This Grand Arena is destined to cause many PROBLEMS

2Next

Replies

• Per Crumb, GAC with ships has historically always had different rewards... Personally, I was under the impression the general idea was to get people excited about ships. Not give them another reason to hate them.
  • The player lock at the beginning screwed me up, especially since there is still a countdown when you join GAC that say "player lock in..."
  • They need to take it down and restart it - completely devalued to those who did not know roster lock was on join
  • smootly wrote: »
    The player lock at the beginning screwed me up, especially since there is still a countdown when you join GAC that say "player lock in..."

That's CG's complete and utter laziness being displayed. There simply is no excuse for that timer to still be in play. ZERO
    That time window is still needed for matchmaking.
  • But how long does that take? So what if some poeple's rosters lock a few minutes after the lock deadline - would be much better than they way they are doing it now.

And, in fact, the way they are doing it now would be fine if we got sufficient notice and communication about such a major change that affects our ability to properly prepare for a month long GAC!!!
  • When you check mods from inside here (long press on a toon) it will show you locked in mods for GAC. That you are correct about and I'm not disputing that. g7orfj2hf9o5.jpg

But from inside here, it shows you their current mods equipped, and NOT the lock in GAC mods.
    fdy3dwvzbaab.png

I have tested this on several occasions and it was even mentioned in these forums at one point back when GAC was j just getting going. This is a problem and maybe you just misunderstood me. But the only way to check lock in mods is right after lock in OR the attacking stage.

We did misunderstand each other then.

I thought you were referring to viewing the mods inside the zones during attack phase, not viewing them from the league table.

So your beef is justified. You can’t check an opponents stats until after it’s too late to plan around beating them.
  • Fleet GA does not equal GAC. GAC has been including zetas. They’ve added fleet to GAC and now it doesn’t.

There have been no GAs since they got GAC rolling. The events, rewards, divisions, etc are different from what GA was.

With that being said I didn’t mind GA rewards. But for such a huge event, they are trash for GAC without zetas and not good rewards even with them.
    Avaiam wrote: »
    No zetas equals no effort on my part. I’ll join and get last place rewards. Ridiculous that a multi-week event that’s one of the features of the game doesn’t reward zetas when it has before.

Fleet GA has never rewarded zeta mats. But they could throw in more omegas to make up for it. I'm sure everyone needs those too.

• a lot of people are just getting rewards for auto deploying defense and seeing who has more gp.

If they actually wanted people to compete in a week long event put 2,500 Crystal's as a reward and u will see competition.
  • Haha yeah let's all get mad that GAC gives bad rewards and why bother playing it! And let's also demand that they add a sandbox mode with no rewards and insist that we'll play it all the time!
  • a lot of people are just getting rewards for auto deploying defense and seeing who has more gp.

If they actually wanted people to compete in a week long event put 2,500 Crystal's as a reward and u will see competition.

It's a catch 22. If they make the rewards really good, there will be more cheating....and they can't seem to fix that either.

And while Crumb was correct that ship GA has traditionally not included zetas, this is GAC with ships added - not GA. But whatever. I'm sure they just "copy-pasted" the old GA rewards. So lame.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The matchmaking is hilarious. I rank #1 daily in ships, and all 7 of my opponents aren't even in the top 100.
  • How could we know about that omission within the game? Why are you offending your players? Wasn't it so simple to create a "news" indicating the moment when the roster is locked. Or a just a warning message like 'be cautios when to press join GAC button' (like Malak info was) I entered GAC to look at new feats and now, a couple of my top characters are without any mods and I even don't have an opportunity to fix it! You have a disconnect button in Territory wars though you also didn't say anything inside the game. But of course, all new offers in the shop are well shown.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    smootly wrote: »
    The player lock at the beginning screwed me up, especially since there is still a countdown when you join GAC that say "player lock in..."

That's CG's complete and utter laziness being displayed. There simply is no excuse for that timer to still be in play. ZERO

Thanks Sherlock

I like when someone admits they were wrong. Kudos.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    You didn't make a joke and I didn't miss anything. You were just insulting someone.
  • Nooo Problem at all with this gac round. 5/8 opponents have 1m gp more than I do and the top70 chars are much stronger while ship seems pretty fair. Noooooothing to see, all good. With those jokes as prices I don‘t even care.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Booooom wrote: »
    Nooo Problem at all with this gac round. 5/8 opponents have 1m gp more than I do and the top70 chars are much stronger while ship seems pretty fair. Noooooothing to see, all good. With those jokes as prices I don‘t even care.

Why does top 70 matter? 60 should be max.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    smootly wrote: »

Thanks Sherlock

akg61eua2d76.gif
  • Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Avaiam wrote: »
    No zetas equals no effort on my part. I’ll join and get last place rewards. Ridiculous that a multi-week event that’s one of the features of the game doesn’t reward zetas when it has before.

Fleet GA has never rewarded zeta mats. But they could throw in more omegas to make up for it. I'm sure everyone needs those too.

Only losers need omegas

You need omegas in order to use the zetas... So why would you be a loser? Granted they're easier to come by, but that doesn't make the needing of them any more loser-esque...

No need to insult those who may not have reached a high enough level that omegas no longer matter.
  • This is one of the only games in the world where winning the top “rewards” just leaves you feeling disappointed.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    This is one of the only games in the world where winning the top “rewards” just leaves you feeling disappointed.

Rewards in swgoh are meant to be purchased, not won.
  • noseyjones wrote: »
    Haha yeah let's all get mad that GAC gives bad rewards and why bother playing it! And let's also demand that they add a sandbox mode with no rewards and insist that we'll play it all the time!

This isn’t really an apples-to-apples comparison. In GAC, there is no control over matchmaking or matches and (at least presently) usually gives no insight into how a player’s defenses can be improved. There is also no clear tournament system, so does getting rank 1 in Kyber really mean you were the best? No one knows. Also, it’s often more of a chore than it is fun, especially when a player is clearly outmatched. Rewards are necessary because otherwise players may not want to buy into the hassle.

With a sandbox mode, though, players could create their own matchups and tournaments and possibly even face their own squads. Rewards wouldn’t even be necessary because one of the points of PVP is to be able to play whomever you want however you want.

Their big issues with a sandbox mode seem to be that it would undercut GAC and that it would be hard to monetize (or at least track the spending from)... not really that it wouldn’t have rewards, like they say.

But I hope they sort it all out. The Devs and the community need to string together a few wins right about now.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    This is one of the only games in the world where winning the top “rewards” just leaves you feeling disappointed.

Rewards in swgoh are meant to be purchased, not won.

It's gonna be ok.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    So what's the problem with devs just changing the rewards to give both Omegas and Zetas? Is that so hard?

No it's not.

They don't slow progression because it's hard.