Is there a timeline for the disappearing button fix?

@CG_SBCrumb

Is there any information you can give on how soon this will be resolved? This is really sapping enjoyment from the game.

GAC is currently my favorite game mode (well really the only game mode that provides entertainment currently) and this bug has now occurred the last 3 GAC rounds in a row. It's gotten to the point where I wonder why I bother trying to play GAC (which as this is the only mode that I find entertaining).....

Replies

• It would've been fixed a long time ago if they had been able to directly attribute it to a loss in revenue... fingers crossed the need to open up the GeoTB squad requirements, which may well cost them more GET & Crystals payouts might finally get them to take it seriously, I mean last week we were at the stage where the in-game Controls didn't work properly, the in-game Sound didn't work properly, the in-game Events didn't work properly, and even the in-game Fixes didn't work properly, so I guess 2020 can only get better!
  • Let’s have a little more fun with an open TB first!
  • Considering they haven't bothered fixing it for over 2 years, I doubt they have anything resembling a timeline for a fix.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Considering they haven't bothered fixing it for over 2 years, I doubt they have anything resembling a timeline for a fix.

Is it possible they are telling the truth when they say they've been having trouble identifying how to fix it?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7430 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    Considering they haven't bothered fixing it for over 2 years, I doubt they have anything resembling a timeline for a fix.

Is it possible they are telling the truth when they say they've been having trouble identifying how to fix it?

Not for 26 months. All this extra logging they claim to have added should have been done right away. It shows they haven't cared enough to bother.

Edit: as a counterpoint, the Teebo stealth bug... they acknowledged right away, and it took about a year to fix, but they gave many updates during that time to let people know they were actively working on it. This bug, the pulled CHOLO from requirements for Hoth, and then acted like that was it, and we were just SOL.
  • TVF wrote: »

Then maybe they should first determine something that will allow for -detection- of when the problem has occurred and then roll back the battle attempt. This would be acceptable.
  • StarSon
    7430 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    To actually answer the OP, I did find the below from https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/217197/disappearing-buttons-update#latest
    As much as we want to deploy a fix immediately, we are likely going to need 4-6 more weeks to address this problem.

That 4-6 weeks is 11/22 - 12/6.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    To actually answer the OP, I did find the below from https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/217197/disappearing-buttons-update#latest
    As much as we want to deploy a fix immediately, we are likely going to need 4-6 more weeks to address this problem.

That 4-6 weeks is 11/22 - 12/6.

Thanks for the info. I missed that.
  • Believing they can fix it in 4 to 6 week is.... well cute
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Believing they can fix it in 4 to 6 week is.... well cute

"likely" 4 - 6 weeks. That can turn out to be anything.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    >Disconnect if it happes
    >force the connection issue by opening the chat without connection
    >connect again
    >go back in and see how the buttons appear.
    I did this 10min ago in a ship fight.
    I use this trick to good effect as well.
  • They are never going to fix it .
  • True
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    >Disconnect if it happes
    >force the connection issue by opening the chat without connection
    >connect again
    >go back in and see how the buttons appear.
    I did this 10min ago in a ship fight.
    I use this trick to good effect as well.

I saw only one comment on the forum, tried it and it worked.
    Don't know why people don't spread this around (or why the devs don't use it as an temporary solution, till they actually fix it).
    Or maybe mods just move it into sub sections where NO single person will read it.

You're still not using the discussions link?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    https://trello.com/b/vgQhKHMf/swgoh-developer-tracker

Here is where you can check for updates on current issues.

Other than that, when they have an update they will post it.
This discussion has been closed.