Palp Lead Zeta?

I'm not sure if it is worth investing in the Palp lead zeta. I definitely want to, but my Vader and Thrawn are stuck by stun guns, and I'm slowly starting to work on the GG nuke squad and wil need to hoard zetas. Only reason i think I should go palp next is to add another viable team for GAC. Basically I'm asking is with this zeta, what will I have to do in terms of gearing Vader and Thrawn to make this team worthwhile in GAC?
7* g11 palp, 7* g11+5 tarkin, 7* g9+5 vader, 7* g9+4 thrawn, 5* g10+3 nasty basty.

I will be in Div 5 when the next one starts.
https://swgoh.gg/p/431528984/characters/

Replies

• i will always recommend the Palp zeta as it completely changes the relative power of the empire squad. That team would be quite viable in D5 GAC on offense. Put as much speed as you can spare on Vader and nasty and watch the debuffs fly (and the TM train get rolling)
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • I invested in Vader's lead Zeta many moons ago when I was theory-crafting a DOT team, and I can't justify putting the Zeta on EP now too (or Thrawn's lead, but honestly, who does that?) If I could go back, though, I'd totally Zeta EP rather than Vader.
  • GunnerFCm wrote: »
    (or Thrawn's lead, but honestly, who does that?)

People using him to counter Traya with Magmatrooper and people who were using the Chimaera during its fleet meta period and needed the extra speed? Not worth it now, though.

Palp's lead is a great zeta though. Four metas old (EP -> Bastila -> JKR -> DR, I believe), but still, pretty good, and able to counter a lot of the current top teams.
  • Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll slap it on him once its ready since one zeta won't change the state of my GG nuke squad, but should help as a nice offensive group (especially once my vader and thrawn are a bit more geared).
  • Just dont go up against teams with Malak or tenacity up and ur chillin
  • Palp lead still a very useful squad in TW/GA and he's a pilot now.
  • 1 zeta and this EP team helps me greatly
    http://swgoh.gg/squads/173555/
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    GunnerFCm wrote: »
    (or Thrawn's lead, but honestly, who does that?)

People using him to counter Traya with Magmatrooper and people who were using the Chimaera during its fleet meta period and needed the extra speed? Not worth it now, though.

Palp's lead is a great zeta though. Four metas old (EP -> Bastila -> JKR -> DR, I believe), but still, pretty good, and able to counter a lot of the current top teams.

Originally thrawn could counter CLS meta.

I also still use thrawn magma as an easy win vs traya in GAC.

It may not be a high priority for most nowadays, but I've got my money's worth 100x over.
  • That's my arena team and my shard is very old. I def think you should zeta him. I stay in the top 70 to 90 range in Arena with my Palps lead and all my Sith. I have Palps, Vader, Bastila Fallen, Dooku, and Nihilus.