Mother Talzin's unique: "Plaguebearer"

Either the wording in the descript should add, "but not when a unit dies", or it should give Mother Talzin 35% TM ANYTIME a unit falls below 50% health, including death. If the latter is too OP, perhaps Zombie could be the exception?

I mean if an enemy is at 5000, you do 4999 damage, you get rewarded. If you do 1 more damage (5000) and defeat the unit, oh so sorry!??

Personally, I'm ok with NS getting better. The Devs will decide.

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Devs have decided its WAI

When you kill a toon, the unique shouldn't trigger since it never fell below 50% health

Not sure why they would or should change a toon 3 years after its release for no reason
  • Ultra wrote: »

When you kill a toon, the unique shouldn't trigger since it never fell below 50% health

Not sure why they would or should change a toon 3 years after its release for no reason

2, sir! (C)
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Ultra wrote: »

So u technically they never went below 50%. yet they died so they were at 100% at some point and they made it to 0% without going below 50% That's your take on this?

I know it doesn't trigger but op is kinda right that it should in theory.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited November 2019

So u technically they never went below 50%. yet they died so they were at 100% at some point and they made it to 0% without going below 50% That's your take on this?

It makes perfect sense if you think like a game developer (and only then). If a character dies, s/he's completely gone and has no health stat anymore. You can only check if health < (health/2) if there is something to check. But of course from a more reality-based perspective, having one's health drop below a certain threshold is the very definition of dying.

0% is less than 50%. If something has been wrong for a long time, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be corrected.
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Same with Zaalbar's "When any other ally falls below 100% Health, Zaalbar gains Taunt and Retribution for 2 turns." ... Kill an ally with protection, Zaalbar's skill does not trigger.
    Think is the same mechanic ... a toon is attacked and after the attack the game "inspects" the toon ... toon is dead - no more inspection.
    But JKR's Savior triggers. IG-110's unique, too.
    There seems to be a difference between "below 100% or 50%" and "reaches/reduced to 1%"
    Maybe because the one skill gives benefits/buffs to another toon and the other skill prevents a toon from dying.

Let's go back & fire all my high school math teachers. They told us 0% was below 50%.
    ☝️🗯Liars!
    Yes ... an empty glas has 0% content ... but if you take away the glas, there is no content at all to check.

• I just want to have her leadership changed to revive a random NS ally at 51% health. That way through raid Traya's passive damage thing, paper NS drop below 50% health and grant Talzin 35% tm.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

First day playing SWGOH? It’s always been intended so it shouldn’t be right even in theory

Deathmark won’t trigger if you kill any ally or adds before they are < 50% health. Darth Revan won’t equalize if you finish him in one shot with > 50% health

Health loss isn’t a progression bar

Someone at 1k health taking 100 damage goes straight from 100% to 90%

It’s not 100% > 99% > 98% .... > 90%

So yes, toons can go from 100% straight to KO and not trigger any of the health % related abilities
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

I mean if an enemy is at 5000, you do 4999 damage, you get rewarded. If you do 1 more damage (5000) and defeat the unit, oh so sorry!??

Your reward for taking an enemy to 0 health is the enemy dying.

This is consistent with other "if unit falls below X health" mechanics. If you do enough damage to one-shot Darth Revan, he will not equalize health with his healthiest ally.

Seems like it's WAI to me.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Its working this way long time ago.
    Same with royal guard and zaalbar's passive taunt.