MALAK Knight side unbeatable?

2Next

Replies

• He's not unbeatable. Persistence bears fruit. I beat him in nearly 4 hours. I had G12+4 zzzRevan (269 sp), G12+2 zBastila (215 sp), G12+2 Zaalbar (230 sp), G10 zzT3-M4 (219 sp) and G11 zJolee (180 sp).

Yes, you need to put arena mods on them. I put the strongest ones to Zaalbar as I wanted him to be fast and survive as much as possible. I hit pods when I beat both droids, keeping both under stun or ability block. I gave Bastila special to Revan as he was the best punch in the team. Before bringing Malak below 50% health, make sure to hit the tenacity pod so he will drain that first and you still have a chance to put more shreds on him with Zaalbar.

At the last stage, Malak stood on 4 shreds and both droids on 1 shred. He had minimum stacks so I started to bombard him. He killed T3 and Zaalbar, I used special on Revan as he sometimes counterattacks. Malak tends to miss attacks at this point so it's RNG dependant. Good luck.
  • I did this on my first attempt after watching the video and taking my time with the event.
    1.) Droids are #1 priority. Kill them to keep Malak's stacks low. NEVER USE JKR's AOE!
    2.) always use Zaalbars ability to try and get a Shred on Malak. I never bothered with the droids.
    3.) Attack stasis pods if their are no droids to attack.

I also had Zetas on Mission and Zaalbar. They were GL 11, rest of team was GL12.
  • This event is so shady and if I spend 10 hours this weekend and fail, and I am up monday morning trying again and again with qualified characters watching every strategy video I can find, I will always remember CG as a cowardly company.
    It's clearly not at all your fault that you can't beat an event that tens of thousands have completed months ago with fewer available gear tiers.
  • I have tried all weekend, been snubbed twice before with their own faults by pulling the event, then staining our weekends with this nonsense. This event is so shady and if I spend 10 hours this weekend and fail, and I am up monday morning trying again and again with qualified characters watching every strategy video I can find, I will always remember CG as a cowardly company.

i am sorry that you are struggling so much with this event, but it is not CGs fault for your struggles. This is a beatable event with the right strategy and decent modding, so you should probably take a look at how you have modded your team.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • willennium
    221 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Definitely not unbeatable(considering how many people have Malak). I beat it the second time he came with G12 zzzJKR, G12 Big Z(no zeta), G11 zMission and zJolee, G10 zBastilla. I also swapped my arena mods onto them all. Make sure you use those mod presets to make it easier to put mods back where they were after you're done. It was far from easy and took a TON of tries, but it happened. Key is getting mods just right and doing following a specific attack plan EXACTLY. Someone posted a reddit link on the first page. I think that's the strategy I used.

It's been a while since I played it, but I still kinda remember the strategy since it took a lot of tries and was pretty stressful. lol. Basically, armor shred both droids(possibly 2 or more stacks, depending on how strong your team is) so you will be able to take them down quicker to keep Malak's stacks from getting too high. CAREFULLY apply armor shred to Malak while you manipulate those pods so he will absorb the crit immunity one(so you won't get fear every time you hit him), then the other one on the right. Make sure he doesn't absorb the two pods on the left. Don't go all in on Malak until you get AT LEAST 4 or 5 stacks of armor shred.

Good luck!
  • Light side is definitely tougher than dark side (which is just keep killing things with Dr Evan until he gets enough stacks and then basic Malak to death) but it surely not unbeatable

I beat the event with G12 zzz JKR, G12 Basty, G12 Jolee, G11 z Mission & G11 z Zalbar

Made Zalbar as fast as possible, to get armour shreds on Malak asap, the rest, as much offence as possible. Missions zeta felt quite important, as her assists with Big Z were happening a lot

Destroy droidsto get Malaks stacks down, hit Malak with armour shred whenever possible, if no droids, then work on the pods. Rinse, repeat until Malak has 5 stacks of armour shred and go to town on him. Mission and Big Z would die pretty soon at this point but my 3 Jedi carried the DPS and defeated him
  • Hi! Just checking in January 2020, and yes malak light side is 100% impossible to beat, you either know a mod or you're cheating, I'm not a whale or anything but this event today has just made me quit the game, if I can't progress not even with money which is all EA cares about then it's no longer worth it, but I did have 4 great years playing the game and it was fun but malak is really just taken the wind out of my sails it's just not worth it anymore. I hope you all enjoy the rest of the game whatever it may bring.
  • i got him down to no jedi, droid shreded but he killed z before i could start to shred him. so no malek for me. guess i will try to get them to g13 and relics, then maybe i can win. or just rely on dark side shards i guess when the event comes around. really makes arena harder without him.
  • Hi! Just checking in January 2020, and yes malak light side is 100% impossible to beat, you either know a mod or you're cheating, I'm not a whale or anything but this event today has just made me quit the game, if I can't progress not even with money which is all EA cares about then it's no longer worth it, but I did have 4 great years playing the game and it was fun but malak is really just taken the wind out of my sails it's just not worth it anymore. I hope you all enjoy the rest of the game whatever it may bring.

Those thousands of unlocked Malaks in the game are just figments of my imagination?! I knew it. My therapist said they were real, but I knew he was lying.. must have been paid by CG.
  • Dm1996 wrote: »
    i got him down to no jedi, droid shreded but he killed z before i could start to shred him. so no malek for me. guess i will try to get them to g13 and relics, then maybe i can win. or just rely on dark side shards i guess when the event comes around. really makes arena harder without him.

You get the dark side shards only once. Don't shred bots, shred only Malak. Give him the crit immunity buff so you don't get feared. Kill the other 3 jedis and bots with aoe and single fire. Get to 5 stacks of shreds and win.
  • Dm1996
    27 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    You get the dark side shards only once. Don't shred bots, shred only Malak. Give him the crit immunity buff so you don't get feared. Kill the other 3 jedis and bots with aoe and single fire. Get to 5 stacks of shreds and win.

Yea i tried it the way it shows on youtube videos but non of that worked for me. What i described above was just the last attempt i made, trying something different.

As far as the guy above with the imagination, maybe those people just spent money on the game and so they get "extra" help. Whatever the reason, i just know my team is over specced for the encounter and still fails. so maybe if i get them super specced i can win. its the same with the chewy event, i was slightly over spec and failed. when i super speced it was easy.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Dm1996 wrote: »

Yea i tried it the way it shows on youtube videos but non of that worked for me. What i described above was just the last attempt i made, trying something different.

As far as the guy above with the imagination, maybe those people just spent money on the game and so they get "extra" help. Whatever the reason, i just know my team is over specced for the encounter and still fails. so maybe if i get them super specced i can win. its the same with the chewy event, i was slightly over spec and failed. when i super speced it was easy.

What’s overspecced? Details? Mods? Lol extra help for paying, unless you mean more gear etc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • If your team cannot beat an event and there is more room to improve your team, then I suspect that further improving your team may improve your odds of beating the event.

Let Malak absorb both the Tenacity and Crit Immune buffs. Use Mission and Jolee specials to boost Zaalbar protection. Avoid JKR AOE until the end.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

What’s overspecced? Details? Mods? Lol extra help for paying, unless you mean more gear etc

My team are all g12(almost 13), speed 230+, with my best arena mods. that why i wrote, maybe if they are g13 with relics i can win next time. as far as help, i mean the RNG might favor paying customers more.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

My team are all g12(almost 13), speed 230+, with my best arena mods. that why i wrote, maybe if they are g13 with relics i can win next time. as far as help, i mean the RNG might favor paying customers more.

Only in the sense that paying customers have more access to gear, which minimizes RNG.

Many people beat this before G13 even existed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I got smoked for two and a half days by this event, got super frustrated, then watched the AhnaldT101 video and followed that advice. Got it on the next try. It's one of the few times in this game where speed is good, but it isn't everything. Offense (especially on Z, JKR, and Bastila) is what gets you across the finish line when it's just Malak and the droids. I feel your pain though. I lost track of how many times I had to just walk away and cool down for a while. This event was zero fun for me. But I chose to stay in there, so no one to blame but myself.
  • Dm1996
    27 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Update 4-18-2020

Still cant beat light side.

All zetas.
    Revan 12.3 spd 236
    Shah 12.3 236
    Bindo 12.4 230
    Zalbar 12.5 232 59khealth 85kprot
    Vao 12.4 251

I have a guildmate that beat it with 18k zalbar and vao but he had relic 4 and 3 revan and bindo. I can only get 3 or 4 shreds before he absorbs one, then he just keeps healing back to back to back to....until zaalbar goes down then its over.

The best i can do is, all stasis fields destroyed, no malak absorb, 1 shred on each droid, 3 shreds on malak. He just keeps absorbing health every turn. Not enraged but absorbs one after another until either zal is gone or vao.
    Post edited by Dm1996 on