Player lock on join for GAC?

Prev1
I have missing mods on my JKR team, and pilot mods on my pilots for fleets when I hit join. It strikes me as a poor and unnecessary negative player interaction when changes this vital to my success in the next GA are buried in an obscure thread on the forums that directly contradict the wording in the game.

Replies

• It locks once the period ends.

• At the very least there should be a way to exit and rejoin much like territory wars. It would have also been better to message everyone in-game as opposed to a forum post too.
  • It's real:
    We had an omission from our most recent patch notes. We’ve changed when the roster lock occurs for both TW and GAC matchmaking. Previously, your roster did not have a snapshot of your collection taken until the moment matchmaking had begun. This resulted in some players rosters being updated after the moment matchmaking by the nature of the system going through and taking snapshots of everyone’s roster. Now, when you click the Join button your roster is snapped. For TW, if you exit, you are removed from matchmaking consideration. When you rejoin, your roster is snapped again at that moment. Apologies for the omission.

What a terrible idea. Is a second's delay really worth making this more complicated than necessary for the player? The inconvenience? This is just going to result in more people missing out because they forgot to sign up after they finished tweaking their roster, or people who decide not to bother at all (especially in conjunction with the current rewards).
  • Hmm. Yeah best to keep up on the forums. This way is better in the long run anyways.
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    this was posted a few days ago, its your fault for not remembering or keeping track of this stuff.. no sympathy

Ohhh, such a fat troll showed up at our forums. Go away
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Devs don't stick to the most important rule "Don't fix what works well". They'd better focus on GeoTB freeze issues than on making things more complicated than before. But it seems that only krakens' tickets get solved...
    this was posted a few days ago, its your fault for not remembering or keeping track of this stuff.. no sympathy

Lol I love ur username
  • Not only is this now broken, but in game it still shows that it won't lock until tomorrow. Mad.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    Not only is this now broken, but in game it still shows that it won't lock until tomorrow. Mad.

To be fair the devs can say whatever they want but even the devs dont know how its gonna work...

Dont beleive me just look at malak event
  • Dralkyr wrote: »
    Not only is this now broken, but in game it still shows that it won't lock until tomorrow. Mad.

To be fair the devs can say whatever they want but even the devs don't know how its gonna work...

Don't believe me just look at malak event

They still haven't fixed it properly. There are now people with 0 Malak shards who have the event showing as already completed and are now permanently prevented from ever acquiring the character.

I read the forums. You also do. The OP even does. But can you even fathom how many people don't and as of right now (setup phase would have just kicked off minutes ago) have no clue their roster locked when they joined?

I happen to know my boss plays and told me he dropped 50 bucks this afternoon for some crystals to bump his Padme to g12 for the GAC. I guarantee when he sees that she's still a g11 in the GAC he's going to be aggravated beyond belief. He's one of those who's been playing for 3+ years, used to spend on a regular basis and told me this was the first money he's spent on the game in 6 months plus. Because he's been dissatisfied with the bugs/glitches/inconsistencies as of late.

My guess is that this may be his tipping point to quitting. I have spent 25 bucks total in the 2 years I've been playing, so honestly it (and the weaker GAC rewards) doesn't bother me. But people like me don't keep the game going. Regular spenders, like my boss did formerly, do. And moves like this with zero in-game direct communication from CG do not do the game any favors.

They've sent us inbox messages before, there's not a valid excuse for not doing it with such a major change in how TW and GAC work.

I do have sympathy for those as tunnel-visioned as you, because apparently to imagine other scenarios beyond your own is just too much to fathom. If everyone had your disposition when it comes to forum posts about in-game changes, this game would crash and burn incredibly fast. I'd bet less than 10% of players have even looked at the forums at all, let alone check them regularly.
  • How could we know about that omission within the game? Why are CG offending their players? Wasn't it so simple to create a "news" indicating the moment when the roster is locked. Or a just a warning message like 'be cautios when to press join GAC button' (like Malak info was) I entered GAC to look at new feats and now, a couple of my top characters are without any mods and I even don't have an opportunity to fix it! You have a disconnect button in Territory wars though you also didn't say anything inside the game. But of course, all new offers in the shop are well shown.

I dont read forums... sorry but this is messed up. I dont mind the change to TW cause you and leave and rejoin. I just joined cause didnt want to forget and was only made aware after guildies brought it up. Definitely should have been a push notification or something prior or at very least a leave and rejoin like TW.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    @Kyno contact whoever you've got the ear of and let them know this is absolute ****. Why the hell wasn't something like this communicated out with a message in game? I spent real money to gear up first order for this. I read all the posts in the updates section to make sure I'm not caught off guard. And they post this **** in the dev announcements section and dont send an in game message? It literally would have taken them 5 minutes to send it out to let EVERYONE know of such a drastic change! I'm about done with this **** game and I'm certainly now spending anymore of my **** money!

Edit: and why the hell did it count down player lock if player lock already happened?!?!?!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Lanbo
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

It’s been a busy week and wanted to reach out to give a few updates:
    1. We’re starting to finalize testing on the Starforge Showdown. The event has been tentatively rescheduled to run next week from 11/8 through 11/10. We’ll keep you updated if that date changes again.
    2. Chewbacca is currently bugged and doing more assists than he should be. We’ll be rolling out a fix for him next week.
    3. We had an omission from our most recent patch notes. We’ve changed when the roster lock occurs for both TW and GAC matchmaking. Previously, your roster did not have a snapshot of your collection taken until the moment matchmaking had begun. This resulted in some players rosters being updated after the moment matchmaking by the nature of the system going through and taking snapshots of everyone’s roster. Now, when you click the Join button your roster is snapped. For TW, if you exit, you are removed from matchmaking consideration. When you rejoin, your roster is snapped again at that moment. Apologies for the omission.

See you on the holotables.

CG_TopHat

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/217926/updates-on-current-issues#latest

There was also a post previous to this saying they were working on this and that it would be coming.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    @Lanbo
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

1. We’re starting to finalize testing on the Starforge Showdown. The event has been tentatively rescheduled to run next week from 11/8 through 11/10. We’ll keep you updated if that date changes again.
    2. Chewbacca is currently bugged and doing more assists than he should be. We’ll be rolling out a fix for him next week.
    3. We had an omission from our most recent patch notes. We’ve changed when the roster lock occurs for both TW and GAC matchmaking. Previously, your roster did not have a snapshot of your collection taken until the moment matchmaking had begun. This resulted in some players rosters being updated after the moment matchmaking by the nature of the system going through and taking snapshots of everyone’s roster. Now, when you click the Join button your roster is snapped. For TW, if you exit, you are removed from matchmaking consideration. When you rejoin, your roster is snapped again at that moment. Apologies for the omission.

CG_TopHat

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/217926/updates-on-current-issues#latest

There was also a post previous to this saying they were working on this and that it would be coming.

Good job answering his question. Too bad you failed miserably because that definitely wasn't given in game.

When did I say it was stated in game?

They said they read all the updates to stay on top of things and this was one of them.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    @Lanbo
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

CG_TopHat

Good job answering his question. Too bad you failed miserably because that definitely wasn't given in game.

They said they read all the updates to stay on top of things and this was one of them.

and it doesn't mention GAC, after mentioning tw and gac and how it's ok to leave tw. SO we either have to do all mods just to join gac, then redo for whatever we are going atm, or risk missing gac.

A rational response to this "issue" (which I've heard no one complain about) is to lock rosters 5-15 minutes before gac starts, or start matchmaking an equal time after it starts. We can't do anything for 24 hours anyway so what difference could it make? I mean, how long does it take their one computer to do all these snapshots that we have have things messed up for us instead. Does it take longer than 15m to take snapshots? Do they need the full 24 hours to matchmakem or whatever the heck it is we are waiting for?

Not to mention no in-game announcement AGAIN. What a joke

ps have them fix the garbage rewards too plz
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    @Lanbo
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

CG_TopHat

Epically wrong. I read game updates. You know, where they are supposed to post ALL the changes to the game. They posted this in dev announcements. Regardless of any of that, it should have been communicated in game. But I dont know why we expect any better. That's the CG way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lanbo wrote: »
    @Lanbo
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

CG_TopHat

Epically wrong. I read game updates. You know, where they are supposed to post ALL the changes to the game. They posted this in dev announcements. Regardless of any of that, it should have been communicated in game. But I dont know why we expect any better. That's the CG way.

Dev announcements are also about the game. I'm not saying it shouldnt have been in game also, but it's not wise to ignore a place where the devs post information and state that ALL of that should be where you want to look.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    @Lanbo
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

CG_TopHat

Dev announcements are also about the game. I'm not saying it shouldnt have been in game also, but it's not wise to ignore a place where the devs post information and state that ALL of that should be where you want to look.

Quit being an ****. GAME UPDATES is the logical place where GAME UPDATES should be posted. Not buried in a topic about updates on issues.

And furthermore it's irrelevant. It should have been an in game notice. They changed the way it's always worked.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    @Lanbo
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

CG_TopHat

Quit being an ****. GAME UPDATES is the logical place where GAME UPDATES should be posted. Not buried in a topic about updates on issues.

And furthermore it's irrelevant. It should have been an in game notice. They changed the way it's always worked.

See the forums tab? That's IN GAME.

dtfsk66woly1.jpg
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    @Lanbo
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

CG_TopHat

See the forums tab? That's IN GAME.

dtfsk66woly1.jpg

Too bad CG doesn't see it or think to put it there. Quit trying to defend this **** already. CG needs to be held accountable for their actions and lack their of to their consumers. All over Reddit, here, discord people are confused about player lock in times. And now there are reports that it still is locking in at the end of the counter. CG created confusion by being **** and lazy period.

People complain it needs to be in game (which I pointed out it is), and you cite 2 other sources (discord and reddit) where people are talking about, yet at the same time there isn't enough communication?

Ignorance isn't an excuse.
  • Digital_Delusion
    28 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    @Kyno, so OK we could read the forums beforehand. But 2 questions remain then:
    1) How could players who don't speak English know about it? (game clients are localised in many countries but the official forum is English only)?
    2) Isn't the countdown timer that says 'Players lock in ... hours' a lie? (because it's already locked)?
    Please, answer these two questions.

Is this a descrimination of all non-English speaking players?
    Post edited by Digital_Delusion on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno, so OK we could read the forums beforehand. But 2 questions remain then:
    1) How could players who don't speak English know about it? (game clients are localised in many countries but the official forum is English only)?
    2) Isn't the countdown timer that says 'Players lock in ... hours' a lie? (because it's already locked)?
    Please, answer these two questions.

Is this a descrimination of all non-English speaking players?

There are plenty of non English speaking players on the forum.

There is no intent to deceive, therefore this is not a lie.