GA matchmaking with ships doesn’t work(for me)

Noxfire27
82 posts Member
edited November 2019
The matchmaking in the last few GA considering only troops was finally fine. Always challenging, never unfair. Placed one 8th due to my mistakes, won one and so on. And now the ships are back in GA and the matchmaking is (almost hilariously) broken. I stand no real chance because not only the ship battles cant be won (for example I don’t even have Han’s falcon 7 stars, almost all my opponents have this and the Negotiator unlocked), the troops roster of my enemies is also stronger. And I am not the only one, a lot of my guild members have the same issue. Is this just a coincidence (fu** me, right?) or do you have a similar issue?

Replies

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    So unfair that some people neglected ships while others didn't. Almost like this is a strategy and resource game. Weird......
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Some do... some don’t. You either crush your first round or get crushed. Then you fight similar players in round 2. If you lost you compete vs other players who also lost.

It will all balance out by round 3.

Not too mention you only get better from being challenged. Good luck.

Sorry, think you got me wrong. It’s not only my first opponent but ALL opponents in this whole GA! My checked ALL rosters of course ;) And it’s not „challenging“, it’s almost impossible, that’s a difference.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    So unfair that some people neglected ships while others didn't. Almost like this is a strategy and resource game. Weird......

You know what „matchmaking“ means, don’t you?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »

Yeah, do you?
  • Noxfire27 wrote: »

I belive he does.
    I also belive that you know "matchmaking isn't exactly "equal".
    Some people have the meta, other have counter-meta, and some dosen't have either. That's the game.
    Also- the ships is only 1 territory and a ship on offense is a missing ship on defense (and the other way around).

Btw- I'm not saying you one of them, but I have the feeling that "fair matchmaking" for some people is "matchmaking I win".
  • avihas wrote: »

I belive he does.
    Some people have the meta, other have counter-meta, and some dosen't have either. That's the game.
    Also- the ships is only 1 territory and a ship on offense is a missing ship on defense (and the other way around).

Btw- I'm not saying you one of them, but I have the feeling that "fair matchmaking" for some people is "matchmaking I win".

For me matchmaking should be „I CAN win“, not a „I win“. Now it’s just „I loose“. I don’t need to win, I enjoy Ga as long as it’s winnable for both. But maybe that’s just my opinion.
    And it shouldn’t be that the matchmaking pairs people with meta/countermeta with people who don’t have either.
  • There's little difference in performance between a 5/6 star HMF and the 7 star version. And HMF teams can beat Negotiator.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    avihas wrote: »

I belive he does.

For me matchmaking should be „I CAN win“,....

What you believe it should be, and what it actually is are two different things. So, again:

You know what matchmaking means, don't you?
    And it shouldn’t be that the matchmaking pairs people with meta/countermeta with people who don’t have either.

Why not?

My ticket bot alt with no Revan(s) or Malak went 12/12 in the most recent GAC (div.3), even if if most opponents had JKR, several had DR and a few had Malak too.