% of players will have a chance to get free 6 to 7 star gas shards. And if all those people keep their mouths shut next time then the other 99.9% wont know anything is wrong until gas 3rd release.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    link to no second rollback and people being able to keep shards?
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Link to "no second rollback"? Uhh its gonna be hard to post a link to something that doesn't exist.

Let's start with proof that there was a second rollback.

Can you post a link to the existance of a 2nd rollback? This may be difficult for you as well because there wasn't one. Anyone who earned shards still have the shards. Why wouldn't they? Oh ya a rollback, but that didnt happen.

Theres no link to a 2nd rollback that never happen, are you really asking such a ridiculous question?

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Link to "no second rollback"? Uhh its gonna be hard to post a link to something that doesn't exist.

Can you post a link to the existance of a 2nd rollback? This may be difficult for you as well because there wasn't one. Anyone who earned shards still have the shards. Why wouldn't they? Oh ya a rollback, but that didnt happen.

Theres no link to a 2nd rollback that never happen, are you really asking such a ridiculous question?

lol not sure if serious. of course I'm not asking for a link to negative, but surely you can point to cg saying people can keep shards, or maybe a bunch of people posting that they got to keep shards. you're the one claiming there was no second rollback and people kept shards, so back it up. That's how proving claims works.
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    edited November 2019

lol not sure if serious. of course I'm not asking for a link to negative, but surely you can point to cg saying people can keep shards, or maybe a bunch of people posting that they got to keep shards. you're the one claiming there was no second rollback and people kept shards, so back it up. That's how proving claims works.

It's you who is not being serious. At least I hope you know exactly that you are mixing up things. You bring up three different topics and demand one universal answer. I'll split it up for you ;)

"...of course I'm not asking for a link to negative, but surely you can point to cg saying people can keep shards, or maybe a bunch of people posting that they got to keep shards. you're the one claiming there was no second rollback and people kept shards, so back it up..."

Claim 1: "CG saying that people can keep their shards." They did not say that. (If you believe that they would post something like that is up to you. I would rather bet on them sitting it out if they should decide to not rollback the second flaw. But again, only time will tell as long as there is no official statement on how they want to deal with it).
    Claim 2: "People posting that they got to keep shards." People were able to get shards again after the first rollback (see https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/217218/star-forge-showdown-continued-issues#latest). It's not up to them to tell or decide if they want to keep them. They got the shards and have them.
    Claim 3: "There was no second rollback."*** As @BobcatSkywalker pointed out there is no indication that there has been a second rollback. The most obvious part being that an update like that would be officially announced. Even if you think that CG would do a stealth rollback for such an important matter without any statement (which contradicts CG common practice but you seem to imply it) there has been no word of it. So it's up to you to elaborate on why you think there has been a stealth rollback for the second Malak glitch.

//edit
    *** More precisely the initial state is "no rollback" and the claim - your claim - is that "there has been a rollback" but I kept your wording/order for the sake of reference.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    vksg wrote: »
    Claim 1:
    Claim 2:
    Claim 3:
    Claim 4: ...stealth rollback...

But now your response to what you are calling Claim 1/2/3 is to introduce the bolded as what you might call a Claim 4. :o

Can't we all just go back to agreeing that CUP is the best character that was, is, and ever shall be??
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

It's you who is not being serious. At least I hope you know exactly that you are mixing up things. You bring up three different topics and demand one universal answer. I'll split it up for you ;)

"...of course I'm not asking for a link to negative, but surely you can point to cg saying people can keep shards, or maybe a bunch of people posting that they got to keep shards. you're the one claiming there was no second rollback and people kept shards, so back it up..."

Claim 1: "CG saying that people can keep their shards." They did not say that. (If you believe that they would post something like that is up to you. I would rather bet on them sitting it out if they should decide to not rollback the second flaw. But again, only time will tell as long as there is no official statement on how they want to deal with it).
    Claim 2: "People posting that they got to keep shards." People were able to get shards again after the first rollback (see https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/217218/star-forge-showdown-continued-issues#latest). It's not up to them to tell or decide if they want to keep them. They got the shards and have them.
    Claim 3: "There was no second rollback."*** As @BobcatSkywalker pointed out there is no indication that there has been a second rollback. The most obvious part being that an update like that would be officially announced. Even if you think that CG would do a stealth rollback for such an important matter without any statement (which contradicts CG common practice but you seem to imply it) there has been no word of it. So it's up to you to elaborate on why you think there has been a stealth rollback for the second Malak glitch.

//edit
    *** More precisely the initial state is "no rollback" and the claim - your claim - is that "there has been a rollback" but I kept your wording/order for the sake of reference.

lol so
    1. so cg didn't say people could keep shards. ok. I agree
    2. something about people who got shards not telling or deciding to keep them? So you think no one mentioned being able to keep shards? the "deciding" part obv makes no sense as no one can chose to keep or get rid of shards
    3. again, it's on me? people itt claiming people kept shards. All I'm asking is for you back up your claim.

it's also funny that you think this is so important that cg would announce another rollback (in #3), but also that cg won't say people can keep shards and you'd bet they're waiting it out (in #1). so...
  • Tryxa wrote: »
    Claim 1:
    Claim 2:
    Claim 3:
    Claim 4: ...stealth rollback...

But now your response to what you are calling Claim 1/2/3 is to introduce the bolded as what you might call a Claim 4. :o

Can't we all just go back to agreeing that CUP is the best character that was, is, and ever shall be??

Does he hail from Qarth?

//edit

lol so
    1. so cg didn't say people could keep shards. ok. I agree
    2. something about people who got shards not telling or deciding to keep them? So you think no one mentioned being able to keep shards? the "deciding" part obv makes no sense as no one can chose to keep or get rid of shards
    3. again, it's on me? people itt claiming people kept shards. All I'm asking is for you back up your claim.

it's also funny that you think this is so important that cg would announce another rollback (in #3), but also that cg won't say people can keep shards and you'd bet they're waiting it out (in #1). so...

1. So good we agree devs never said they would take the shards back for 2nd event. everyone can conclude that means as of today there has not been 2nd rollback. If anyone thinks there was a 2nd rollback post a link.

2. People got shards, they still have them. Theres no way they can give the shards back, cg has to take them. Everyone seems to agree shards were acquired by players. Proof has been posted and devs co formed this occured. No more link proof required.

3. CG haven't announced a takeback/rollback on 2nd round of malak shards acquired. Everyone agrees that this announcement didnt happen... if you beleive CG announced this please post a link to where this 2nd rollback was announced.

So seems like we all agree on everything 1, 2 3 above but I'm still lost as to why u seem to feel that there already was a 2nd rollback and no one got to keep their shards. This is point 4 the stealth rollback that is a just a conspiracy theory of yours at this point.

Plus...
    Why do you find it funny that CG would be waiting it out before making an announcement on if they do or dont intent to have a rollback? That seems like where we are at with this. I dont see how u could find that funny? What's funny about waiting and monitoring a situation?

OP point is that people have the shards still and CG is quietly doing nothing hoping it just goes away and we all forget that there a bunch if illegitimate 7* malaks that people got without spending GET. Meanwhile they get to use a 7 star malak they acquired from a bug in the game.

Imo CG is just staying silent on the whole 2nd event so they dont have to do extra work involved with a 2nd rollback.

Seems like u think they already rolled everything back and removed the illegitimate malak shards yet CG did all this without saying anything to any players and you know this happened because how?
  • Anyone can make up anything they want and tell people to beleive their story because no one can prove that what they are claiming is a lie. This is what @Gifafi is doing essentially. Claiming people didnt get to keep their 7 star malaks and using the non existance of a post as proof.

Watch.. cg gave our rival guild 2,500 diamonds and a free relics to take all their stuff to r7. CG never said they didnt do this so you cant prove I'm lying. See how that works? Convenient isnt it?

Everyone reading this can see it for what it is. 100% confirmed people got malak shards from a bug in the 2nd event. I'm going to assume they still have those shards and are using their 7 star malak right now until someone provides evidence otherwise.

@Gifafi why dont you start over and give us one shred of evidence to support your position that people DID NOT get to keep their 7 star malaks?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Anyone can make up anything they want and tell people to beleive their story because no one can prove that what they are claiming is a lie. This is what @Gifafi is doing essentially. Claiming people didnt get to keep their 7 star malaks and using the non existance of a post as proof.

Watch.. cg gave our rival guild 2,500 diamonds and a free relics to take all their stuff to r7. CG never said they didnt do this so you cant prove I'm lying. See how that works? Convenient isnt it?

Everyone reading this can see it for what it is. 100% confirmed people got malak shards from a bug in the 2nd event. I'm going to assume they still have those shards and are using their 7 star malak right now until someone provides evidence otherwise.

@Gifafi why dont you start over and give us one shred of evidence to support your position that people DID NOT get to keep their 7 star malaks?

It doesn't work like that. Negatives can't be proven. Positives can. Your scenario can be proven if it happened, same as if people got shards and kept them. If you know of a direct account of such a player, that's good enough for me.
  • @CG_SBCrumb Comment?
    Go Pens!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    If you exploited the bug and got a 7 star malak the first time you got it rolled back.
    But that was a lot of work.... if you did it again you get to keep it. I think it was too much work to do another rollback...

What's really interesting is what will happen if the event gives out even more shards on Friday. Will they pull it a 3rd time or just throw in the towel?

they already gave up on correcting the bonus malak rewards, if the event fails again friday I think they will also give up on fixing the event alltogether...

What I'm really excited about is the return of gas and seeing if we can get him to 7 star for free, only a few people have him 5 star now so when the even comes back like 0.01% of players will have a chance to get free 6 to 7 star gas shards. And if all those people keep their mouths shut next time then the other 99.9% wont know anything is wrong until gas 3rd release.

we'll just keep waiting I guess. let us know please
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Anyone can make up anything they want and tell people to beleive their story because no one can prove that what they are claiming is a lie. This is what @Gifafi is doing essentially. Claiming people didnt get to keep their 7 star malaks and using the non existance of a post as proof.

It doesn't work like that. Negatives can't be proven. Positives can. Your scenario can be proven if it happened, same as if people got shards and kept them. If you know of a direct account of such a player, that's good enough for me.

To be fair, even without a direct proof, it's fairly easy to surmise that at least some players received shards in the second bugged iteration. Otherwise how would anyone know it was bugged?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

To be fair, even without a direct proof, it's fairly easy to surmise that at least some players received shards in the second bugged iteration. Otherwise how would anyone know it was bugged?

received sure, this is about them not being taken back. a few people here seem to think that the second time malak event was bugged cg just said "oh well" and let people keep all their shards they didn't deserve. I happen to think that's ludicrous, and that we would have heard people talking about this. But hey, I could be wrong, you never know

received sure, this is about them not being taken back. a few people here seem to think that the second time malak event was bugged cg just said "oh well" and let people keep all their shards they didn't deserve. I happen to think that's ludicrous, and that we would have heard people talking about this. But hey, I could be wrong, you never know

To play devil's advocate here, if CG did roll them back (and they should have) - why wouldn't CG have stated they had done so?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

To play devil's advocate here, if CG did roll them back (and they should have) - why wouldn't CG have stated they had done so?

If they didn’t I would assume it was bc it was understood. I mean, why pull it if not, and they clearly stated people wouldn’t be able to keep them the first time
  • @Kyno will there be another rollback or did they just say screw it?
  • RyuMac_81 wrote: »
    @Kyno will there be another rollback or did they just say screw it?

Exactly. Couldn't a moderator or someone from the development team just say one way or the other. Then this thread can be wrapped up.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

I don't know, haven't followed what happened really, just as curious. I didn't even have a hearsay account of people grabbing shards. Checked reddit, can't find any talk about this there either.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno will there be another rollback or did they just say screw it?

There are no announcements about it, which means it hasn't happened yet.
  • Spending metrics... just saying...
  • Are they doing any type of compensation for this 2nd failed attempt?
  • I want to keep malak shards !!! Cmon CG where’s my free shards
  • No_Try wrote: »

Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno will there be another rollback or did they just say screw it?

There are no announcements about it, which means it hasn't happened yet.

Is this good enough for you? Devs pulled event because it was awarding malak shards. Mod confirmed those shards haven't been rolled back.
  • Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q