Best fleet for DEF?

Valeran
119 posts Member
edited November 2019
Gentlemen,

I know I will be wrecked in GAC when it comes to fleet fights, although I don't want to be easy prey. I have the good old fashioned Chimaera & Executrix (7-star, g12 toons) with 7-star ships (g9- but mostly g12 toons) except for Anakin's eta (5-star, g12 toon), hyena & vulture (4-star, maxed what I could) and the rest very underpowered such as rogue one, bounty hunter and sith empire ships. I don't have Negotiator or M-I-L-F (this was censored lol). Couldn't really afford spending stuff on ships.

In the fleet arena, I'm around rank 250 with Chimaera & geo/HT/droid combo.

What kind of team composition would you recommend to put in defense? Losing is certain, but I want to minimize the banners my opponents would get by as much as possible.

Thanks for the help!

ps.: I know rewards are trash but I still want to stand my ground :- )

Replies

• I would suggest, instead of trying to minimize his points on offense, why not trying to maximize yours? What I mean is, it is true, you will probably not be able to beat his fleet if he puts Negotiator or **** on defense, but in case he keep them for offense (lots of people likes to go strong on offense) and puts Chimaera on defense, you will have a fighting chance. The more points you make, the more promotion you might be able to achieve, independently on your adversary score. So I would keep a strong fleet for offence and an ok fleet for defense.

Maybe geos on defense with Tarkin and Chimaere on offense (to deal with Hound's tooth) with kylo, vader and tie? or viceversa, but I would keep the Chimaera for offense to kill the hound's tooth
  • It's really depends who are you fighting. For example, your def will be literally nothing against good HMF/Bistan/Biggs setup - they even can field just those 3 ships without reinforcements and get their 66 points.

So, as poster above said, try to maximize you offense chances, it's usually more sensible strategy than sitting on def and losing anyway.
  • RyogaHibiki
    31 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/514606228429733888/643150675949387789/Screenshot_20191110-130345__01.jpg
    (R7 ackbar, rest g12+3)

Can save HT for offense

For OP, I regret to inform you that you will need relic crew and potent compilations to always succeed in fleet content.

Though, it won't guarantee victory in GAC if they keep the fleet node in back
  • Well, what made me happy is that fleet is at the back territory so I was able to place my arena team in front of it plus my second most powerful team, they can't break through.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1232 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Valeran wrote: »
    Well, what made me happy is that fleet is at the back territory so I was able to place my arena team in front of it plus my second most powerful team, they can't break through.

I was going to suggest exactly that as your best possible strategy. I hate it when my opponents wall off their fleets, but I'm not above doing the same thing when I need my best fleet for offense and know my opponent can beat everything else.