So....the Malak rollback was messed up.

Prev1
I had a 6* Malak with 65/100 shards. I completed the Lightside in the second aborted Malak event and received 75 shards for a total of 140/100. I never upgraded my Malak to 7*. Today I have ZERO / 100 shards!!!!!!!!

Replies

• m0rality wrote: »
    I had a 6* Malak with 65/100 shards. I completed the Lightside in the second aborted Malak event and received 75 shards for a total of 140/100. I never upgraded my Malak to 7*. Today I have ZERO / 100 shards!!!!!!!!

Picks or it didn't happen
  • ribv7zm2tpw5.jpg
  • io10lomkuyzf.png
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I'm not doubting you (nor am I asking for pictures) but just wanted to point out that the after picture is useless without the before picture.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • That was taken on the day it happened. I was one of the first to report it.
  • I'd send them to cg/ea and tag @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat and the rest of them. Seems they done messed up
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    m0rality wrote: »
    That was taken on the day it happened. I was one of the first to report it.

I'm not sure how this relates to what I said but ok.

EDIT: nvm you posted the second picture as I was making my previous post and I missed it until just now.
  • Submit a ticket. All you're gonna get from the general discussion section of the forums is salt.
    Still not a he.
  • m0rality
    167 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    That was taken on the day it happened. I was one of the first to report it.

I'm not sure how this relates to what I said but ok.

EDIT: nvm you posted the second picture as I was making my previous post and I missed it until just now.

The point of my comment is that they were aware of this scenario.

Previous reports were for players with a 7* Malak.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    We're talking about two different things (and I already retracted my comment since you posted a second pic) so I'll just move on. Good luck.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Submit a ticket. All you're gonna get from the general discussion section of the forums is salt.

I think that is the point. I am not trying to be evil...but people need to check their shard count.
  • @morality. Same thing happened to me. I was 75/100 before the event and after the rollback the CG message in my inbox said I was gonna get 75 shards of Malak back in my inbox. It didn’t come. I also put in a ticket with customer service who said their is nothing they can do as it was a system wide adjustment and that they couldn’t return the shards. They said only if enough other ppl experienced the issue that it CG might then address it. Here’s the response from them directly. th45b7m1f2w6uw.jpeg
  • Jermunji wrote: »
    @morality. Same thing happened to me. I was 75/100 before the event and after the rollback the CG message in my inbox said I was gonna get 75 shards of Malak back in my inbox. It didn’t come. I also put in a ticket with customer service who said their is nothing they can do as it was a system wide adjustment and that they couldn’t return the shards. They said only if enough other ppl experienced the issue that it CG might then address it. Here’s the response from them directly. th45b7m1f2w6uw.jpeg

It appears that rep is stating that you didnt get the 250 Crystal's and possible shard shop from the first malak rollback. Looks like they failed to properly identify your complaint about having your rightfully earned malak shards taken away.

If they pass this summary on to the studio team they will likely just disregard it as everyone already received their reconciliation plan rewards and there was no issued with people not getting the recon plan gift because it went to all players.
  • Oh trust me. The original response I sent them was very CLEAR. I spelled out exactly what happened. What was supposed to be the after mentioned fix by CG and what I didn’t receive. The generic email on their part was simply their placating my frustrations and the last straw before my retirement from this game...
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm not doubting you (nor am I asking for pictures) but just wanted to point out that the after picture is useless without the before picture.

No it isn’t. We know how many shards drop. Some quick maths shows that 140 - 75 = 65. So, if he has done it once, then the pics show it. And since the data CG has will show how many times he did the event, OP is on the money. Or at least out of the money. Or GET. Or whatever.
  • Jermunji wrote: »
    @morality. Same thing happened to me. I was 75/100 before the event and after the rollback the CG message in my inbox said I was gonna get 75 shards of Malak back in my inbox. It didn’t come. I also put in a ticket with customer service who said their is nothing they can do as it was a system wide adjustment and that they couldn’t return the shards. They said only if enough other ppl experienced the issue that it CG might then address it. Here’s the response from them directly. th45b7m1f2w6uw.jpeg

I am working on it as well behind the scenes.
  • I had a similar problem except that I never activated Malak after completing the event when it wasn't bugged (I think it was the second time the event showed up). After completing the bugged event I got the extra shards, but with the rollback they took away all my shards and now I can't activate Malak or get the rewards from the event. My support ticket response was that I was bringing up an issue with Malak gear and did not address the issue of missing shards that seem impossible to get now. We'll see if my response clarified anything for them...cmghlayig0be.png
    5dy7fx94lwjg.png
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    The biggest problem is that customer service just says yes I understand mhmmm mhhmmha yes yes I understand as you explain the problem because that's what they are taught but in reality they dont have a clue what your talking about and barely even understand English and have never played the game at all so the customer service is totally lost when trying to identify what the actual problem is.

I spent 45 minutes explaining issues only to receive an email about something that wasn't even my complaint and a closed case. This happened more than once so I gave up on their customer service it's a huge joke of untrained non gamers who have 3 months of English training.

For a company that makes 150 million dollars a year on us just on this game I think we customers deserve better.
  • Where do I report issues with poor customer support and EA Answers HQ? Is there a meta customer support for broken customer support?
  • I just got a response from Customer Service saying that they are aware of the issue and are working on a rollback. They also included a link to the update from the first Malak rollback though so...hopefully they're aware of the actual issue?
  • @BeralCator things have been problematic in that regard. Months ago the button to report bugs on Android. You had to go to a desktop to report an issue. Today, I could click the button, but the only option to submit a ticket was via chat. Of course the wait time was 220+ minutes

2fz29izbb9fv.jpg
  • BeralCator
    790 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    @BeralCator things have been problematic in that regard. Months ago the button to report bugs on Android. You had to go to a desktop to report an issue. Today, I could click the button, but the only option to submit a ticket was via chat. Of course the wait time was 220+ minutes

2fz29izbb9fv.jpg

Anyone company that has a near 4-hoir wait for tech support clearly gives no [removed]

Leave out the swearing ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Situations like this are the reason why developers need a community manager....

Does CG still have one of those???
  • This is still not fixed...and no acknowledgement or communication.
  • CG is clearly broken. They have no idea what they are doing. The overwhelming evidence points to absolute incompetence, or willful disdain for their customers. Either way, I don’t see any reason for any player, from F2P to Kraken, to continue to financially support this game. Do so at your own peril.