Kyno wrote: »
    Lanbo wrote: »
    @Lanbo
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

It’s been a busy week and wanted to reach out to give a few updates:
    1. We’re starting to finalize testing on the Starforge Showdown. The event has been tentatively rescheduled to run next week from 11/8 through 11/10. We’ll keep you updated if that date changes again.
    2. Chewbacca is currently bugged and doing more assists than he should be. We’ll be rolling out a fix for him next week.
    3. We had an omission from our most recent patch notes. We’ve changed when the roster lock occurs for both TW and GAC matchmaking. Previously, your roster did not have a snapshot of your collection taken until the moment matchmaking had begun. This resulted in some players rosters being updated after the moment matchmaking by the nature of the system going through and taking snapshots of everyone’s roster. Now, when you click the Join button your roster is snapped. For TW, if you exit, you are removed from matchmaking consideration. When you rejoin, your roster is snapped again at that moment. Apologies for the omission.

See you on the holotables.

CG_TopHat

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/217926/updates-on-current-issues#latest

There was also a post previous to this saying they were working on this and that it would be coming.

Good job answering his question. Too bad you failed miserably because that definitely wasn't given in game.

When did I say it was stated in game?

They said they read all the updates to stay on top of things and this was one of them.

Epically wrong. I read game updates. You know, where they are supposed to post ALL the changes to the game. They posted this in dev announcements. Regardless of any of that, it should have been communicated in game. But I dont know why we expect any better. That's the CG way.

Dev announcements are also about the game. I'm not saying it shouldnt have been in game also, but it's not wise to ignore a place where the devs post information and state that ALL of that should be where you want to look.

Quit being an ****. GAME UPDATES is the logical place where GAME UPDATES should be posted. Not buried in a topic about updates on issues.

And furthermore it's irrelevant. It should have been an in game notice. They changed the way it's always worked.

See the forums tab? That's IN GAME.

dtfsk66woly1.jpg

So that's it? No more help for the 12 of us who didn't get the memo? I backed out and in and out and in but I did not see the leave or exit out tab for GAC. So yes, my roster is set for the initial entry into GAC with no way to exit and "resnap" my roster. The game, especially GAC, needs direct communication IN GAME! this way the other 12 of us wouldn't be voicing our concerns and unsatisfied joy of the game and it's small snags HERE in the forums.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    @Kyno, so OK we could read the forums beforehand. But 2 questions remain then:
    1) How could players who don't speak English know about it? (game clients are localised in many countries but the official forum is English only)?
    2) Isn't the countdown timer that says 'Players lock in ... hours' a lie? (because it's already locked)?
    Please, answer these two questions.

Is this a descrimination of all non-English speaking players?

I imagine google translate could help with #1.

Does it say player lock or roster lock on the countdown? If it says player lock I don’t see how that can be called a lie since that’s the time at which players are locked out if they haven’t hit join.
  • I believe this is a "fix" to try to help the cheating issue...or at least I hope. If so, then great. BUT! It should have been conveyed in game where EVERYONE would see it...especially since it contradicts what the game said...which was player lock at the beginning of the GAC, not the join period.
  • Player lock, to me means, just that...Player lock in ...(time ticking lower)
    hour:minutes: seconds
    Not player join, exit (where is exit icon).
    0.o
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    @Lanbo
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

It’s been a busy week and wanted to reach out to give a few updates:
    1. We’re starting to finalize testing on the Starforge Showdown. The event has been tentatively rescheduled to run next week from 11/8 through 11/10. We’ll keep you updated if that date changes again.
    2. Chewbacca is currently bugged and doing more assists than he should be. We’ll be rolling out a fix for him next week.
    3. We had an omission from our most recent patch notes. We’ve changed when the roster lock occurs for both TW and GAC matchmaking. Previously, your roster did not have a snapshot of your collection taken until the moment matchmaking had begun. This resulted in some players rosters being updated after the moment matchmaking by the nature of the system going through and taking snapshots of everyone’s roster. Now, when you click the Join button your roster is snapped. For TW, if you exit, you are removed from matchmaking consideration. When you rejoin, your roster is snapped again at that moment. Apologies for the omission.

See you on the holotables.

CG_TopHat

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/217926/updates-on-current-issues#latest

There was also a post previous to this saying they were working on this and that it would be coming.

Good job answering his question. Too bad you failed miserably because that definitely wasn't given in game.

When did I say it was stated in game?

They said they read all the updates to stay on top of things and this was one of them.

Epically wrong. I read game updates. You know, where they are supposed to post ALL the changes to the game. They posted this in dev announcements. Regardless of any of that, it should have been communicated in game. But I dont know why we expect any better. That's the CG way.

Dev announcements are also about the game. I'm not saying it shouldnt have been in game also, but it's not wise to ignore a place where the devs post information and state that ALL of that should be where you want to look.

Quit being an ****. GAME UPDATES is the logical place where GAME UPDATES should be posted. Not buried in a topic about updates on issues.

And furthermore it's irrelevant. It should have been an in game notice. They changed the way it's always worked.

See the forums tab? That's IN GAME.

dtfsk66woly1.jpg

Too bad CG doesn't see it or think to put it there. Quit trying to defend this **** already. CG needs to be held accountable for their actions and lack their of to their consumers. All over Reddit, here, discord people are confused about player lock in times. And now there are reports that it still is locking in at the end of the counter. CG created confusion by being **** and lazy period.

That's not in game. That's a link in game to somewhere else OUT of the game.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    The only silver lining to this is that at least this happened on the **** round of rewards. I'm not missing out on Zetas and I dont need the omegas or mods materials so may just put as bad a defense as possible to help others out.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    @Kyno, so OK we could read the forums beforehand. But 2 questions remain then:
    1) How could players who don't speak English know about it? (game clients are localised in many countries but the official forum is English only)?
    2) Isn't the countdown timer that says 'Players lock in ... hours' a lie? (because it's already locked)?
    Please, answer these two questions.

Is this a descrimination of all non-English speaking players?

Google translate. Most non english speakers are familiar with dealing with this issue.
  • Statistics dictate that approximately 5% of a game community access the games forums. 10% at absolute best. Relying on the forums to specify information that contradicts what the game itself displays, reflects foolhardy and inexperienced support staff.
    Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Statistics dictate that approximately 5% of a game community access the games forums. 10% at absolute best. Relying on the forums to specify information that contradicts what the game itself displays, reflects foolhardy and inexperienced support staff.

Can you provide a link?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Statistics dictate that approximately 5% of a game community access the games forums. 10% at absolute best. Relying on the forums to specify information that contradicts what the game itself displays, reflects foolhardy and inexperienced support staff.

Can you provide a link?

Really @Kyno !?! Instead of presenting some solution or calming the chaos, you choose another battle?!?! Bro, c mon man! Professionalism here bud! CG we are the customers looking for answers not another headache or battle. Smh

Can you provide a link?
    Statistics dictate that he cannot. ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Zarkoan_81 wrote: »

Can you provide a link?

Really Kyno !?! Instead of presenting some solution or calming the chaos, you choose another battle?!?! Bro, c mon man! Professionalism here bud! CG we are the customers looking for answers not another headache or battle. Smh

The only way to solve an issue or formulate a solution is with facts, if this claim is true and can be proven, then it is a viable path to follow and show CG that they should change how they do things. That is how you solve problems on a professional basis. I am not starting a battle, I am gathering information and/or possibly disputing false information that is not helpful to anyone.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @Kyno (and others):

This is how it looks in-game. After pressing "Join" (please notice the text on the button has changed to "Enter"), there's a count down to player lock. Yes, this is from the current GA.

opv1qng6yoj2.jpg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Not sure why I am tagged there, have i disputed that it stated that? I merely pointed out that it is incorrect to call it a lie, that is just a statement to make it sound more inflammatory.

Can you provide a link?

Really Kyno !?! Instead of presenting some solution or calming the chaos, you choose another battle?!?! Bro, c mon man! Professionalism here bud! CG we are the customers looking for answers not another headache or battle. Smh

The only way to solve an issue or formulate a solution is with facts, if this claim is true and can be proven, then it is a viable path to follow and show CG that they should change how they do things. That is how you solve problems on a professional basis. I am not starting a battle, I am gathering information and/or possibly disputing false information that is not helpful to anyone.

The battle you started is off topic with the statistics you questioned. That's the new battle. We are under the topic of GAC join/player lock. Not statistics of who read forums or not. The focus here is the means of communication IN GAME should be that which everyone who plays the game can see the new updates on roster snaps n player lock procedures. The forums isn't the best way to communicate 100%. If it was, the 14 or so of us wouldn't be disputing the lack of information we got. The next issue is the enter/leave tab into and out of GAC. Where is the leave tab? TW has the leave tab/option but I dont see it on GAC. I set my roster on TW and mod accordingly. When I need to adjust mods on my roster, I adjust, leave (which at that point your prompted to realize your leaving) and then I rejoin/enter with my adjustments intact. GAC does not have this option? I re-modded my GAC roster 4 times, entered the GAC event each time. I even killed the game, logged back in and made sure my roster was set at least 2 hours prior to...Player Lock... double checking again just to make sure. Not knowing until the actual launch of the event, that my roster was locked the first time I entered the event with toons not fully modded. No indication of certainty that my set up was intact. This should be a fix to the game. If I had an IN GAME email/note/update with the newest player lock/roster snap, i would definitely not entered until my roster was 100% modded for this new GAC event. Obviously this forum isn't 100% reaching out to people.
  • Zarkoan_81
    43 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    @Kyno @CG_SBCrumb can you at least suggest to your higher ups on your next meeting, to give us a chance to reset/relock our rosters? After this first round of GAC? That would be a great solution. The handful of us who didnt receive the full communication on roster lock, would be sooo grateful. Appreciate your feed back and support buddy!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Zarkoan_81

I am not in meeting with anyone, I do not work for CG.

This was suggested and brought up to them when this fix was announced.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    @Kyno @CG_SBCrumb can you at least suggest to your higher ups on your next meeting, to give us a chance to reset/relock our rosters? After this first round of GAC? That would be a great solution. The handful of us who didnt receive the full communication on roster lock, would be sooo grateful. Appreciate your feed back and support buddy!

If you are talking about this week of GA (which is almost over anyway), then you will get that. Roster lock occurs at each week, it’s not locked for the whole month.
  • My bad. Yes that's what I meant and forgot about the roster changes after. They still need to fix the "Enter" and "Leave" for GAC like how TW has.
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    They need to put all of this IN THE GAME and change the counter to not say "player lock" because that is not what it counts down to. They need to define "FO military". They need to define valor in Negociator's kit.

Why is so much information missing from the game? Clear communication is job #1, and the only thing clear here is CG fails at their job.