This Grand Arena is destined to cause many PROBLEMS

Prev1
TrevorPhillphs
108 posts Member
edited November 2019
This GA hasn’t even started yet and I already have a bad feeling that the community are going to hate it at the end for several reasons:

1. Rewards at the end of each weekly event are lot less incentivising. I recently got my first zetad ability where I relied on about 5 of them from the GA. Lower levelled players are gonna find it a lot harder to get these now. For me at least, I need mk3 ship mats and have an abundance of ship omegas, not to mention that any sane person would value 2 zetas over 6 ship omegas 🙄🙄🙄 for a weeks work of battles. WHY REMOVE ZETAS, THE MAIN REASON PEOPLE PLAY THIS EVENT

2. Ships just don’t work in GA in my opinion, especially for lower GP players and I’ve heard many others complaining. For my level, it is hard to even get two good fleet squads so either my offence fleet or defence fleet will absolutely suck and this will affect other lower levelled and GP players. Meanwhile, I’ve heard, but don’t know tbf, that for higher GP players, whoever has the negotiator will dominate the fleet side of this GA, where every territory conquest is key to victory so people can’t argue how it is only one territory space as it’s 150 banners

3. The New Player Lock is ridiculous and I cannot genuinely believe it is something the devs planned. It will be impossible to check your opponents roster and stats, many which determine a battles outcome. At least add a leave option instead of forcing me and others to be unable to add gear etc to key toons to set for defence etc. Many will try and join last minute and likely forget or miss the join period and so are out of the event for a whole week

In case any asks, I am high division 10 and could’ve broken into division 9 if it wasn’t for the weird new player lock system

Replies

• Rewards are worth EVEN LESS than before - they removed zetas from rewards.
  • I'm ok with it until the cheating can be better monitored.
  • In case any asks, I am high division 10 and could’ve broken into division 9 if it wasn’t for the weird new player lock system

No you couldn't have (unless you crossed the threshold before the event started). Divisions are locked when the GAC launches. Not when you join a GA round.

• Broxxor wrote: »
    Rewards are worth EVEN LESS than before - they removed zetas from rewards.

As I stated, I agree. Stupid Decision that’ll only create negative outcomes
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    In case any asks, I am high division 10 and could’ve broken into division 9 if it wasn’t for the weird new player lock system

No you couldn't have (unless you crossed the threshold before the event started). Divisions are locked when the GAC launches. Not when you join a GA round.

My bad but that’s not the main point here...

• That’s why I started hoarding zetas until they are G12 and ready for it.

930g4xk6d4uc.png
  • DJayK3 wrote: »
    That’s why I started hoarding zetas until they are G12 and ready for it.

930g4xk6d4uc.png

Couldn’t resist giving palpatine his leader zeta 😤😤😤

Problem is everyone I face has zetas so unless I use them I’m at a huge disadvantage
  • DJayK3 wrote: »
    That’s why I started hoarding zetas until they are G12 and ready for it.

930g4xk6d4uc.png

@Edward ?
  • Lol 313 zetas
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Hm, is the lack of zetas tied to fleets being included in this championship? I admit the lack of zetas is pretty lame and the rewards aren't that great--I'll take the regular omegas but I'm not so hard pressed to get top three now--this time around.

Not sure if I like where they put the fleet territory either; with it there I'm tempted to just set a trash fleet. Wouldn't a diamond-shaped territory in the middle been a better place for a fleet territory? Possibly providing air support--like the abilities we get from platoons in TB--based on which capital ship we have set or the ships set in the fleet. Would incentivize getting access to that fleet territory ASAP and add a little flavor to GA.

Edit: @DJayK3 the hoard is strong in this one.
  • No zetas equals no effort on my part. I’ll join and get last place rewards. Ridiculous that a multi-week event that’s one of the features of the game doesn’t reward zetas when it has before.

• Avaiam wrote: »
    No zetas equals no effort on my part. I’ll join and get last place rewards. Ridiculous that a multi-week event that’s one of the features of the game doesn’t reward zetas when it has before.

Fleet GA has never rewarded zeta mats. But they could throw in more omegas to make up for it. I'm sure everyone needs those too.
  • Avaiam wrote: »
    No zetas equals no effort on my part. I’ll join and get last place rewards. Ridiculous that a multi-week event that’s one of the features of the game doesn’t reward zetas when it has before.

Fleet GA has never rewarded zeta mats. But they could throw in more omegas to make up for it. I'm sure everyone needs those too.

Only losers need omegas
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited November 2019

2. Ships just don’t work in GA in my opinion, especially for lower GP players and I’ve heard many others complaining. For my level, it is hard to even get two good fleet squads so either my offence fleet or defence fleet will absolutely suck and this will affect other lower levelled and GP players. Meanwhile, I’ve heard, but don’t know tbf, that for higher GP players, whoever has the negotiator will dominate the fleet side of this GA, where every territory conquest is key to victory so people can’t argue how it is only one territory space as it’s 150 banners

Low-GP players also struggle to place all defensive squads while keeping enough for the attack phase. If you only have one serviceable fleet, it seems wisest to keep it for offense. If your opponent puts his one good fleet on defense, chances are you can beat it courtesy of the crappy AI. If both of you put garbage on defense, you beat each others leftovers and score about the same amount of banners. You have to make very similar strategic decisions in the squad section.

As for Negotiator, as long as it's 5* you have a good chance of defeating it with a decent rebel fleet. Maybe a better chance than winning a mirror match. I see people on my fleet shard switch back to their Home One fleets when they climb against Negotiators, which leads me to believe that GR mirror matches aren't the most enjoyable or predictable of gaming experiences.

ETA: Neither are rebel fleet mirror matches of course. So it ultimately doesn't matter to me if my opponent puts H1 or Negotiator on defense. Unless I have a considerable gear advantage, I'll be at the mercy of RNG.
  • WHY REMOVE ZETAS, THE MAIN REASON PEOPLE PLAY THIS EVENT

They didn't "remove" them....ship GAs have always had ship omegas instead of zetas for group rewards.
    Ships just don’t work in GA in my opinion, especially for lower GP players and I’ve heard many others complaining. For my level, it is hard to even get two good fleet squads so either my offence fleet or defence fleet will absolutely suck and this will affect other lower levelled and GP players.

Not everything needs to be personally catered to your roster. There are a lot of players who have invested heavily in ships and pilots (not me)...there's nothing wrong with rotating GA formats so that ships are sometimes included.
    It will be impossible to check your opponents roster and stats, many which determine a battles outcome.

That's just wrong. When you pull up any team on your opponent's map, you just have to click and hold the mouse on the character to bring up their stats at lock...same as always.

The reason why they changed the player lock was already explained when they announced the change. If someone wants to wait until the very last second to "join" and lock their roster and they forget to join, then that's on them.

• 3. The New Player Lock is ridiculous and I cannot genuinely believe it is something the devs planned. It will be impossible to check your opponents roster and stats, many which determine a battles outcome. At least add a leave option instead of forcing me and others to be unable to add gear etc to key toons to set for defence etc. Many will try and join last minute and likely forget or miss the join period and so are out of the event for a whole week
    I disagree on the first 2 points, but for this one, it's going to be a huge problem that needs any other kind of solution. Especially if we want to log in, let's say, during the last hour before the timer expires, and another game crash happens... :s
  • lolz
    89 posts Member
    Mismanagement at its finest. Ship arena rewards were trash then and it is trash now.
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    WHY REMOVE ZETAS, THE MAIN REASON PEOPLE PLAY THIS EVENT

They didn't "remove" them....ship GAs have always had ship omegas instead of zetas for group rewards.
    Ships just don’t work in GA in my opinion, especially for lower GP players and I’ve heard many others complaining. For my level, it is hard to even get two good fleet squads so either my offence fleet or defence fleet will absolutely suck and this will affect other lower levelled and GP players.

Not everything needs to be personally catered to your roster. There are a lot of players who have invested heavily in ships and pilots (not me)...there's nothing wrong with rotating GA formats so that ships are sometimes included.
    It will be impossible to check your opponents roster and stats, many which determine a battles outcome.

That's just wrong. When you pull up any team on your opponent's map, you just have to click and hold the mouse on the character to bring up their stats at lock...same as always.

The reason why they changed the player lock was already explained when they announced the change. If someone wants to wait until the very last second to "join" and lock their roster and they forget to join, then that's on them.

1) You are right. But that was grand arena and not grand arena championships

2) Agree

3) That isn't true. Even when checking from inside GAC, it will show you their current mods and not their lock in mods unless you are currently fighting the opponent and check after they set defense.

That's what he said.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

2) Agree

3) That isn't true. Even when checking from inside GAC, it will show you their current mods and not their lock in mods unless you are currently fighting the opponent and check after they set defense.

That's what he said.

No, it isn't.
    I think someone is missing the actual problem. You don't only want to know the stats of the opponent's defensive team when the attack phase has already started. You want to know all stats before the round starts to take them into account for setting your own defense.
  • TVF wrote: »

2) Agree

That's what he said.

No, it isn't.
    This is how it works. What you view in GAC by holding and clicking IS the stats at roster lock.

And I have proof. Communicating with an opponent last time round he’d just made Padme g13, but done so after the lock. When I viewed his Padme by clicking and holding she was still showing as g12 with the stats to boot.
  • G12 has nothing to do with mods. Mods you see are not the mods locked meaning that if your opponent changes mods you will see the new mods.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

2) Agree

1) This is the first time there has been ships in GAC.

3) I don’t understand how this is a different problem than before. Roster lock happens at most 24 hours before it used to. There was always potential for changes post lock.
  • You sir are dead wrong. @DarjeloSalas

Good counter. I provided bona fide proof that it works as I described.

You told me I am wrong.

That’s powerful arguing there @Crazygone510
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Wow so this GAC is not worth doing....

Why not grant both?