Replies

• I feel like this is George Costanza
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Anywhoooooo
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    wait, you guys still think george is a real person asking advice?

I believe, that in his comment @LynnYoda just confirmed, that he is.
  • It’s the Kung-pao ....George likes his chicken spicy.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Trying to get people onto discord when they think it is all about chat is pointless. We have the same problem in our guild. Trying to get people to understand that discord is how Raids/TW/TB are co-ordinated is like trying to lift the scales from Saul’s eyes - it’d take a miracle. But the reality is that it is necessary for guild progression. It’s not ‘dictating’ to members to join, it’s simply ensuring that those in the guild are there to help the guild, and not just themselves. For the guild to progress, it is needed. I look forward to when our leader allows us to kick people not on discord.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Hold on guys. We all tried to help him and we still would help him if he would listen to us.

Or even try to listen to us.

But seeing his decent progress in the past months we all see he just ignores us.

So i doubt spending time trying to help him is a good Investment.
  • Your roster is kinda spread out all over the place, I’d pick ONE faction that you enjoy and focus on getting them to 7* before anything else.

First order, Old republic/Bastilla led Jedi, or Phoenix is a good place to start
  • CeeBeeZee wrote: »
    Your roster is kinda spread out all over the place, I’d pick ONE faction that you enjoy and focus on getting them to 7* before anything else.

First order, Old republic/Bastilla led Jedi, or Phoenix is a good place to start

@G1975
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    CeeBeeZee thank you for the advice. Larx I'm not ignoring people or not listening when people are giving me advice the truth is I don't really understand most aspects of the game. When I first started posting and talking to people on the forums and they were giving me advice some things I didn't understand. I'm sorry I'm not that intelligent but It's just I'm really old school. I grew up in the 1980's and the first Star Wars game I played was an arcade game at Chucky Cheese. My love of video games was Pacman, Donkey Kong, Centipede and Double Dragon. When my Dad got me the old Nintendo for Christmas I was hooked on it playing Super Mario Brothers. Like I keep saying I'm doing the best I can on SWGOH but I'm just a dinosaur from another time period because I miss the old arcade games of the 80's. George
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    G1975 wrote: »
    CeeBeeZee thank you for the advice. Larx I'm not ignoring people or not listening when people are giving me advice the truth is I don't really understand most aspects of the game. When I first started posting and talking to people on the forums and they were giving me advice some things I didn't understand. I'm sorry I'm not that intelligent but It's just I'm really old school. I grew up in the 1980's and the first Star Wars game I played was an arcade game at Chucky Cheese. My love of video games was Pacman, Donkey Kong, Centipede and Double Dragon. When my Dad got me the old Nintendo for Christmas I was hooked on it playing Super Mario Brothers. Like I keep saying I'm doing the best I can on SWGOH but I'm just a dinosaur from another time period because I miss the old arcade games of the 80's. George

Imagine that every time you go to the arcade they give you some free tokens but those tokens are only good for that visit and if you don’t spend them before you leave they take them back. You want to use up all those tokens each visit to maximize your fun.

Same thing with your free energy — use it. All of it. Every time you play.
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    Liath I use to spend so many quarters at the arcade after school playing those games and loved it. I'm an 80's arcade guy like that song I've got Pacman fever!!! George
  • Sign up for swgoh.gg, and sign up for discord. That is all and may the force be with you.
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    I just wanted to post again on how I was doing in the game, I pretty much gave up on Light, Dark side and Cantina battles but my situation improved a little today. I'm on Stage 6 Normal on Light side battles and for awhile it was to hard and I wasn't going anywhere but that changed a little. After fighting in 6-D, 6-E, G-F, G-G, G-H and G-I I miraculously made progress. It wasn't easy but I got through it but unfortunately G-i was way to hard and I got all my players blown away by Stormtroopers. What really made me happy about this was I was able to do it without using any of the players my allies sent me just borrow a hero. I could have easily got through it without a sweat with the level 85 players but it felt good to do it on my own. Again unfortunately that's as far as I can go for now, Dark side battles Stage 5 Normal 55-I is also to hard and what's annoying about it is getting all my players blown away by Jawas!!! Cantina battles Stage 5 5-A also way to hard because I'm losing all my players to Kit Fisto and Battle Droids. I spend most of my time in Galactic War and Challenges to earn energy, crystals and rewards. Sorry to make this a long story and thanks for putting up with me. George
  • @G1975 Can you rename the thread to "The Adventures of George"? I kinda like how this is turning into a diary with remarks by the community. Curious to see how far it'll go.
  • Tiig wrote: »
    .... get people to understand that discord is how Raids/TW/TB are co-ordinated is like trying to lift the scales from Saul’s eyes - it’d take a miracle.

I'm sorry, but what does that mean?
    About Sauls eyes?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Tiig wrote: »
    .... get people to understand that discord is how Raids/TW/TB are co-ordinated is like trying to lift the scales from Saul’s eyes - it’d take a miracle.

About Sauls eyes?

Bible reference.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    Disruptor92 all I wanted to do was just post how I was doing in the game and all I get is sarcasm!!!! Really?!!!! George
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Tiig wrote: »

About Sauls eyes?

Bible reference.

I got that... But do you mean king saul, the first king of Israel or Saul the persecuter of Christians who became their most staunchest supporter?
    I know its completely off topic... I'm just curious what you meant.
  • I said before I wasn't going to complain so much about how was doing in the game but sometimes I can't help it. Whether to join discord or not and continuing to going on the way I have, I was so happy and excited to be in ship battles but the honeymoon is over because that's gotten harder no matter how many new ships I added. It's finally over for me in terms I can go no further in Light, Dark side, Cantina battles, Mod battles and Mod Challenges because it's way to hard. Squad Arena I barely win in that and I've bounced around from one guild after an other and only play when it let's me. Again the only part of the game where I spend most of my time is Galactic War and Challenges, I know you guys are getting tired of hearing from me but I can't help being a sore loser. The love of Star Wars keeps me from quitting the game. George
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    G1975 wrote: »
    I said before I wasn't going to complain so much about how was doing in the game but sometimes I can't help it. Whether to join discord or not and continuing to going on the way I have, I was so happy and excited to be in ship battles but the honeymoon is over because that's gotten harder no matter how many new ships I added. It's finally over for me in terms I can go no further in Light, Dark side, Cantina battles, Mod battles and Mod Challenges because it's way to hard. Squad Arena I barely win in that and I've bounced around from one guild after an other and only play when it let's me. Again the only part of the game where I spend most of my time is Galactic War and Challenges, I know you guys are getting tired of hearing from me but I can't help being a sore loser. The love of Star Wars keeps me from quitting the game. George

Actually you're progressing just fine, and you've now hit the point on your journey where you're either supposed to blow all your money on this silly game, or suck it up and only play with your prescribed free energy and progress at a rather painful pace. This is a lovely game, but it's also a money-machine with a star wars skin. Wizard.
  • @G1975
    But u have to understand if everybody wants to help you and u often ignore or just dont read their answers they will get **** a bit.

And we know that because of your type of asking.

Just start with your typo. So everyone can read your posts easy.

Go through youtube. Its better to learn somthing optical and not just by Reading.
    I really appreciate and share your love with Star Wars. But please accept: There is an end for any help
  • To all of you on the forums this has been an interesting experience for me posting on the forums but I've decided to sign out of the forums for good. I'm not giving up playing on SWGOH but it's best for me to continue on this journey on my own. Everyone has tried giving me advice to improve my situation with the game but as I've said numerous times my limited knowledge on the game and understanding keep me from doing better. I think the final breaking point for me was yesterday when I joined a conversation on the forums off topic and asked if anyone saw the Mandalorian and if any of you think his character would be added to SWGOH and Battlefront 2 and I got a warning from Kyno about not being off topic. It's pretty obvious I've annoyed and alienated a lot of people on the forums so it's best I sign out. I want to thank all of you for your time and patience in putting with me, I wish you all well in SWGOH and may the force be with you always. George
  • Good Luck and keep on playin!
  • Ok I'm a liar I just got the Y Wing Bomber and theirs no pilot? I thought you had to have a particular player to unlock a ship? George
  • G1975 wrote: »
    Ok I'm a liar I just got the Y Wing Bomber and theirs no pilot? I thought you had to have a particular player to unlock a ship? George

Its the first pilot-less ship
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    You lasted one day.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    You lasted one day.

What's your record? Bans don't count :wink:
  • TVF yeah I know I said I was giving up the forums but something keeps pulling me back, don't worry I'll only post on occasion. CCyrilS I only got 2 warnings for posting off topic. By the way what are they doing for the 4th anniversary of SWGOH since the game launched back in November 2015? George
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    You lasted one day.

What's your record? Bans don't count :wink:

7 entire hours!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH