Embrace the Karma

Prev1
CaptainRex
2840 posts Member
edited October 2019
Pretty ridiculous that "Epic" characters like Malak and General Skywalker, who require an INSANE amount of resources, and multiple legendary characters to unlock, let alone gear, should then be stuck behind a GET1 gate to 7* (because they're mostly useless until then).
In fact, we know that GAS was originally supposed to be a 7* unlock.

So what happens right after GAS ends? An epic event returns, accidentally gives out shards, and creates one of the biggest controversies and headaches for everyone (devs included) involved (and that's saying a lot).

Clearly, our cosmic overlords (the Force?) have determined that Epic characters should just be 7* with this bug.

So embrace it. I'm sure you have the data, find the number of F2P players who got General Skywalker this go around. Probably not very many.
Find the number of people who unlocked Malak, but still don't have him 7*.
And if CG is worried that they're "giving" them away (LOL) there's still kryo pieces, relics, mods, and all sorts of other gates (with many more to come I'm sure) to ensure the grind continues.

Spenders on the other hand? I'm sure they'd be much more willing to keep spending when you throw us bone every once in a while, instead of very obviously squeezing players just a little harder.

My thoughts, do what you will with them :smiley:
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• Gs was originally meant to be 7* unlock? I don’t think that’s accurate.
  • Oldeuboi wrote: »
    Gs was originally meant to be 7* unlock? I don’t think that’s accurate.

Do you mean that it was intended that the most expensive toon in this game should be totally useless at 5 stars ?
    Imagine those who spent thousands of Dollars for nothing .....
  • The developers are very out of touch with reality. Malak was useful at 5* albeit diminished, but General Skywalker is a flaming dumpster fire at 5*, expensive to gear, glass jawed, noodle swinging loser.

Locking such a character who needed so much behind a currency the developers TOLD us was for gear IS the problem...

Couldn't agree more with you CaptainRex
  • llShad0wll
    57 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I don’t see this as karma or divine intervention. This is a move similar to politicians. Create a distraction. Check. Provide communication that you’re working on the distraction. Check. Provide a solution that seems to “make good” on the distraction. Check. Move on totally ignoring the major dumpster fire people were screaming about before the distraction. Check.

I have a hard time not seeing this scenario being the case to divert attention away from the absolute garbage 5* GET1 locked GAS situation that has the community raging, rightfully so given the steep requirements and power creep that make G11 irrelevant. They really need to move G13 to the 7* requirement, not G12. That’d be a start in the right direction but still a far cry from righting the situation.
  • It's simple - after GAS event MANY people stopped spending, MANY top (and obviously spenders') accounts are listed for sale at the moment.
    Everyone unhappy with the direction game evolves should just stop spending and hope CG will notice that.
  • Tbh- I thought people would have done that with JKR those reqs to me were way off base. And this is from someone who complained about JTR reqs.

I lucked out with DR because I decided to gear up candy for the simple answer as - he’s hard to gear he will be needed. And got lucky with a haat reward. Yes a haat! Reward. And spent a long time getting dr lol

EC toons are supposed to be the cream of crop but to also stretch the game a bit.

My real problem with GAS was that there was no pattern to it. At least malak had some type of pattern. Journey , journey , journey - EC. This had to be by design.

While a 7* does make sense for an EC I’m more worried what level and rng it will take to beat it.
    G13 R7?? For 10 toons? Be careful what you wish for.

I think an easier fix would to just update the economy of coins and gear. Something the devs stated that they will do. We ll see if that happens.

As for the whole malak fiasco - I’m happy with any free stuff. But probably just easier to let it go. Like with all that modgate stuff.

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    In fact, we know that GAS was originally supposed to be a 7* unlock.
    Source please
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    There were just debates that new OP toon can't be delivered as badly as Malak was; there were hopes it's not gonna happen again but reality was even worse than anyone could imagine :s
  • Fredy5 wrote: »
    Do you mean that it was intended that the most expensive toon in this game should be totally useless at 5 stars ?
    People keep saying that word, "useless."

I do not think it means what you think it means.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Fredy5 wrote: »
    People keep saying that word, "useless."

I do not think it means what you think it means.

If you use him it doesn't mean he is not useless for someone else
  • Just wait until they release a new raid and we can’t use GS or whatever epic toon comes next because he isn’t 7*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    It's simple - after GAS event MANY people stopped spending, MANY top (and obviously spenders') accounts are listed for sale at the moment.
    Everyone unhappy with the direction game evolves should just stop spending and hope CG will notice that.

While I disagree with the use of the word "Everyone", I think the general sentiment is accurate. Our guild (mostly 4.5 - 5+ million gp players) has lost 4 or 5 players since the start of the GAS event. Many reflecting the same sentiments that Mobile Gamer and CubsfanHan have shared in their videos over the last few days.

I know a lot of people don't care or put much stock in what YouTubers say, but I do think that they, as long time players themselves and people that get a lot of feedback from players, generally reflect some of the over-arching feelings of many players about the game.

The combination of the GAS event, it's requirements, the 5* unlock and now Malak-gate has left many players feeling frustrated and uncertain about the direction of the game. Should we spend? Should we hoard? Does CG have a long term plan that is viable and sustainable? (bith from a business standpoint and the players' standpoint) Do they even care about either of those?

Honestly, the GAS event is at best, confusing. Hoard, save and then spend....for a character that is seemingly only one of the 4-5 teams that are meta-viable? Even at 7* R7?

People that say the game has always been about spending, or always been about hoarding are both wrong. But the game has typically had a fairly obvious "path" with directions that didn't seem to be in direct opposition the way it does now. I don't know that "dead in the water" is the analogy I'd use....but I do think the game currently lacks direction.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Shaddes wrote: »
    They haven’t even had the stones to come out and address the problem.. honestly are there any lawyers out here willing to dig through their garbage and find some illegal business practice proof? I bet there is TONs
    There is a Q&A next month, they will definitely address the problem then, at the very latest
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Yeah that’s not acceptable by any means and you know it you shill. Absolutly not worth talking to you in any capacity dude
    Patience is a virtue
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    It's simple - after GAS event MANY people stopped spending, MANY top (and obviously spenders') accounts are listed for sale at the moment.

While I disagree with the use of the word "Everyone", I think the general sentiment is accurate. Our guild (mostly 4.5 - 5+ million gp players) has lost 4 or 5 players since the start of the GAS event. Many reflecting the same sentiments that Mobile Gamer and CubsfanHan have shared in their videos over the last few days.

I know a lot of people don't care or put much stock in what YouTubers say, but I do think that they, as long time players themselves and people that get a lot of feedback from players, generally reflect some of the over-arching feelings of many players about the game.

The combination of the GAS event, it's requirements, the 5* unlock and now Malak-gate has left many players feeling frustrated and uncertain about the direction of the game. Should we spend? Should we hoard? Does CG have a long term plan that is viable and sustainable? (bith from a business standpoint and the players' standpoint) Do they even care about either of those?

Honestly, the GAS event is at best, confusing. Hoard, save and then spend....for a character that is seemingly only one of the 4-5 teams that are meta-viable? Even at 7* R7?

People that say the game has always been about spending, or always been about hoarding are both wrong. But the game has typically had a fairly obvious "path" with directions that didn't seem to be in direct opposition the way it does now. I don't know that "dead in the water" is the analogy I'd use....but I do think the game currently lacks direction.

"Everyone unhappy should stop spending" is more accurate word order )
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah that’s not acceptable by any means and you know it you shill. Absolutly not worth talking to you in any capacity dude
    Patience is a virtue

Then they should've let the Malak event run with shards, since it would've rewarded the patience of others
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Patience is a virtue
    Shill harder
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Midirataj wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Patience is a virtue
    Shill harder
    bd2.png
  • They already made their grave a TON of people been playing Dragon Champions now that global chat is tons of CG bashing. They pushed and pushed and pushed and now a lot of people either quit or are 1 foot out the door. Personally I won't quit yet however I will not spend a dime on this game anymore and I havent spent a lot (which I regret now)
  • Malak event came. I completed dark mission and got 75 shards. I was working on light side mission.
    Now malak event disappeared and i didnt get my Malak
    What a joke
  • Oldeuboi wrote: »

4m9jeguxqoz9.jpg

Pretty sure GS is a 3* unlock.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    StarSon wrote: »
    Oldeuboi wrote: »

4m9jeguxqoz9.jpg

I unlocked gs at 3 stars in cantina and he was one of the meta characters even at 3 to 4 stars early in the game because he called assists and gained 50% turn meter on a critical.

Even in the early days gaining critical damage and the extra attack and the extra turn meter was enough to make him meta.

Back then 1 assist was the most you could call and 50% tm was the most you could gain. There was none of this inflict a special debuff then call the whole team to assist a few times then everyone gets a few bonus turn garbage that causes the buttons to quit and just go on vacation because they have no idea who goes next.

Ps he is also a favorite to 7 star early so you can collect han, gk, and traya asap.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    So this is gonna be a thing even if you have to bump threads yourself? Ok.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon wrote: »

4m9jeguxqoz9.jpg

There is no A in General Skywalker though. He's not Anakin, just G. Skywalker. Just like JKA lacks a surname. I prefer to call him Gensky.
  • TVF wrote: »
    So this is gonna be a thing even if you have to bump threads yourself? Ok.

Well, I just did a search, and only went back a bit... didn't realize until just now some of them were old.
    StarSon wrote: »

4m9jeguxqoz9.jpg

There is no A in General Skywalker though. He's not Anakin, just G. Skywalker. Just like JKA lacks a surname. I prefer to call him Gensky.

Except that CG has accepted it. And it can't be GS, because that's Geo Soldier. Gensky is fine.
  • We can assume - and did pre event- that any character dropped under this style of event will be obtained at 5 stars and require some other method to reach 7 stars.
    I have used my GAS effectively and entertainingly since unlocking - there is more than one game mode by I found him effective with a Padme team in the arena anyway.
    Yes G13 and relics mean that anyone not at 7 stars will be farther and farther behind but that is due to the 7 star G12 requirement- if they went G14 instead of relics we would be looking at the same thing- 5 star characters are farther behind completely maxed out characters.
    The next character dropped this way will be 5 stars too- and I will do whatever I can to get them because I like getting new characters and I like new events. Then I will scrimp and grind to get him/her/them started up as best I can.
    Is it rough not to get to dominate with them right away? For sure- but not unexpected.
    Not sure how we are still talking about this actually.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I still don't understand something in the torrent of complains regarding 5* unlock for Epic characters.

We knew Général Anakin was an Epic confrontation, as Malak was. 5* unlock and 70k get1 needed to 7* him, as for Malak.

Relics were out and 5* can't reach Relic level, nothing new here.

So we knew it was a 5* unlock without possibility to relic him.

So, those who used a lot of ressources to unlock him are disappointed that a 5* character cannot compete against relic level characters ? I'm geniunly confused.