Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• Didn’t really want to sign up for GAC as ships bore the pants off me, but thought I’d better to help with the gear crunch etc. Then I saw the rewards on offer.
    So I guess my grind will be for a longer period now as playing GAC to gain rewards for an element of the game I don’t enjoy playing seems pointless.
  • Oh my god. I really wish I hadn't joined. The GAC rewards were never really worth the hassle, but this is just a slap in the face.
  • Why is there no "leave" button in GAC??!?! Most of the people I know have joined out of habit and are late to realize their roster is now locked... IF they realize.

And thats a big if - are we SERIOUSLY supposed to keep reading the forums and patch notes of a mobile game to know GAME-CHANGING information like this????

Why is there no CONFIRMATION POPUP or just an in-game mail sent IN GAME so that, we, labelled as stupid players, can be informed whats going on?

Also, is there any SANE REASON we have leave button in TW and none in GAC??? Whats the whole point of JOINING anyway?! Jesus ****.

I haven't experienced such a high level of ignorance, stupidity mixed with arrogance anywhere else in the gaming world.
  • Bring ships forward next time.
  • Ship omegas are far from a reasonable substitute for Zetas. I've got ship omegas coming out of my ears due to the variety of ways that they are rewarded, zetas are few and far between. 6 a week from challenges are nice, but the chance to receive an additional 2 zetas per week outside of TW was what made engaging with this mode more rewarding. The tokens received from GAC aren't really much to go on, it's the weekly zeta payout and the crystals received from advancing leagues that makes people want to engage with this content.
  • Where us the 'Leave' button so that I can update my roster? Or specifically in this case to not waste time on garbage rewards this round offers.

Only option now is to place a single character defense and auto-deploy that the whole month, ruining the GAC for my opponents that might actually want the banners.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Antti wrote: »
    Where us the 'Leave' button so that I can update my roster? Or specifically in this case to not waste time on garbage rewards this round offers.

Only option now is to place a single character defense and auto-deploy that the whole month, ruining the GAC for my opponents that might actually want the banners.

How is this the only option? Punishing someone else who had nothing to do with this?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jalila wrote: »
    Why is there no "leave" button in GAC??!?! Most of the people I know have joined out of habit and are late to realize their roster is now locked... IF they realize.

And thats a big if - are we SERIOUSLY supposed to keep reading the forums and patch notes of a mobile game to know GAME-CHANGING information like this????

Why is there no CONFIRMATION POPUP or just an in-game mail sent IN GAME so that, we, labelled as stupid players, can be informed whats going on?

Also, is there any SANE REASON we have leave button in TW and none in GAC??? Whats the whole point of JOINING anyway?! Jesus ****.

I haven't experienced such a high level of ignorance, stupidity mixed with arrogance anywhere else in the gaming world.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^

Seriously, such a big change - no option to leave so if we join by habit, which I did, there’s no option to do final changes / upgrades to prepare for a 4 week GAC!!!

Please fix this now!!!!

At this point, I was about to do several upgrades, as I’ve always done right before, but now I guess there’s no need...
  • TVF wrote: »
    How is this the only option? Punishing someone else who had nothing to do with this?

It's not nice thing, that I agree on. But given the fact that roster can't be refreshed and rewards are not visible before joining the event, more unhappy players will put increased pressure on CG to make changes to both these issues soon.

Normal participation would be seen as an approval in their statistics.
  • @CG_SBCrumb

^^^^ Please address this
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Are people really making large roster updates minutes before GAC round starts?

Why hoard till the last minute?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

(Almost) every outrage is way out of proportion with the thing that actually happened.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

It's not nice thing, that I agree on. But given the fact that roster can't be refreshed and rewards are not visible before joining the event, more unhappy players will put increased pressure on CG to make changes to both these issues soon.

You people that do this are not heroes, I'm sorry.
  • Ultra wrote: »

It may not be large updates/hoard. I can say that I am trying to push a toon to G13... but still need 15 more medpacks... been tfarming / buying for two days to see if I can get there. So, it may not be a "large" scale thing, but it does have an impact if you are close on improvements for several toons, or if you get a great mod roll, etc.

The early lock basically removes all opportunity for improvement that may occur and it's really not ideal. I am waiting to lock until after my last store refresh.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)

It's not really hoarding until the last moment. It's for example Territory Battle underway right now, and hSith raid which in many cases might involve mod changes. Both those easily leave important units without mods for a while, and if you joined in early as usual, you're now locked out of modifying the squads back to their usual states.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member

It's not really hoarding until the last moment. It's for example Territory Battle underway right now, and hSith raid which in many cases might involve mod changes. Both those easily leave important units without mods for a while, and if you joined in early as usual, you're now locked out of modifying the squads back to their usual states.

This I'll agree with. There was an announcement here, but there should have been one in-game as well. And they need to add an option to leave and rejoin....or find a better lock solution.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

This change is more helpful for people that move mods around often, instead of moving everything last minute for GAC lock — you can just move mods at your convenience then join GAC and then unmove them and proceed with your optimal mods for Arena / TB / hSTR

I’m pretty sure mods moving for specific game modes is against the intent of the game to begin with
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    You’re all assuming mod lock even works properly anyway.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I say, just cancel this GAC and add "Leave" button.... And change the prizes.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Well that's solved then.

Disagree entirely with cancelling. I'm pretty sure a leave button is not as simple as just saying "computer, add button please."

The prizes are what they are. I'd rather zeta too but it's just 8 mats over a month. Not even half a zeta.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

Well that's solved then.

Disagree entirely with cancelling. I'm pretty sure a leave button is not as simple as just saying "computer, add button please."

The prizes are what they are. I'd rather zeta too but it's just 8 mats over a month. Not even half a zeta.
    8 mats if you are undefeated, on average people are losing 4 zeta mat a month compared to other GAC

Getting 1 less zeta a week is no big deal
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Well that's solved then.

8 mats if you are undefeated

I always assume everyone is in my position ;)
  • I have 400 ship omegas and 15 zeta parts at the moment.
    The decisions on CG‘s part are getting crazier and worse by the week.

„Instead of zetas“. I really thought I misread, or they are joking.
  • Antti wrote: »

Agree ^^^
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

Well that's solved then.

8 mats if you are undefeated

I always assume everyone is in my position ;)
    you shouldn’t

Some people actually play the game
    I’m pretty sure mods moving for specific game modes is against the intent of the game to begin with

That's got to be the most ludicrous statement about this game I've heard in ages. This is why they made it tough by not creating "mod sets" right? If you look down the top 5k ranks in any GAC, good bet everyone's swapping for lock ins between different events. Swapping right before you enter battle in TB **is** a thing for people with no depth and good mods on say ... LS toons not usable for current DS GeoTB.

If it was in any way against the intention of CG,EA, or "The Game". You can bet there'd be an announcement about it, and they wouldn't have created the QOL tools to make it easier to deal with.

Pre-sets swapping was only for the very most committed with lots of time on their hands and copious notes in spreadsheets of the source and destination toons for each swap.

Dingo
  • Are you implying I (and others with this opinion) are taking the game too seriously? I can't tell from the way you wrote this ^^^

What does your italicized "play" mean?