LS Geo TB is insane!! [MERGE]

Prev13456737
SithAmer
227 posts Member
edited December 2019
Guess the developers were not kidding when they said this would be the most difficult content till date (and I think for a long time to come).

My Padme zzG12, JKA R5, GK R3, zAT R3 and zC3PO G11 did not have a chance in round 1 of phase 1 special mission.

Same for my standard all G12 JKR team in Jedi mission.

May God have mercy on our souls.

Planning to focus on normal LS Geo TB next time round.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• 4 days away, and no info.....Has it been delayed?
  • Its thursday. We'll get the info either today, or right as they leave friday evening
  • The sooner they announce --> more time to prepare --> less panic farms / packs --> less $$
  • na you would get more warning that this.. it’s like the devs have taken all the negative comments and decided to do some sort of media black out..
  • I just got a great big download in game - could be it.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Didn't they say something about more info coming at the beginning of this week? Hell, even just saying that it's delayed would be better than this radio silence...
  • Well, they can't manage to get a returning event like malak to work, I wouldn't have hope for LS Geo TB to come on time....
  • It's not going to come this month
  • Whatever time CG say, just laugh & forget. That way you'll get a pleasant surprise when something new does come out.
  • But OP is right, there was something, but to be honest i'm no longer expecting CG to stick to their announcements, we have been proven several times they don't.
    So just eat cookies and do something fun ;-).
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Nadebotfm wrote: »
    4 days away, and no info.....Has it been delayed?

This was answered in another thread. Next TB won’t be the new light side one. It’ll be a repeat of Dark side Geo TB.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We were told we will be getting information this week or early next week.
  • Honestly folks....GC was not able to fix the Malak Event Mess within a certain time period. So i personally don't expect that they are able to "start" or give us the "New TB" within the next 3-4 weeks
  • Kyno wrote: »

So, given that it's supposed to actually 'start' on November 18th, which is Monday, and it would normally start at what would effectively be about 9am in EA HQ time, then by "early next week" we're basically saying it's not going to start on the 18th if we aren't given an announcement 'this week'!
    You'd need a Minimum of 1-day in-game notice/appearance of the TB for guild leaders in all different time zones to be given a chance to choose the desired TB between Hoth or Geo.
    With 18th being a Monday and no game changes occurring over the weekend that would mean that the TB would need to be showing up in-game by no later than end of EA work-day on Friday, no announcement by then is basically a childish radio-silence way of saying the TB event as a whole is Delayed or completely Cancelled rather than simply switched to be another DSTB week.
  • Kripty wrote: »
    na you would get more warning that this.. it’s like the devs have taken all the negative comments and decided to do some sort of media black out..

A week or two without massive reveals isn’t a media blackout. We know enough about it. I’m not expecting anything more than a “here it is” at this point. I’m not sure how much more we need. They have been trickling out info for a while.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Kripty wrote: »
    na you would get more warning that this.. it’s like the devs have taken all the negative comments and decided to do some sort of media black out..

A week or two without massive reveals isn’t a media blackout. We know enough about it. I’m not expecting anything more than a “here it is” at this point. I’m not sure how much more we need. They have been trickling out info for a while.

It is a bit surprising given how they rolled out/teased the DS info over weeks. At this point relative to release we already knew about the new TB related characters (Wat, GBA, Negotiator), Acklay, the platoon requirements, the schedule, and even had a release video...
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    It's not going to come this month

Agreed. I honestly think it might get pushed back into 2020. I'm not trying to be a doom sayer or anything, but let's look at some facts:

1) They had to spend development time that they had probably allotted to this event sorting out the Malak mess.
    2) There is also some Wat shard issues going on for some people/guilds that they are probably trouble shooting.
    3) The new movie is coming out in just over a month. And I don't think the higher-ups in the company are going to say "Sure, take your time on the movie tie-in stuff - just get that LS TB out."

My point is simply that unless the Episode 9 stuff is already almost ready, they are going to be more focused on getting that out promptly, than an arbitrary LS TB with no specific time-sensitive tie ins. So, imho, unless it's done and drops this week, I won't be surprised to see it pushed back to next year. And honestly, that's fine.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    But I want my Mal.

giphy.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

"We" as in the mods, or "we" as in the forums? Because on 11/1 Crumb said "next week," which was last week, and we all know that didn't happen.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2000512#Comment_2000512
    We've got a bunch of posts detailing the Light side version like last time. I'd expect that to kick off early next week most likely
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

"We" as in the mods, or "we" as in the forums? Because on 11/1 Crumb said "next week," which was last week, and we all know that didn't happen.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2000512#Comment_2000512
    We've got a bunch of posts detailing the Light side version like last time. I'd expect that to kick off early next week most likely

We as in all of us. "We" the mods dont generally get the information first, just the idea of when the information will be coming out.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »

Agreed. I honestly think it might get pushed back into 2020. I'm not trying to be a doom sayer or anything, but let's look at some facts:

1) They had to spend development time that they had probably allotted to this event sorting out the Malak mess.
    2) There is also some Wat shard issues going on for some people/guilds that they are probably trouble shooting.
    3) The new movie is coming out in just over a month. And I don't think the higher-ups in the company are going to say "Sure, take your time on the movie tie-in stuff - just get that LS TB out."

My point is simply that unless the Episode 9 stuff is already almost ready, they are going to be more focused on getting that out promptly, than an arbitrary LS TB with no specific time-sensitive tie ins. So, imho, unless it's done and drops this week, I won't be surprised to see it pushed back to next year. And honestly, that's fine.

I think point 3 is why we will see it before 2020. They want to get it out before the movie content.

They have stated before to have 2 "teams" working in tandom on different things, I would imagine that the people working on the TB are not the same people working on the new movie content.

Maybe I'm just hopeful, but that's my take.
    Lysandrax wrote: »

I think point 3 is why we will see it before 2020. They want to get it out before the movie content.

They have stated before to have 2 "teams" working in tandom on different things, I would imagine that the people working on the TB are not the same people working on the new movie content.

Maybe I'm just hopeful, but that's my take.

That's fair - and I hope your right. I am excited about a new TB - honestly even more than movie related content which typically is just marquees for characters which may or may not be all that interesting.

And just to clarify (since TVF seems to slightly misunderstand) - I'm not saying they wont have any TB - just not a new one. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Why do you think they're going to release the new cap before the TB?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Why do you think they're going to release the new cap before the TB?

I think he outlined his reasoning quite well.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Can you explain? I just tried to ask and the spam filter ate it for some reason.
  • Mercury88 wrote: »
    Its thursday. We'll get the info either today, or right as they leave friday evening

No, they release new events on Friday right before they leave for the weekend...not info. ;)

• Days passing, and no news
    They just want us to spend everything, and then release something new. As always. Money first, users after it.
    It was time to add capital ships, but let users spending, because some people saved GET2. Once they get tired of waiting and use it for negociator, we can release LSTB and malevolence
    This game sucks
  • TVF wrote: »
    Can you explain? I just tried to ask and the spam filter ate it for some reason.

Explain what? I'm not trying to be difficult, I honestly don't understand what (or who) you are asking.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    [
    And just to clarify (since TVF seems to slightly misunderstand) - I'm not saying they wont have any TB - just not a new one. ;)

What was this in reference to? All I said was I wanted the Malevolence, and my point was that it will be delayed along with the LSTB (most likely).
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    as always, i prefer delayed content over bugged content. Surely the button dissappear stuff isn't helping them reach the set release date either.
    Save water, drink champagne!