MALAK Knight side unbeatable?

Prev1
So I was set up to do Light Side MALAK last two times but it was pulled before I got to it. Finally trying after watching all the vids to see if there is any pattern and how to set up mods.
-MALAK starts match with two stacks.
-killing a droid sometimes only removes 2 stacks instead of 3
- MALAK is countering any time I attack or use a skill, even when he is not targeted.
- I have had MALAK to 16 stacks, all droids dead, all pods gone, get MALAK to 50% health. He then one shots Zalbar, gets full health, attacks several times to get to 30 stacks, kills mission, then there is nothing I can do.

I can understand a difficult event but this seems bugged or impossible. Can someone check this event before giving me the “its been beat in the past” response? I am tired of wasting time on the event for it to not be beatable, especially after having EA **** us around in this (and not compensate us for the last screw up).

Replies

• @Dafish1970 take time to get 4 stacks of armour shred, minimum onto malak before you kill the last of the pods, it’s the only way to do it..

Mod bastilla for offense, same for mission and get as much speed as possible on jolee and zaalbar.. then just keep plugging... I got 6 stacks on and 3* it.
  • Thanks damodamo. I did shift my mods and a, trying to get as many shreds as I can to no avail. Right now I am about to rage quit SWGOH. It’s just gotten to be ****
  • Just ran it again and he gets 15 stacks before I can kill a droid with all his counter attacks,
  • MALAK Light Side IS F****** Impossible, Even w/ 5 stacks if armor shread Malak refuses to take very little to no dmg, making his death IMPOSSIBLE! I have followed every strategy to perfection. I have the gear, the zetas, and mods still nothing. This is bull**** stacked to its highest peak, there's no excuse for this. Dark Souls bosses are easier than this!!
  • Yeah this is friggen impossible. About 50 tries right now. Adjusting mods and matching the online vids. Just about the time you think you have him he attacks 7-8 times in a row, gets over 30 stacks, one shots zal, then takes no damage and cleans up. I have had him at 4 stacks of shred, 21 stacks, all pods gone, and he still wins.
  • It's indeed impossible, every single person who has malak is either a cheater or doesn't exist.

But really, follow those video strategies and after hours of frustration you'll be able to pull it off
  • Done the hours, frustrated enough to quit the game, copied the vids. My last fight was 5 stacks of shred on him while he is only at 20. No pods left. He still one shots Zal and takes no damage. Not saying people cheat to get him but is it possible it’s bugged now so impossible? I mean I know how good their record is with quality during the MALAK events so yeah....I guess it’s impossible for them to hose up something else too. I have people in my guild that were able to get it last time it was up. This time nobody in my guild can beat the light side event. Even with stronger squads then our group had before,
  • tired_of_chewy
    6 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I’m having the same issues. Heck, at one time I had 3 armor shreds on each droid and 5 on Malak, with all stasis pods destroyed (no absorption by Malak), but still the Fate of Malacher V comes up (does even when he absorbs any other stasis pods). Got him down in red, back to back x 3 (total of 5 moves in row by Malak) and of course I was defeated. Brother is having same issues. This event is RIDICULOUS! My toons are of course all zeta, gear lvl 12 to 12+. Same thing happened last two times. I followed you tube and reddit, rearranged mods to suggested, and still nothing. About to quit playing this event. Becoming a waste of my time, since Malak does what event wants the toon to do. I thought the Chewy event was bad, geez-Malak takes the cake of aweful!
  • Thanks Gifafi. Trying this as it’s different from the vids. So far it’s worse but I will keep trying, the pattern on redit does not match the events behavior so maybe multiple attempts will work. Still frustrated as feth,,,,,
  • Gifafa I tried to follow the redit file as close as possible. Best I got was 6 stacks of shred while MALAK was at about 18 stacks of his thing. All pods gone. Got him to about 1/3 health and he stopped taking any damage from anything. Then he got to 30:stacks and magically one shots Zal and wipes everyone else. Why does he stop taking damage especially when he has that many stacks of shred?
  • Oliv
    15 posts Member
    All attempts last 10 minutes :
    - 2 hours on the 18th october
    - 4 hours on the 25th october
    - 3 hours on the 8th november
    All my toons were at least g12+3 (except Mission +2) and all zetas have been activated.
    I watched videos and tried their strategy.
    I modified a lot gears (attack, critical damage chances, speed ...).
    I tried without then with the zeta on Mission.
    I put 4 relics on Revan.
    I focused on droids plus on Malak, then only on Malak.
    My teammates that had him months before told me it is doable and don’t understand why I couldn’t pass it, except if I am very bad

But finally did it, after 9 hours, and I don’t know how.

Did CG do something directly or indirectly (side effect of changes) on the difficulty between August and October ? I do believe they did.

All I can say is that if next big events difficulty is equal or harder, then I am done with the game. This event made me raging fir the first and last time, and even slapping my phone several times. Moreover with the double bug, it was shutdown twice. So I won’t rage anymore on the game. Game must be enjoyed or it does not desserve to spend more time on it.
  • lolz
    89 posts Member
    If your malak is building up that many stacks by the time you take out a single droid then there is something majorly wrong with your mods. Maybe your offense mods are not good enough. If you posted your roster link, perhaps we could help better.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    To answer the question, no, it is not unbeatable. Good luck.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • If you aren't doing it already, let Malak absorb the debuff immunity Jedi. It'll stop Mission getting feared almost every time she attacks and really helps bump the dps.
  • Light side is definetely very hard to complete at it’s meant to be. There are 4 possible reasons or a combination of a few you haven’t done it yet; gear levels not high enough, mods not good enough, poor strategy, bad rng.

I did it again today on first attempt followed same strategy as when I unlocked him last time. Keep killing droids to keep Malak stacks down while adding 5 armour shreds to him. Make sure he asborbs crit immunity tube, 1st one on right side. Destroy tube on far left so he doesn’t get crit damage, speed buffs. Keep topping Zalbaars health up using jolee. Other two tubes make no difference. Also you have to make good use of assists between, zalbaar and mission, and the assists that both Revan and bastilla can call.

In short it’s extremely tough event but not impossible or bugged so improve your toons and strategy and you will do it
  • @Dafish1970 i just redid light side for kittens and giggles, three stars with mods as is on this link https://swgoh.gg/p/897311786/ it wasn’t any harder than the last time I did it, revan with relics probably helps. Keep plugging you will get there, I used the ahnauld video the first time around and it was a pain but eventually the stars align and you will do it...

@Oliv congrats on getting there!!
  • Well as far as I am concerned ea can go screw themselves. I have six tier mods and the mods set the way people recommend. MALAK has 10 stacks before I can kill the first droid because he counters every time I do anything. I have followed the vids as best I can, had him to six stack of shred and he was at 17 stacks. At that point he stopped taking any damage until he got to 30 stacks and wiped me. Made sure he absorbed the correct pod and cleared out the rest. G12+ on all toons. The only thing I don’t have is the zeta on mission. It’s ****. I would have no problem if he didn’t counter every **** time but even if I heal someone he counters. Attack the bots, he counters. No way to keep the stacks down,
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    G12 and very good mods (gold with secundary speed atribute). It was a pain in the **** because it takes time since you can't just go after him with the team you have. You need to do single target damage to the Jedi prisioners and the droids while putting armor shred on Malak. At the end let him absorve the one who gives him critical immunity so you don't suffer from fear.
  • @Dafish1970 your not using aoe attacks at all are you? Try and not do that if you can, malak counters then, just target the droids first then partially kill the tenacity tube, stack some shreds, let malak take that (can’t be feared then) then keep spreading damage around everything else apart from malak, at 4 shreds let him take the next tube, then get another couple of stacks, keep killing droids, then at 6 nuke the tubes with basics and any droids there, when you have everything off cool down then mark malak and Zerg him..

Jolee should just use heal, or call basti on anything but malak, basti should call zaalbar on anything but malak... don’t target malak unless you absolutely have too.

Do you have a gg account? Or ally request me in game and I’ll look at your mods for you.
    897 311 786
  • Simply only use basic attacks on the droids, let zaalbar do his job in shredding armor, after reaching 4-5stacks kill the adds besides and then concentrate on slowly spread damage between malak and the droids to hit 75/50/25 to get sure to regenerate and hold him low on stacks.
    Before shred armor on 4stacks i didnt use any special ability and it worked well.

• Damodamo wrote: »
    @Dafish1970 your not using aoe attacks at all are you? Try and not do that if you can, malak counters then, just target the droids first then partially kill the tenacity tube, stack some shreds, let malak take that (can’t be feared then) then keep spreading damage around everything else apart from malak, at 4 shreds let him take the next tube, then get another couple of stacks, keep killing droids, then at 6 nuke the tubes with basics and any droids there, when you have everything off cool down then mark malak and Zerg him..

Jolee should just use heal, or call basti on anything but malak, basti should call zaalbar on anything but malak... don’t target malak unless you absolutely have too.

Do you have a gg account? Or ally request me in game and I’ll look at your mods for you.
    897 311 786

Thanks Damodamo. I got frustrated so much that I just gave up. Reset all my mods back for GA. Not using AOE which is why I don’t understand why he counters after anything I do. Even If Jolee heals Zal, MALAK attacks my group. I only attack him when I have to. I let him grab crit pod first but he has 10 stacks before I can kill the first droid. Hell my guys might have all had one turn and MALAK has 10 stacks. Once I get him to multiple shreds and attack him, get him to about 1/3 health he no longer takes damage. It is the dumbest mission I have tried to play in any game. One guy in my guild finally got him and could not figure what he did different.
  • Damodamo I sent an ally request. Maybe I will try to reset my toons and try again later.

Recommended mods for toons again?
  • @Dafish1970 insent you an ingame message
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Not sure why you keep saying "MALAK" since it's not an acronym as far as I'm aware.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Not sure why you keep saying "MALAK" since it's not an acronym as far as I'm aware.

M.A.L.A.K.

Marauder
    Also
    Kenobi

This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Lol....it’s auto correct and I am tired of trying to fix it heh. By the way this is one of the most frustrating events I have ever played in any game. Had Malak to one dot of red left and he came back to full health in two moves. Keep playing sets where shreds don’t work or stack. Last one I did Malak went from 27 stacks to 30 without attacking. Not sure what’s going on but this mission is just ****
  • Just an update. Several times I have gotten him to 7-8 stacks of shred, around 16 of his stacks and get him into red. One point he had a single red bar left. He uses his heal, droid goes, he goes again with his heal, other droid goes, he goes a third time with heal, one shots my guys and is almost at full health again. How the feth do you beat that?!?
  • Dafish1970 wrote: »
    Gifafa I tried to follow the redit file as close as possible. Best I got was 6 stacks of shred while MALAK was at about 18 stacks of his thing. All pods gone. Got him to about 1/3 health and he stopped taking any damage from anything. Then he got to 30:stacks and magically one shots Zal and wipes everyone else. Why does he stop taking damage especially when he has that many stacks of shred?

I agree. I have some of your complaints, like all your issues with this **** event. I’ve read reddit-tried several of there strategies, also several you tube videos. My brother finally got Malak, followed his strategy. Nothing. I attempted to inform ea help, they just say they can forward issues to somewhere else-they told me, I forgot. I am beyond ****. F this event, about to quit and delete this **** game from my phone and find another one to play. I thought Chewie was bad, NO comparison to this **** event. I cannot say how long I’ve been playing this game last two days. Played several times until ea games took it down last two days. I have given up. And I am tired people saying it’s this or that, try this or that. What a bunch of ****. This game wants you to be at a certain area and that’s it. This event is strictly RNG. No strategy works, just plain luck.
  • If he gets too many stacks, it means you're not killing the droids fast enough, Shred each droid first, before beginning with Malak, I played for about 10h when I got him, and it only worked once I got the zeta on Mission, which you already have. When everything was finally set up(Malak with 5 shreds or so and all buffs were killed, he had crit dmg immunity and tenacity absorbed) Malak was at 5 or 6 stacks. 17 or 18 is way too high. Don't spam aoe, don't target him. Use Revan's assist special on a droid to kill it faster.