My enemy's incomplete defense. Thank you for minus 60 points.

Prev13
Alejandrrro
10 posts Member
edited November 2019
What shall I do to enter top10/top100 Cуber League if my first enemy doesn't put 1 squad on defense? I lost about 60 points. Good GA start! I can forget about Cуber League top. And it's only the first round.

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Good. If more people set just something to avoid auto-set, maybe CG sees the problem and the matchmaking gets at least close to fair. I probably should have done it as well, when my opponent has more relics than me and Negotiator on top of that...
  • Me too, he set 2/3 in the top territory. Incredibly flawed system.
  • Honestly, I view it as an advantage for myself. They get less points for setting defence, so I am spotted a lead.
  • A good number of people missed putting the 3rd team in top front zone.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Good. If more people set just something to avoid auto-set, maybe CG sees the problem and the matchmaking gets at least close to fair. I probably should have done it as well, when my opponent has more relics than me and Negotiator on top of that...
    People have been doing this childish way of protesting for quite some time now and here you see what an impact it had.

If you think this is the way to express your distaste for the matchmaking to someone that actually is able to change something about it, you might be wrong. All you achieve is to ruin someone else's chance (who has absolutely nothing to do about it) for a good run.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Nauros wrote: »
    Good. If more people set just something to avoid auto-set, maybe CG sees the problem and the matchmaking gets at least close to fair.

I think he's referring to his opponent not noticing that the top front territory took 3 teams instead of 2 this time, due to the ship territory. My opponent did the same, as did quite a few people based on guild chatter.

For what it's worth, I haven't seen the take-my-ball-and-go-home single defensive team maneuver since GACs started.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

People have been doing this childish way of protesting for quite some time now and here you see what an impact it had.

If you think this is the way to express your distaste for the matchmaking to someone that actually is able to change something about it, you might be wrong. All you achieve is to ruin someone else's chance (who has absolutely nothing to do about it) for a good run.

And what other options are there? People have been complaining on the forum and see the impact it has. If enough people get annoyed by GAC, maybe it gets scrapped completely, and that's maybe the best we can hope for, seeing how CG won't even acknowledge that the matchmaking sucks.

And what other options are there? People have been complaining on the forum and see the impact it has. If enough people get annoyed by GAC, maybe it gets scrapped completely, and that's maybe the best we can hope for, seeing how CG won't even acknowledge that the matchmaking sucks.
    If you are so annoyed by it you have the choice to not join.

Stopping your opponents from finishing feats or at the very least playing GAC will probably get a fix sooner on how auto-deploy works when you set fewer teams, rather than an update on matchmaking.

That's your solution? You don't enjoy it, so nobody else should get to either?

I hate squad arena, but I'm not out here advocating for it to be removed from the game. I adapt and deal with it.

Also, matchmaking isn't "broken." One of the following is true, or possibly both:

1) Your roster and mods are not good.

2) You feel entitled to easy victories, and have elected to interpret a mode that does not grant them to you as "bad design."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    If your enemy didn't set a D you get 64 points for a free win for each D not set.

I tested this last GAC so unless they changed scoring I'm 100% sure this is how the last GAC was scored.

Your title should say thank you for 64 free points.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

That's your solution? You don't enjoy it, so nobody else should get to either?

I hate squad arena, but I'm not out here advocating for it to be removed from the game. I adapt and deal with it.

Also, matchmaking isn't "broken." One of the following is true, or possibly both:

1) Your roster and mods are not good.

2) You feel entitled to easy victories, and have elected to interpret a mode that does not grant them to you as "bad design."

Lol. Isn't the whole point of matchmaking to put similarly "good" rosters together? Otherwise you could just assign players at random and be done with it. All I'm asking for is a fair fighting chance, not easy victories, but it should be obvious to anyone willing to see it.
  • You’ve posted no info or data about this horrendous matchup you’ve been given.

Could you do that? Otherwise you’re just another voice shouting into the void.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    You’ve posted no info or data about this horrendous matchup you’ve been given.

Them: more g13 characters, Nego.
    a640wedh6jrl.jpg
    owg3cnus03k1.jpg
    Me: less g13 characters, no Nego.
    yd0ke75axls4.jpg
    p0uor72xt6uk.jpg
    Hope that's enough for you and also that I didn't mess up the screenshots

• Your opponent likely didn't do this on purpose. They saw two circles in the top and placed 2 squads.
    I've been saying since GA debuted that the UI should reflect the squads needed, but they've decided on form over function. The #/# in the territory was a baby step in the right direction, but the territory should either show an accurate number of circles or none at all. If they don't fix that UI bump, more people will continue to trip over it. Ideally the territory would glow red if not filled and blue when filled, or have 3 empty slots when you dive in the set D - something really obvious. This is really UI 101.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Ironjehoshaphat
    335 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    @BobcatSkywalker so, my opponent only set 2/3 on the top Territory. Will I get 64 more pts once the round is up? Because I didn’t those points once it began.

@kalidor - I have said the same thing. If the territory requires 3 teams than there should be 3 circles. Or CG could make a larger _/# symbol in the middle of the territory.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Last Gac the points were applied as soon as the match started. I set one team and my opponent had 1340 or 1540 points vs my 60 to start the attack phase in div 2. I forget the exact number but when I did the math it was 64 x 5 plus the bonus points for clearing the bottom 2 zones.

I imagine once he cleared my 1 team he gets the 64x2 plus bonus for the area in the back with nothing set in it.

Bruh. If you're at 4.5m GP and you still haven't figured out a way to win at least half of your matchups, you are either super bad, or not trying because you give up the second you perceive a disadvantage.

"Matchmaking" doesn't mean "you will only face rosters identical to your own." It means you're roughly in the same ballpark based on a general gauge of roster size/strength.

I've faced numerous opponents with rosters that are "stronger" on the surface (more G12/13, significantly faster mods, etc) and still beaten most of them. If you actually tried you might surprise yourself.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I set 2/3 in top by accident. Makes sense to have 8 total but I’m basically hard wired for 2 each at this point. Heads up would have been nice but it’s round 1. I would assume anyone with 2/3 real teams is not protesting
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Me too, he set 2/3 in the top territory. Incredibly flawed system.

It's not flawed, if people would open their eyes you'd be able to see that there is 2 spots to put defenses up in one of the top nodes.
  • @BobcatSkywalker so, my opponent only set 2/3 on the top Territory. Will I get 64 more pts once the round is up? Because I didn’t those points once it began.

You receive 64 points for every team your opponent didn‘t set up. My opponent set up only 4 teams and a negotiator this turn and I ended up with a score of 1925. You receive the points at the beginning of the attack phase.
  • I have set only 2 teams, too. Never noticed until attack phase and saw 3 teams in his/her territory. So, hello enemy. I'm sorry. wasn't intentional
  • Naver666 wrote: »
    I have set only 2 teams, too. Never noticed until attack phase and saw 3 teams in his/her territory. So, hello enemy. I'm sorry. wasn't intentional

same here. I was used to set 2 teams.
    I didnt pay attention and out of habit I set only 2 teams.
    can happen, so what is all the fuss about ?

You should be banned from all GA battles permanently IMO because attitudes like yours is what hurts this game even more. If you don’t want to play then don’t. By you encouraging others to do the same shady thing you hurt the actual players who try’s and enjoys this game and events like this. The same thing has happened to me this GA and no I didn’t receive the extra points. In my division which is 1 every point counts.

Sorry OP this happened to ya bro. I hope your able to get the points you deserve my friend

a640wedh6jrl.jpg
    owg3cnus03k1.jpg
    yd0ke75axls4.jpg
    p0uor72xt6uk.jpg

So, he’s got 6 more g13 than you. 2 of whom are Bistan and SRP, who you know for sure will not be used in defence or attack. Another 2 are B2 and Magnatard who will make very little difference to his GG team if you use the correct counter and strategy.

Of the other g13s he has that you don’t, AV will make little difference to his NS team if you go in with a safe counter, and GMY is almost certainly going to be used on offence. The B1 will make your GG battle difficult, but not impossible.

As for negotiator, the only question I have is how someone at 4.6M GP can have 0/145 shards?

Anyway, you don’t have Negotiator, so I assume you’re used to facing it in fleet arena with what you have. It’s the same as anything else - when people didn’t own DR or Malak and came up against others who did own them, they needed a counter.

If I had your roster and was drawn against your opponent, I would 100% be trying to win.

You should be banned from all GA battles permanently IMO because attitudes like yours is what hurts this game even more. If you don’t want to play then don’t. By you encouraging others to do the same shady thing you hurt the actual players who try’s and enjoys this game and events like this. The same thing has happened to me this GA and no I didn’t receive the extra points. In my division which is 1 every point counts.

Sorry OP this happened to ya bro. I hope your able to get the points you deserve my friend

All 3 of you the OP, the guy you quoted and yourself are incorrect. You get 64 points for every D not set when combat starts no one lost anything.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Palanthian wrote: »
    If he set actual and serious defenses in every other zone, then it means that the person didn't pay enough attention and assumed it was only 2 slots per territory

I don't think the opponent is at fault here but CG definitely needs to do something about setting 1 defensive team on a territory or less than max slots and award full clear points over it
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    If he set actual and serious defenses in every other zone, then it means that the person didn't pay enough attention and assumed it was only 2 slots per territory

I don't think the opponent is at fault here but CG definitely needs to do something about setting 1 defensive team on a territory or less than max slots and award full clear points over it

They do exactly that.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Then I don't see why Palanthian has an issue with his opponent other than wanting more of a challenge or another battle to complete a feat
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator

a640wedh6jrl.jpg
    owg3cnus03k1.jpg
    yd0ke75axls4.jpg
    p0uor72xt6uk.jpg

So, he’s got 6 more g13 than you. 2 of whom are Bistan and SRP, who you know for sure will not be used in defence or attack. Another 2 are B2 and Magnatard who will make very little difference to his GG team if you use the correct counter and strategy.

Of the other g13s he has that you don’t, AV will make little difference to his NS team if you go in with a safe counter, and GMY is almost certainly going to be used on offence. The B1 will make your GG battle difficult, but not impossible.

As for negotiator, the only question I have is how someone at 4.6M GP can have 0/145 shards?

Anyway, you don’t have Negotiator, so I assume you’re used to facing it in fleet arena with what you have. It’s the same as anything else - when people didn’t own DR or Malak and came up against others who did own them, they needed a counter.

If I had your roster and was drawn against your opponent, I would 100% be trying to win.

Not to mention that his opponent doesn't even have a g13 Anakin, which the negotiator relies on and Ackbar fleets can easily destroy Negotiator once JKA is down for the count

I'm sure Nauros has more focused toons to compensate for the Toon GP difference in g13 (he doesn't have C list toons like Holdo, Baze for example in that screenshot)