The GAC promotion gear rewards are a JOKE, you said you were going to increase these

Prev1
jayjonbeach
697 posts Member
edited November 2019
I was division 6 until this GAC, where I am now over 2mil GP and in Div 5. In Div 6, when you promote, you get about 6 different gear pieces, and about 2-4 pieces each, ALL of them less the Mk3 holos are totally WORTHLESS.

Now in Division 5, do you think gear improved? They added ONE cuff, yes, 1 piece, which I am sure will increase to 2 and then 3, holy hell my gear bottle neck is over haha

I mean take a look at this crap, this is for a 2 - 2.5 mil GP player, I myself have 12 full squads from G10 - G12, this is total joke for rewards other than the crystals (Barely suitable for a Div 10 player I am sure, let alone 7 and above):

hkoe0zsmdhsw.png

This is the "main event" of SWGOH now according to CG, and after playing for a week, not an hour or two like a raid, but a whole week, and you promote to a new level by doing well, you give us next to NO gear at all. Really? CG you said you were going to increase these after the exhibition is over, well it's long over, and we still get no gear from this month long event. @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat

For the love of the game and the players, please remove those junk pieces, and replace them with things we actually need, you know: Guns, Carbs, Eyeballs, Nubian V1, MKV callers, MKV Furnaces, etc. We don't need full pieces, or even 10 pieces, you could keep the amounts the same, just give us something useful for the effort.

Yes, the apologists will come and say we get all this extra stuff for playing, yes that is true, but why give us NO gear? It just doesn't make sense for the main mode of the game. Also, the currency you get will really need to be spent on Kyro and G12 finishers etc in the store as we all know, as that is the main place to get those, so again it means we get next to NO regular gear from the entire month long event, totally ridiculous.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Agree
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    When you say playing for a whole week... you aren't actually playing the whole time. It's a few minutes a day. And participation is optional.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Diligently playing GA takes a lot more then a “few minutes every day” dude.....

Nah. You'll get the hang of it.
  • lolz
    89 posts Member
    Agree. And they made an entire store for this, a store I barely look at cos the rewards are so few
  • Pille
    125 posts Member
    The think tank there just had a great idea how to satisfy players needs, even if they again reduce the important gear stuff....they offer us new content....and here it is....new first order titles and pictures....
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    "you said you were going to increase these"

@jayjonbeach source please.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

@TVF I'd imagine he's referring to Cyanide's claim a few months back when talking about easing as part of the G12 Finishers release (which I screenshotted as I absolutely did NOT believe that in conjunction with the removal from Fleet Nodes and other changes we'd actually end up with more of the ACTUALLY NEEDED gear items (i.e. Mk.5 Stun Guns and Mk.3 Stun Cuffs))
    611h6fo8rtpj.png

So, given that Mk.5 Stun Guns and Mk.3 Stun Cuffs are required gear items from G7 and upwards based on @CG_Cyanides post that should mean that when G8, G9, G10, G11, G12, G13, and Relics (G14-20) came out that each of those should have resulted in an easing of the gear grind...yet they absolutely have NOT done so, especially since CG have gone on to remove them from Normal Fleet Nodes, and to make the GET Store virtually a 'hoard-or-die' store where you have to hoard your GET1 & GET2 for buying either Epic Confrontation character shards, or Capital Ship shards, meaning no gear purchasing except possibly for players in super-strong guilds (who are ironically likely to be those players least in need of these gear items and with the most GET1/GET2 due to guild TW & TB performance being heavily weighted to overall Guild GP instead of skill!)
  • Agree. Honestly ridiculous.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

@TVF I'd imagine he's referring to Cyanide's claim a few months back when talking about easing as part of the G12 Finishers release (which I screenshotted as I absolutely did NOT believe that in conjunction with the removal from Fleet Nodes and other changes we'd actually end up with more of the ACTUALLY NEEDED gear items (i.e. Mk.5 Stun Guns and Mk.3 Stun Cuffs))
    611h6fo8rtpj.png

So, given that Mk.5 Stun Guns and Mk.3 Stun Cuffs are required gear items from G7 and upwards based on @CG_Cyanides post that should mean that when G8, G9, G10, G11, G12, G13, and Relics (G14-20) came out that each of those should have resulted in an easing of the gear grind...yet they absolutely have NOT done so, especially since CG have gone on to remove them from Normal Fleet Nodes, and to make the GET Store virtually a 'hoard-or-die' store where you have to hoard your GET1 & GET2 for buying either Epic Confrontation character shards, or Capital Ship shards, meaning no gear purchasing except possibly for players in super-strong guilds (who are ironically likely to be those players least in need of these gear items and with the most GET1/GET2 due to guild TW & TB performance being heavily weighted to overall Guild GP instead of skill!)

They did provide additional sources, such as with the increase in gear from the daily prize box. You can argue that isn't enough if you want, but it's consistent with that statement.

611h6fo8rtpj.png

They did provide additional sources, such as with the increase in gear from the daily prize box. You can argue that isn't enough if you want, but it's consistent with that statement.

Yes, I'd argue that a random drop of a couple of pieces of gear - one where I've yet to receive Stun Guns or Stun Cuffs - isn't easing the Stun Gun gear wall. Given that most players have plenty of most other gear pieces at those levels it doesn't really ease the gear grind if the actual specific items that are scarce aren't the ones that are specifically made more available.

611h6fo8rtpj.png

Well, no. They add 3 pieces of NEW gear to daily box (which they introduced just several months ago for the new tier 13). That never could make “easier to reach prior tier level”. You statement is absolutely false.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »

611h6fo8rtpj.png

Well, no. They add 3 pieces of NEW gear to daily box (which they introduced just several months ago for the new tier 13). That never could make “easier to reach prior tier level”. You statement is absolutely false.

Though I agree the gear crunch is still not eased, you did get one thing wrong. The new gear is required for some toons to reach gear 8, so it does help the “prior tier level”
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »

611h6fo8rtpj.png

They added the kyro, but they also increased the amount of the other gear that drops in that box to 5 pieces a day from 2-3. So you are wrong.
  • Devs: "hey we're gonna do a thing"
    Forumers: invent a whole scenario in their head about how that thing will be executed
    Devs: do the thing but it's not the head-scenario
    Forumers: LIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Diligently playing GA takes a lot more then a “few minutes every day” dude.....

It really doesn't, man. I've made Kyber twice and on a given round I probably play a total of 15 minutes.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I like how I even admit "you can argue it isn't enough" but the forums have so much rage against anyone who doesn't agree 100% with the rage that they can't even read.
  • Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Yes, I'd argue that a random drop of a couple of pieces of gear - one where I've yet to receive Stun Guns or Stun Cuffs - isn't easing the Stun Gun gear wall. Given that most players have plenty of most other gear pieces at those levels it doesn't really ease the gear grind if the actual specific items that are scarce aren't the ones that are specifically made more available.

They've never explicitly said they were going to ease the "Stun Gun gear wall."
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    When you say playing for a whole week... you aren't actually playing the whole time. It's a few minutes a day. And participation is optional.
    Actually, its about 2 seconds. Click the join button and you're done.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »

611h6fo8rtpj.png

They added the kyro, but they also increased the amount of the other gear that drops in that box to 5 pieces a day from 2-3. So you are wrong.

Well, ok. Just haven’t noticed 😂😂😂
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Was it 2-3? I thought it was always 2.

Regardless, they did announce it. And you're here enough to have seen it.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

It might have been 1-2, actually. I think the mk4 comlinks you only got 1 for no discernible reason.
  • Getting back to OP...

The rewards are better for promotions to higher leagues (seriously, my toddler could get bronzium and chromium), and are also better in higher divisions. Still nothing to write home about, but I do get a non-trivial number of guns and cuffs.
  • Liath wrote: »

It might have been 1-2, actually. I think the mk4 comlinks you only got 1 for no discernible reason.

I think the reason was "because CG hates us!!!" :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Promotions should include full gear pieces in lieu of the salvage.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Promotions should include full gear pieces in lieu of the salvage.

wishes =/ should
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I wish people would just stop complaining and go out and farm the gear like every other successful player does.
  • rblhs1lmu9ua.jpeg
    I mean they did say this too..
  • The promotion rewards from carbonite are very minimal, as it's barely an achievement. As you progress through the leagues, the rewards get substantially better. Increasing your division also bumps the rewards.

I'm in div1 and here's my Chromium promotion rewards (the 2nd you get):
    r4bg691gvgh4.png
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m