Roster Lock Clarification

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Why do I keep reading Rock Lobster Clarification?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Are you hungry? Lobster sounds good now...
  • TVF wrote: »
    Thankfully I do not know the lyrics to that or I would have it for an earworm for the rest of the day! :D
  • Matchup screen, where you can view both players:

b6rg0zf1d0ul.png

My roster inside of that selection screen:

ful9xv4y2vaj.png

My roster placed on the zone:

5u6tptszpcra.png

I've also confirmed with my opponent that they cannot view my locked roster and see the same thing that I do. Meaning, I cannot view their locked roster as well. This is 100% a major issue and a bug that has to be fixed asap. @CG_TopHat @CG_SBCrumb

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    nabokovfan wrote: »

I've also confirmed with my opponent that they cannot view my locked roster and see the same thing that I do. Meaning, I cannot view their locked roster as well. This is 100% a major issue and a bug that has to be fixed asap. CG_TopHat CG_SBCrumb

you do realize it's been this way since GA right? So 100% a major issue that has to be fixed asap might be a tad of an overstatement...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

I've also confirmed with my opponent that they cannot view my locked roster and see the same thing that I do. Meaning, I cannot view their locked roster as well. This is 100% a major issue and a bug that has to be fixed asap. CG_TopHat CG_SBCrumb

you do realize it's been this way since GA right? So 100% a major issue that has to be fixed asap might be a tad of an overstatement...

It is not an overstatement. If we have locked rosters without any way to view/strategize in a game mode that is entirely about doing so.... it's a major issue.
  • We can view them within the battle, but I do agree it is a problem that we can’t see them before that.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

It is not an overstatement. If we have locked rosters without any way to view/strategize in a game mode that is entirely about doing so.... it's a major issue.

Seeying as you haven't even noticed it eventhough it's been this way ever since GA (without the C) was introduced to the game, i'd say it's an overstatement. I mean, if we start calling things we haven't even noticed for over a year(?) a major issue that needs to be fixed asap what do we call issues that actually require the devs' immidiate attention?
    I can agree that it would be nice if there was a way to check your opponent's locked roster in the set-up phase.
  • Zarkoan_81
    43 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Player lock on join for GAC?

Join that discussion on the player lock not being an IN GAME announcement. More info there and better chance to sound off.
  • leef wrote: »
    Seeying as you haven't even noticed it eventhough it's been this way ever since GA (without the C) was introduced to the game, i'd say it's an overstatement. I mean, if we start calling things we haven't even noticed for over a year(?) a major issue that needs to be fixed asap what do we call issues that actually require the devs' immidiate attention?
    I can agree that it would be nice if there was a way to check your opponent's locked roster in the set-up phase.

This has nothing to do with whether I "noticed" it before or not. It has shown locked rosters in there before and I have absolutely no way to prove it. In the same way that you don't have any way to prove it's not been that way. Let's carry it further and go through the logic, how should it be? It should show locked rosters or not? I've talked with other players on discord, they seem to think it used to show locked rosters before the most recent update. There isn't any sense in arguing about what was, just about how it should be, why it should be that way.
  • I've marked up my previous post when I set my defense initially as well. Here are the full details now that I'm able to verify what has been said in all previous posts.
    2nd matchup of GACs and I can verify it did lock when I joined. The upgrades mentioned above are not reflected and I was able to verify this when setting my defense. If you continue reading the posts below, you'll see that the inventory screen in the matchup does not show your locked roster, but it shows your current roster only.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Matchup screen, where you can view both players:

b6rg0zf1d0ul.png

My roster inside of that selection screen:

ful9xv4y2vaj.png

My roster placed on the zone:

5u6tptszpcra.png

I've also confirmed with my opponent that they cannot view my locked roster and see the same thing that I do. Meaning, I cannot view their locked roster as well. This is 100% a major issue and a bug that has to be fixed asap. @CG_TopHat @CG_SBCrumb

Why do you keep going on, when DarjeloSalas already told you exactly how to check your locked characters before setting them?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

This has nothing to do with whether I "noticed" it before or not. It has shown locked rosters in there before and I have absolutely no way to prove it.

It has never, ever shown locked characters there before. No, I don't have proof either.
    The only way to check your locked characters before setting them on defense, is and was like DarjeloSalas described.
    Let's carry it further and go through the logic, how should it be? It should show locked rosters or not?
    How it should be (in your or mine opoinion) and how it actually is are two different things. It's CG's design. Don't expect your logic to count for anything.

• leef
    13458 posts Member

This has nothing to do with whether I "noticed" it before or not. It has shown locked rosters in there before and I have absolutely no way to prove it. In the same way that you don't have any way to prove it's not been that way.
    Let's carry it further and go through the logic, how should it be? It should show locked rosters or not? I've talked with other players on discord, they seem to think it used to show locked rosters before the most recent update. There isn't any sense in arguing about what was, just about how it should be, why it should be that way.

And yet here you are, arguing about what was ;)